WC: 2016 Team Denmark

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Yup. First exhibition game for Team Europe isn't until September 8th and the qualification tourney ends on the 4th. The Danes who play in WCOH will play in the qualifying tourney and then fly to NA for final couple days of training camp. I imagine the Danes, Germans, Slovenians and Austrians who play in WCOH will play mostly 3rd and 4th line roles in first couple exhibition games so they can ease into playing in those games from coming over from Europe. With a full roster, Denmark should be the favorite in their group to advance imo.
Ehlers-Nielsen-Hansen
Jensen-Eller-Boedker
Madsen-Regin-Bjorkstrand

That would make for a really good top 3 lines for you guys. I'll be pulling for Denmark to make the Olympics for the first time. With Andersen/Dahm in net, a strong top 3 lines and a full d corps, you guys should be fun to watch

I know it's pure speculation at this point, but I think the lines should be:

Ehlers - Nielsen - O. Bjorkstrand

Jensen - Regin - Bødker

Hardt - Eller - Hansen

(Storm - Jesper Jensen - Madsen)

Crazy that there's no room for Christensen, Jakobsen, Green, P. Bjorkstrand, Poulsen... etc

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

Jensen - Regin - Bødker

Hardt - Eller - Hansen

Crazy that there's no room for Christensen, Jakobsen, Green, P. Bjorkstrand, Poulsen... etc
I like those lines so much more..would love to have Ehlers -Nielsen-Bjorkstrand..Oliver and nik had so much chemistry and nielsen would be perfect for them

And would take Poulsen or p. Bjorkstrand as the extra

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016

Jensen - Regin - Bødker

Hardt - Eller - Hansen

Those lines are very close to my own dream version

Jensen - Nielsen - Bødker ( all-round first line)

Ehlers - Regin - O. Bjorkstrand (offensive exploit line)

Hardt - Eller - Hansen (defensive shut down line)

and if we reach the OG the second line, should have additional NHL experience for both the wingers so it also can work well against the top nations

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
If we qualify for the 2018 OG we could potentially have a team with 9 NHL regulars:
Nielsen
Hansen
Eller
Ehlers
Bjorkstrand
Jensen
Bødker
Andersen
Larsen

And we would probably have no room for several DEL/SHL/KHL forwards! Furthermore the rest of the roster could be made of regulars from DEL/SHL/KHL. That would be a surreal situation.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
It's still quite doubtful if NHL-players will be in South-Korea but as you say, Denmark would also have a solid team without NHL-players.

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
Those lines are very close to my own dream version

Jensen - Nielsen - Bødker ( all-round first line)

Ehlers - Regin - O. Bjorkstrand (offensive exploit line)

Hardt - Eller - Hansen (defensive shut down line)

and if we reach the OG the second line, should have additional NHL experience for both the wingers so it also can work well against the top nations

It's too bad against Finland, they were never really in the game even if they imo played the best game of the tournament against superior opposition, but when u think of the lack of centers in this team then its an amazing result to be number 8.

This is my version of the Olympic Q team, inspired by this years WCH.

Goalies: Obvious

Defense:

Stefan Lassen - Philip Larsen

Jesper B Jensen - Markus Lauridsen / Nicholas B Jensen

Oliver Lauridsen - Daniel Nielsen

Emil Kristensen

I want Philip Larsen and Jesper B apart, we saw what Jesper B can do offensively when allowed, the big question for me is who's he's partner gonna be, Markus Lauridsen was great when given the chance, but Nicholas B Jensen was really solid and made a nice case for himself, I hope Mads Bødker doesn't make the team, great wheels and experience, but really nothing more to him than that and he had problems distributing the puck in several games.

Offense:

Mikkel Bødker - Frans Nielsen - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Nikolaj Ehlers - Lars Eller - Jannik Hansen

Frederik Storm - Peter Regin - Nicklas Jensen

Nichlas Hardt - Morten Madsen - Mads Christensen

Morten Green - Patrick Bjorkstrand / Morten Poulsen

I want Mikkel and Frans together they had chemistry in Lukko, they tend to pass first so Oliver Bjorkstrand could be a nice scorer for them.
I would keep this years NHL line together they became better and better as the tournament went on, I would keep Frederik Storm and Nicklas Jensen together as well and give them a huge upgrade as center in Peter Regin.
Morten Madsen surprised me as a center in the WCH winning a ton of his faceoffs I would therefor grant him a spot, Nichlas Hardt could've been placed higher, but he wasn't here to prove himself so fourth line it will be, the same goes for Julian Jacobsen, Jesper Jensen will imo have a hard time making the team coming off his long injury.
I think Morten Green will make the team because of his leadership, hopefully only as a reserve. The last spot could be between Patrick Bjorkstrand and Morten Poulsen, Patrick saw his stock go down playing imo his worst WCH to date being one of the few disappointments on the team hopefully he can bounce back, Morten took Partricks spot on the third line can he take his spot at the Q as well? No matter how the lines may look though it should make one hell of a hockey team.:popcorn:

kenito

May 5, 2006
Aalborg
I really like your lineup and I really hope that Mads Bødker doesn´t make the team.

I order for Denmark to take the next step, we need the defencemen to change their mindset. Their placement during a offensive push is to far back. To many times, during the WC, I´v seen the Danish defencemen neglect to pinch or mishandle the puck at the blue line because they are to far back or affraid of getting overrun.

I´m not saying that we need Gong-ho hockey or Philip Larsens ill-advised blueline spinaramas but in order to pre-long offensive pressure, you need defencemen with the hands and guts to pinch and Support the forwards. Thats why I really don´t want Mads Bødker on this team. Far to many times he sacrificed the offensive zone pressure with poor placement and hands.

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
I really like your lineup and I really hope that Mads Bødker doesn´t make the team.

I order for Denmark to take the next step, we need the defencemen to change their mindset. Their placement during a offensive push is to far back. To many times, during the WC, I´v seen the Danish defencemen neglect to pinch or mishandle the puck at the blue line because they are to far back or affraid of getting overrun.

I´m not saying that we need Gong-ho hockey or Philip Larsens ill-advised blueline spinaramas but in order to pre-long offensive pressure, you need defencemen with the hands and guts to pinch and Support the forwards. Thats why I really don´t want Mads Bødker on this team. Far to many times he sacrificed the offensive zone pressure with poor placement and hands.

Ty kenito, and i agree with u about Mads Bødker, that's probably the reason of his low scoring totals all career long, gotta admire his loyalty though. Interesting what u say about our defensemen, I guess they don't feel as comfortable in the o zone as in the d zone which is perhaps understandable when thinking of the lack of Offensive D in our lineup, Jesper B Jensen showed a lot of guts in the O zone before his injury and so did Markus Lauridsen when he was given the chance, i think.
Overall Imo the team did very well, and its nice that there somethings they can improve on, just means they can get even better.:handclap:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
My bid for a olympic Q line-up

Nikolaj Ehlers - Frans nielsen - jannik hansen
Nicklas Jensen - Lars Eller - Mikkel Boedker
Nichlas Hardt/MC - Peter Regin - Oliver Björkstrand
Mads Christensen/NH - Morten Green - Frederik Storm
Morten Madsen

Philip Larsen - jesper B jensen
Oliver Lauridsen - daniel nielsen
Markus Lauridsen - stefan Lassen

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm
Georg Sørensen (to learn)

I dont want Boedker, Ehlers or Björkstrand on the same line, bc of their defensive skill set. Or lack of experience in that regard. I chose to have old man Grren on 4th line C bc of his experience.

Blueliners, I really dont know anything about blueliners in general - lol - so pls tell me why that line-up i sdestined to fail, and which players should be replaced by others

Last edited:

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I think Ehlers need to be on our first line. He has the best offensive skill set any Danish player ever had. He is a smoth fast skater and his zone entries are second to none in the Danish roster. He needs speed on the other wing and Jannick Hnasen or Mikkel Boedker has that speed. Hansen is much better defensively that Boedker who is horrible in that regard. Thats why I choose Hansen in that 1st line. I dont want a defensive weak spot on the same line as Ehlers. Ehlers will become a really good two way player in 2 or max three years. Im sure of that. But for now he needs back up from the other forwards. When he becomes better defensively I would have Boedker on the other wing bc his offensive skill set is much better than Hansens

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
My bid for a olympic Q line-up

Nikolaj Ehlers - Frans nielsen - jannik hansen
Nicklas Jensen - Lars Eller - Mikkel Boedker
Nichlas Hardt/MC - Peter Regin - Oliver Björkstrand
Mads Christensen/NH - Morten Green - Frederik Storm
Morten Madsen

Philip Larsen - jesper B jensen
Oliver Lauridsen - daniel nielsen
Markus Lauridsen - stefan Lassen

Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm
Georg Sørensen (to learn)

I dont want Boedker, Ehlers or Björkstrand on the same line, bc of their defensive skill set. Or lack of experience in that regard. I chose to have old man Grren on 4th line C bc of his experience.

Blueliners, I really dont know anything about blueliners in general - lol - so pls tell me why that line-up i sdestined to fail, and which players should be replaced by others

Lineup looks real solid. Rooting for you guys to qualify for the first time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad