WC: 2016 Team Denmark

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
What do they do if Nielsen or Bjorkstrand is knocked out of the PO's in the weekend?

If I remember correct a player is first registered when he plays a game at the WC. So unless you rotate your forwards you got two "reinforcement-tickets" sitting in the press box.

So until it's clear if Nielsen or Bjørkstrand would come(They won't - get over it ;) ) you don't play those two. If my memory is correct.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
You can register up to 22 skaters. When you register how many is up to you. You could play the first game with 3 lines.

If you play the first game with 8 D and 12 F you'd have 2 spots left you could register later on. But if you register a player he's registered and cannot be replaced.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
hehe my wife had written on my post as a mistake:laugh:

Islanders lost last night, and looks like tampa bay are strong in both ends.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ehlers will light it up.

Ever since the 2015 WJC, Denmark has risen in the hockey world. They were the darlings in Toronto, Canadian fans took the Danes in as their own. You guys have some high end skill up front.

Denmark will be playing in the Quarters. Probably won't advance further, but that's a big win for them.

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
They were the darlings in Toronto, Canadian fans took the Danes in as their own. You guys have some high end skill up front.

I'm glad to hear something like this from all the way from there. While I only saw Denmark vs. Switzerland in the U-20 this past winter in Finland, the Canadians were rooting for Danes like it was their boys playing, it warmed my heart. I may be a Finn, but Danes have a special place in my heart!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm glad to hear something like this from all the way from there. While I only saw Denmark vs. Switzerland in the U-20 this past winter in Finland, the Canadians were rooting for Danes like it was their boys playing, it warmed my heart. I may be a Finn, but Danes have a special place in my heart!

Seriously, we love the Danes. Go back and look at their games in Toronto at the 2015 WJC (widely available on YouTube). The arena was sold out cheering for them, they took Canadas heart.

After their first win, the kids all huddled up in the dressing room and celebrated with so much joy jumping up and down in a circle, I'm not sure I've ever seen it before. Apparently it's a celebratory dance? It was awesome and made everyone smile, especially around Christmas time with families together.

I'll always root for the Danes, except against Canada. You'll see it all over Europe, Canadians will cheer on the Danes as if they were our own. I don't know how to explain why it happened so fast, it's a recent phenomenon I don't see going away.

Something special happened in Toronto.

No joke, the Danes are slowly becoming Canadas 2nd team at the International Level.

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
While on subject of Canadian love for Danes, this came to my mind. This is from 2012, but I will always remember this thing. Poor kids got suspended over it. While I can "understand" it, the kids were just trying to have some innocent fun, I honestly doubt they considered the thing an actual joke.

On another note, I think it can really inspire danes to have "backing" of the canadian crowd. I don't know when or what the next big step for danish icehockey will be, but I am looking forward to it. :)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
2015 World Junior Championship. Look at the Ovation the Toronto crowd gives for the Danes. The Canadian fans were behind them all tournament in the Toronto pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mav4O15paU

Those Danes played with heart, Canadian fans will always appreciate the type of effort they gave. The Danes have been our unofficial second team since.

Whenever Denmark isn't playing Canada, we'll be behind them. Hopefully our crowd and support helps them.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Any idea between Dahm and Nielsen, is there clear #1 or are they gonna be swapping for now?

Dahm is the clear one, but nielsen will play. It was unexpected that Nielsen went, but Janne Karlsson replaced him with nielsen close to the tournament start. George Sørensen will be the 3rd goalie, there to learn.

Ehlers will light it up.

Ever since the 2015 WJC, Denmark has risen in the hockey world. They were the darlings in Toronto, Canadian fans took the Danes in as their own. You guys have some high end skill up front.

Denmark will be playing in the Quarters. Probably won't advance further, but that's a big win for them.

Normally i would say yes we would have a chance at QF, when we have 3 nhlers...but we are so weak on center this year...everything conspired against us on the position where we are already weakest.

Frans Nielsen is still playing NHL...Our 3 best european based centers are injured or declined for personal reasons. Peter Regin and Jesper Jensen are injured and Julian Jakobsen declined.
Our captain Morten Green would not have been selected this year if we have not had this problem...Will be his 18th world championships:naughty:

QF will be hard. There are a lot of teams at denmarks level in this tournament, and the group is hard. Survival is always the first goal, then we can look at QF after that.

But if Frans Nielsen goes out of the PO and comes(he is UFA, so its doubtful, but possible), we will have two very good nhl centers....

Freddy Andersen and Mikkel Boedker said no due to contract negotiations

I was so proud watching that tournament...the boys played their damn heart out, and it was so cool to see the canadians root for our young guns again even when the tournament was in finland.
2015 World Junior Championship. Look at the Ovation the Toronto crowd gives for the Danes. The Canadian fans were behind them all tournament in the Toronto pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mav4O15paU

Those Danes played with heart, Canadian fans will always appreciate the type of effort they gave. The Danes have been our unofficial second team since.

Whenever Denmark isn't playing Canada, we'll be behind them. Hopefully our crowd and support helps them.

There will be three players from the 2015 world juniors, and 1 from the 2016 world juniors on this team.
The goalie in start tournament George Sørensen will be the 3rd goalie in this tournament, the 2015 captain Mikkel Aagaard will play, and ofcourse Ehlers...And Mathias From from this years world juniors has been selected after a great camp.

Since the clip posting has started, heres a few ones from previous tournaments..
Denmark has been in the top division in the IIHF at senior level since 2003.

denmark won 6-0...all scored in 1st period:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
There will be three players from the 2015 world juniors, and 1 from the 2016 world juniors on this team.
The goalie in start tournament George Sørensen will be the 3rd goalie in this tournament, the 2015 captain Mikkel Aagaard will play, and ofcourse Ehlers...And Mathias From from this years world juniors has been selected after a great camp.
Looking here http://www.iihfworlds2016.com/en/teams/#DEN I thought From didn't make the team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad