2017-18 AHL Affiliate: San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Fiore has dissapointing numbers for someone who had suck a great camp. Numbers are not terrible but he`s not continuing what looked to be a possibly strong season, imo.
PS
SD has the best fan base in the league, no?

To me Fiore is having a very good season. His production ist on the same level like Luke Kunin's. Everything over 0.5 ppg in the first year in the AHL is pretty decent. His is not playing on the top line if I'm correct. Not sure about his pp time. Fiore is a late bloomer and he shows a lot of interesting skill. I hope he can keep up his progress.

Reactions: Kalv

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Cleveland Monsters (FKA Lake Erie Monsters) defeat the Gulls in OT, final score 2-1. Highlights here.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Bako extends San Diego's losing streak to three games, final score 3-2 (OT). No highlights available yet, although there are some random clips in Gulls' twitter and Bako's YT channel.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kerdiles & Kossila deserve another look, and maybe Blandisi again he looked much better in his couple games then the trash we are running.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Gulls defeat Monsters in OT, final score 4-3. Highlights here.

New guy Sherwood debuts and pots the game winner. Gulls are still 2nd in the division, but Ontario is not that far away. The Gulls also need to win the latter game of the back-to-back to stay where they are.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Is Boyle on track for a full load at the AHL next season or is he due to share the net?
Hard to say. The Ducks have put a veteran on the AHL goalie roster every year they've had the Gulls in San Diego, but that doesn't guarantee they'll do the same thing next season - I've heard little indication whether there are thoughts about that at this point, or whether that decision will be made in the off season.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Where's Hans been? Hope he's OK.
Hey, thanks for the concern! Just hadn't taken the time to post in a while - all's good.

I've been really frustrated at the continuing seeming inability for the Gulls to get even in the same order of magnitude of shots on goal as their opponents for way too many games. It seems that finally wasn't the case in the 2nd Cleveland game, but that tendency cannot continue and fuel a long playoff run.

The lineup has been seeing a lot of turnover, after a stretch where it appeared pretty set - with a combination of the Ducks calling up people and injuries, we're seeing guys who had been scratches for a long time (like Cooper and Schultz) draw in. They're managing to stay in 2nd in a very tight division, but one bad weekend could see them back near the playoff bubble if not worse.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey, thanks for the concern! Just hadn't taken the time to post in a while - all's good.

I've been really frustrated at the continuing seeming inability for the Gulls to get even in the same order of magnitude of shots on goal as their opponents for way too many games. It seems that finally wasn't the case in the 2nd Cleveland game, but that tendency cannot continue and fuel a long playoff run.
Ducks hockey, baby!

How has Larsson been?
We see Pettersson transition quite well to the NHL. Leaves me wondering what`s up with Larsson who already HAD debuted in the NHL last season.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Ducks hockey, baby!

How has Larsson been?
We see Pettersson transition quite well to the NHL. Leaves me wondering what`s up with Larsson who already HAD debuted in the NHL last season.
He's been solid of late, not having the moments that had me skeptical of him earlier in the season. He hasn't made a lot of impression - in a good way. He's doing his job and not creating opportunities the other direction. Petersson had had a similar trajectory down in the AHL this season - he'd frustrated me, but clearly sticking as he has up with the big club shows I'm just no good at judging young defensemen unless they're flashy like Theodore or Montour :)

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad