2017-18 AHL Affiliate: San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I guess Eakins will get the tick of approval if he stops playing the terrible grinding line of Ritchie-Henrique-Kase. :sarcasm:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Gulls defeat the Reign, final score 5-2. Highlights here. 8-game win streak, Gulls tie their record for longest win streak in franchise history! :handclap:

Boyle put up a ridiculous effort tonight, he stopped 53 of 55 shots against. No idea how they allowed that many chances against.

This game was surprisingly "civil", both teams were more interested in playing hockey than engaging themselves in the usual shenanigans. Part 2 of the back-to-back will be played tonight (3 PM PT), hopefully things remain just as civil and the Gulls keep winning...

Reactions: HansH

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Roy, Kossila, kerdiles, and Welinski have all had really nice years as far as production goes.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Kerdiles responded as well as he possibly could have to being derailed by injury yet again. He was supposed to get a long look in camp, but no. He Kerdiles'd himself.
I'm pretty curious to see how much development he has left. He seems pretty analogous to Noesen who has turned himself into a good fourth line 30 point player for New Jersey.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Ontario ends San Diego's win streak at 8, final score 5-2. Highlights here.
I went up with my seatmate for this one - the Gulls looked like they were the only one of the two teams that had played less than 18 hours earlier, instead of both teams coming off their game the night before. The defense pretty much took the game off - multiple odd-man rushes and turnovers being the story much more than Berra's performance in net. The offense was nearly nonexistent, and when the Gulls did score, they gave up a goal at the other end nearly immediately, killing any chance at momentum. They didn't deserve to win, the way they played - a shame to end the win streak with that kind of whimper.

They remain two points back of Tucson with the same number of games played, and four points ahead of Stockton, who sit in third with one game in hand. Hopefully Eakins can make them feel some shame for Sunday's mostly lifeless performance.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Looks like we may lose Fehr if Toronto trades him. How big of a loss would it be for the Gulls?

yeah, he was traded a min ago to SJ for a 7th in 2020. I kind of wish Murray would have matched that. If simply to keep him in SD. He's no doubt been a big part of their turn around.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Looks like we may lose Fehr if Toronto trades him. How big of a loss would it be for the Gulls?
He's been a positive veteran presence on the ice, from what I can see - his loss doesn't make the Gulls stronger, for sure. It may bring one of the other vets into the lineup more often, whether that be Sabourin or Schultz, but again, I'm not really seeing that as a net positive. Not an unrecoverable loss, but an annoying one at the very least -- there's been a string of vets lost this season. JST, Abbott, White, and now Fehr...

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
yeah, he was traded a min ago to SJ for a 7th in 2020. I kind of wish Murray would have matched that. If simply to keep him in SD. He's no doubt been a big part of their turn around.

Trade away the next Kase!? :sarcasm:

I agree, might have been worth a couple scraps just to keep the Gulls rolling.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
The worst thing about this Fehr business is that he goes to Cuda, which means our roster got weaker and theirs got stronger...

I wonder if Bob is on the market for a replacement of some sort?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The worst thing about this Fehr business is that he goes to Cuda, which means our roster got weaker and theirs got stronger...

I wonder if Bob is on the market for a replacement of some sort?
Fehr will be in the NHL with the Sharks.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Gulls back to winning ways with a 3-0 shutout at home over a somewhat discombobulated San Antonio squad. Berra arrived from the Ducks in time to notch the shutout, and Kosilla also made it back in time to score the Gulls' second goal, almost casually ripping it into the back of the net. Tropp got the game-winner on a outback on the PP in the first, and Roy completed the scoring with a great touch wrister from the circle.

One negative, Holzer got a major and booted from the game in the second for an illegal hit to the head. Tropp even fought Geerson (?) who took exception to a completely legal hit.

Gulls keep possession of 2nd in the Pacific, three points back of Tucson with equal games played.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Caravella

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good to see Kosilla keep scoring, it seems he's taken a really big step forward with the Gulls since his first NHL stint, wish that he'd get another look on the Ducks this season.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
frustrating to see Kosilla doing well, get called up, then we bring in Chris Kelly to eliminate any chance of Kosilla or another young player getting in the lineup.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
RC did the same thing to Nick Bonino. We'll either bring in a new coach for next season and Kossila will get a chance to swim in the league or he'll go somewhere else and be put in a much better position to succeed.

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
RC did the same thing to Nick Bonino. We'll either bring in a new coach for next season and Kossila will get a chance to swim in the league or he'll go somewhere else and be put in a much better position to succeed.
Angelduck, as is the case of several other Gulls players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad