2017-18 AHL Affiliate: San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
One concern for me about last night was the inability of the Gulls to really generate threatening scoring chances around the net until the last 8 minutes or so of the game. Fiore's goal was on the rush - the rest of the game had the Gulls playing very much on the perimeter when they had possession.

Are we still thinking Berra will end up in San Diego? I still haven't seen him play in person.

Ontario has size again this year... gonna be another bruising season series.
Miller is injured. I think you'll see him whenever that's settled.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
When he was in Toronto I thought he looked the part of a solid energy line guy, but just seemed to get buried by all that young forward depth. He could probably come up and do a pretty darn good job in that role if needed.
I wouldn't mind seeing him. But for some reason the staff seems committed to Grant

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Gio Fiore will apparently make his NHL debut tonight. Greger Hanson, Zach Saar and Kyle Thomas were sent to Utah. Current depth chart:

Abbott - Carrick - Tropp
Kerdiles - Kossila - Roy
Dostie - Nättinen - Ortega
JST - Hults - Sabourin
Liambas - Bickel - Sideroff

Larsson - Oleksy
Schultz - Welinski
Thompson - Pettersson
Cooper - Melindy

Boyle - Redmond
Tokarski

Unless Fiore really impresses during his NHL tryout, he'll most likely get sent back to San Diego, once the Ducks' injury situation resolves itself. Derek Grant and Jaycob Megna could also get sent back at some point, so the Gulls' depth on paper is absolutely incredible. They could IMO even afford to send two of Dostie/Nättinen/Sideroff back to the junior league for an overage year.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
San Diego is up 7-5 after 2. Watch this GIF of Kerdiles' goal:

EDIT: Is the GIF/Tweet cut off for everyone? Does anyone know how to fix that?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Tokarski to Philly, Irving to the Gulls.
[tweet]917435070025101312[/tweet]
[tweet]917440133359534080[/tweet]

The writing was on the wall for Tokarski, good luck to him in Philadelphia. No idea what they plan on doing with Irving though.

Anybody know what Irving's contract status is? I'm assuming it's an AHL deal of some sort?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Tokarski to Philly, Irving to the Gulls.
[tweet]917435070025101312[/tweet]
[tweet]917440133359534080[/tweet]

FYI: You don't have to put the [tweet} tags around the tweet any more. just copy the link. One of the few things I like about the update.

The writing was on the wall for Tokarski, good luck to him in Philadelphia. No idea what they plan on doing with Irving though.

Anybody know what Irving's contract status is? I'm assuming it's an AHL deal of some sort?

Capfriendly doesn't even have him on their site. Has to be on an AHL deal only I think.

It is an AHL deal. My guess is that he may be Utah bound at some point, but who knows.

I wonder if the "future considerations" was just us getting an AHL deal. The Phantoms twitter said he was traded to the Gulls for "future considerations" as well. I think they had to be separate deals because one was an NHL team transaction and the other was strictly AHL. On the surface it looks like Tokarski>Irving, but Tokarski probably makes a lot more. Looks like purely a cost cutting move to me. Not a big deal though. Neither of these guys are of any importance.

Reactions: HansH

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Roy should be in Anaheim too. We could really use a playmaker on the PP right now, stupid for him to be in the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad