WC: 2016 Team Denmark

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Markus Lauridsen, Stefan Lassen will be added next week. Daniel Nielsen, Mads Bødker, Oliver Lauridsen will be added next weeks. Philip Larsen - nothing is official. He did not say a definite do not. Not yet published. But the chances are small. Nichlas Hardt, Peter Regin, Julian Jakobsen official no.

Thats why I wrote questionable.

Larsen is almost definitely a no!

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
I wont think the worst about Philip Larsen just yet as nothing is official, yes it was a terrible excuse last year so is Nichlas Hardt's this year, but I would say if Larsen decides to join this year then he's forgiven, if he doesn't then he better have a good excuse or then maybe DIU should make an example of Larsen and Hardt at the OL Q and not allow them to play, we don't won't it to be a trend not play WC when available. They may newer won't to play for the NT again, but it might be a valuable lesson for the younger players, that no player is bigger than the team.

Last edited:

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
It was said by Janne after the Latvia game as for what i heard, that three d's would be cut and three new would be added, hopefully two of those three is Markus Lauridsen (unless too injured) and Stefan Lassen the third is obviously Mads Bødker. Philip Larsen will probably have to accept if most or all of the available NHL players accept and not before. Oliver Lauridsen and Daniel Nielsen are save bets when done playing PO unless injured.

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark
It was said by Janne after the Latvia game as for what i heard, that three d's would be cut and three new would be added, hopefully two of those three is Markus Lauridsen (unless too injured) and Stefan Lassen the third is obviously Mads Bødker. Philip Larsen will probably have to accept if most or all of the available NHL players accept and not before. Oliver Lauridsen and Daniel Nielsen are save bets when done playing PO unless injured.

Didnt Larsen get injuried in the play offs for Jokerit? As I remember he missed the last game because of it.

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark
How about Kim Staal? Is he 100% off the table? He is so valueble in the lockerroom, and he can do some damage on some of the opponents on our level!

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
How about Kim Staal? Is he 100% off the table? He is so valueble in the lockerroom, and he can do some damage on some of the opponents on our level!

Well u can newer say anything for sure about Kim Staal and i do feel he deserves to play a couple of training matches, but the fact that he isn't here right now indicates he won't play. I'm hoping Mathias From will make it though, even with all the NHL players, and his limitations without the puck, he could be really dangerous in the counter attack from the bottom 6.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Watch out for Denmark.
With all due respect, having their NHL players come over doesn't really make Denmark more of a threat than Norway, Latvia or even Kazakhstan.

Denmark probably has the second least depth out of these 4 teams and the team with the least depth - Kazakhstan - has added a bunch of North American import players with NHL experience to their line-up as well (Bochenski, Dawes, Boyd, Dallman).

If Denmark iced something close to their current roster (the one they used vs. Latvia), I'm afraid they'd be the favorites to get relegated. So, really, all this does is it gets Denmark back to where they were in the pecking order.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
With all due respect, having their NHL players come over doesn't really make Denmark more of a threat than Norway, Latvia or even Kazakhstan.

Denmark probably has the second least depth out of these 4 teams and the team with the least depth - Kazakhstan - has added a bunch of North American import players with NHL experience to their line-up as well (Bochenski, Dawes, Boyd, Dallman).

If Denmark iced something close to their current roster (the one they used vs. Latvia), I'm afraid they'd be the favorites to get relegated. So, really, all this does is it gets Denmark back to where they were in the pecking order.

You do your best to talk down Denmark, and Latvia up every year mate :handclap:

In Denmark threads none the less.

Why do you feel something is taken away from Latvia, when someones talks positively about Denmark?

The Danish Depth has indeed risen, and the team you guys saw, was **** and had a huge lack of not just NA players, but also euro based players.
Still managed to do ok.

The Danish depth and Norways and Latvias is about equal id say, when all players are healthy.

A little perspective would be good;)

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
You do your best to talk down Denmark, and Latvia up every year mate :handclap:

In Denmark threads none the less.

Why do you feel something is taken away from Latvia, when someones talks positively about Denmark?

The Danish Depth has indeed risen, and the team you guys saw, was **** and had a huge lack of not just NA players, but also euro based players.
Still managed to do ok.

The Danish depth and Norways and Latvias is about equal id say, when all players are healthy.

A little perspective would be good;)
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about. I never talk down anyone for no reason. If someone were to say that Denmark is going to drop to Div IA, I would pop up and say they're wrong as well. And I do the same thing in every thread here - just trying to root out all the BS, while you're being a homer, that's all.

How many players were missing from your roster in the games against Latvia? 10, 15? How many European players were missing? 3, 4?

We were playing without 20 players, give or take. Only about 6-7 guys of that line-up would make the cut, if everyone was available. And note that until now I haven't said a single good thing about our team, we're in the mix in the relegation battle as well.

And, no, you don't have more depth. Denmark simply doesn't have as many pro players as Latvia or Norway. Denmark has more top-end, NHL-caliber players, but there's no depth to the Danish program. If you're missing a bunch of players, that only makes things worse for you guys.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about. I never talk down anyone for no reason. If someone were to say that Denmark is going to drop to Div IA, I would pop up and say they're wrong as well. And I do the same thing in every thread here - just trying to root out all the BS, while you're being a homer, that's all.

How many players were missing from your roster in the games against Latvia? 10, 15? How many European players were missing? 3, 4?

We were playing without 20 players, give or take. Only about 6-7 guys of that line-up would make the cut, if everyone was available. And note that until now I haven't said a single good thing about our team, we're in the mix in the relegation battle as well.

And, no, you don't have more depth. Denmark simply doesn't have as many pro players as Latvia or Norway. Denmark has more top-end, NHL-caliber players, but there's no depth to the Danish program. If you're missing a bunch of players, that only makes things worse for you guys.

I simply just love your logic namejs. I seem to remember you always being fierce in threads that dont follow your take on Latvia, and if another team that they compete with is talked good about, youll be sure to come in and "root" out all the bs :) Not subjective at all....

Ok buddy..

Im tired, spent to much time in the lounge today...

I never wrote Denmark has more depth, I said they are about equal. Maybe, with a slight edge to Latvia(And thats a big maybe), and Denmark/Norway being equal.

I dont see how Norway or even Latvia's depth is that much better at all :)
Ps am I a homer for saying I dont agree with what you write?

Denmark is a relegation team on a bad day yes, but Latvia and Norways depth is not all that much better. Especially if we talk about the quality depth, and not just number of pro players. That is not really relevant, since not all pro players in either country would have any business on the NT.

Besides they are exhibition games, they mean ****! And you know it :) And I think it was a few more than 4 from Europe.

Yes 20 players in all. Yet you only count the Danes in Europe:)

Let's agree to disagree buddy :nod:

Anyhow, best on best, Denmark are the better team on paper, and thats all that matters to me :D

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

Hmmm...is that fear I smell?

The Denmark roster was more incomplete than the Latvia roster, if the theoretical all-available lineup was going to play. They had Galbraith (backup goalie), Patrick Bjorkstrand (3rd line winger), Jesper B Jensen (1st line D-man) and Emil Kristensen (3rd line D-man). Storm would also be in the conversation for a 4th line winger spot but I would omit him. That's 4 players, one will never player barring injury, and only one is towards the top of the depth chart.
For Latvia, Cibuslskis, Galvins, Bukarts, Indrasis, Mustukovs, Meija, Sotnieks, Pavlovs, Dzerins. Now, not all of those would get the call, but they are the rotation for each other, omit Pavlovs and you might need a Saulietis (who played as well). Of course you could lean towards America and make the argument that Jevpalovs (58G,13P,-19) is better, and in the process you'd be leveling the AHL and the KHL...

Denmark is nice, there's another thread suggesting a World Cup spot be given to Denmark over say Slovakia or Switzerland and I had a lot of fun arguing that. As a general rule Denmark has crazy depth at forward and very little depth at defenseman. They're the fastest rising nation. They're young, so they'll be around for a while. A lot of established programs feel threatened.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

The Denmark roster was more incomplete than the Latvia roster, if the theoretical all-available lineup was going to play. They had Galbraith (backup goalie), Patrick Bjorkstrand (3rd line winger), Jesper B Jensen (1st line D-man) and Emil Kristensen (3rd line D-man). Storm would also be in the conversation for a 4th line winger spot but I would omit him. That's 4 players, one will never player barring injury, and only one is towards the top of the depth chart.
For Latvia, Cibuslskis, Galvins, Bukarts, Indrasis, Mustukovs, Meija, Sotnieks, Pavlovs, Dzerins. Now, not all of those would get the call, but they are the rotation for each other, omit Pavlovs and you might need a Saulietis (who played as well). Of course you could lean towards America and make the argument that Jevpalovs (58G,13P,-19) is better, and in the process you'd be leveling the AHL and the KHL...

Denmark is nice, there's another thread suggesting a World Cup spot be given to Denmark over say Slovakia or Switzerland and I had a lot of fun arguing that. As a general rule Denmark has crazy depth at forward and very little depth at defenseman. They're the fastest rising nation. They're young, so they'll be around for a while. A lot of established programs feel threatened.

Bingo! :handclap:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo

Now, this is some hardcore BS. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. :laugh:

Cibulskis, Bukarts, Meija and Mustukovs (lol) would make our A team, holy smokes. Mustukovs is our 6th best goalie, buddy.

You really haven't made your homework this time. I didn't even want to reply at first, but here it goes.

This is who we're missing atm:
Merzlikins
Masalskis
Gudlevskis
Punnenovs

Bartulis - Kulda
K. Redlihs - Rekis
J. Redlihs - Andersons
Pujacs

Daugavins - Girgensons - Darzins
Kenins - Vasiljevs - M. Redlihs
Karsums - Blugers - Dzierkals
Bukarts - Lipsbergs - Jevpalovs
Balcers, Sirokovs

About 7 or 8 of them would have to fight for a spot with other players, but the number actually making the team would be close to 20.

And that's omitting players like Sprukts, Cipulis, Jass, Berzins and a few others who need to improve their form before making the team again or players like Siksna, Rubins, Zile, who have joined or are going to join the training camp, but didn't make the Denmark trip. I'm also ignoring a bunch of junior players based in CHL or USHL, who could potentially make the team (for instance, Jaks already made the team a year or two ago, but is currently busy in North America) OR depth players that are busy in European play-offs or play-outs and who would've been invited to the training camp otherwise, but probably wouldn't make the cut anyway.

If you're going to tell me Denmark missed more players, I'm going to have to ask you to list every single one of them, because it's complete and absolute nonsense. :)

'Denmark has crazy depth at forward'. That sounds like a casual North American hockey fan seeing that there's a handful of Danish forwards playing in the NHL. That's not what 'depth' is. That's the tippy top of Danish hockey, the depth (3rd/4th line and beyond that) is below mediocre. That's what we're discussing here, as the current Danish roster does not have North Americans on it. So you have to play your imaginary 5th and 6th line and so on, which very often is the case in the World Champs.

Just for comparison: the current Danish roster has a bunch of domestic players, while one of the leading Denmark-league forwards Jekimovs (44 points this season) wasn't even invited to the Latvian training camp even though we were missing nearly full 4 lines for the Danish games.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
I do have a pretty intimate knowledge of Latvian hockey, so when some random foreigner appears and starts educating me I do tend to get fierce, yes. Not sure how that makes me 'subjective', though. Just as an example, if you'd paid a visit to the Sabres boards, you would see me 'talking down' Girgensons for the past 2-3 years, because of how stupid the hype around him had gotten. Same thing with Gudlevskis who's still considered an NHL-tier goalie by hordes of Latvian fans, which is absurd, etc.

That's not true either. There are nearly 200 Latvian pro hockey players, Denmark doesn't even have a half of that number. It's not even close. Actually, I'm not even sure if it's a 1/3 of that number. If a few defencemen are out, the quality of the Danish roster drops like a stone. The same thing applies to other nations with puny reserves - Slovenia (it's a miracle they're competitive at this level), Kazakhstan, etc. Denmark is progressing and they are on an upward trend, but they're still not close to Latvia.

Quality depth, that's a fascinating concept. I honestly don't think you've researched Danish hockey depth. Denmark literally has about 16 pro defencemen and a half of them are based in Denmark, which steps the border between minor pro and semi-pro level.

I'm eagerly waiting for you to prove that at any international competition, especially the Olympics. While we're on the subject, what's your all-time best finish in the Olympics during the 100 years of Danish hockey history?
First point is just a distraction, it's irrelevant. What people mean by quality depth is the strength of the top 30-40 available players, not total number of hockey players. The other 160 Latvians or 40 Danes are irrelevant. I've never seen a preliminary roster with 200 names on it and I doubt I will. Does having more players play a small factor? Sure, but then the skew is against countries who have less import restrictions in their local leagues. Unless by pro hockey players you mean exports, in which case Latvia would be up there with Finland because Latvia's poor local league causes talent to move abroad, so that metric would also be unfair.

Second point is very relevant, defensive depth will improve, but as is it's not where you'd want it to be.

They've been in the WC ever since 2002. First off I really don't like evaluating history before a certain point because while it happened, great memories, it's no longer relevant. Denmark has had problems recently like Germany because the effect of NA players being unable to participate in things like qualification tournaments has an unequal effect on teams. A team like Belarus or Kazakhstan will not be affected at all (oh woops, forgot Oleg Yevenko, Kirill Gotovets, my deepest apologies). France, Norway, and Latvia suffer minimal impact, Austria suffers decent impact and Denmark and Germany never get to see their best rosters. I remember a Germany-France game, the french fans were getting cocky on HF, and the German fans reminded them "you do ok in this little tournament against our depth team, if we had our best players it wouldn't be close." That's the significance of this upcoming Olympic qualification. If the NHL releases players we'll be able to see the small power duke it out with representative rosters.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
First point is just a distraction, it's irrelevant. What people mean by quality depth is the strength of the top 30-40 available players, not total number of hockey players. The other 160 Latvians or 40 Danes are irrelevant. I've never seen a preliminary roster with 200 names on it and I doubt I will. Does having more players play a small factor? Sure, but then the skew is against countries who have less import restrictions in their local leagues. Unless by pro hockey players you mean exports, in which case Latvia would be up there with Finland because Latvia's poor local league causes talent to move abroad, so that metric would also be unfair.
There are 2 essential factors that determine how good your hockey program is. 1) number of kids and players in your system, 2) the efficiency of your hockey pyramid.

The efficiency varies, but not by a lot. You can't get 1 out of 10 kids to become an NHL-tier player no matter how hard you try. It's always going to be <1%.

When the number of players in your system is smaller by a factor of 4 or 5, you're going to have less depth by definition, unless the bigger hockey nation is completely incompetent (some examples of that include Japan, which has thousands of hockey players, but little elite talent).

Which is exactly why the number of players and the number of pro players is not only not irrelevant, it's crucial, if you want to measure depth. Denmark is not even close to Latvia by any indicator of depth.

They've been in the WC ever since 2002. First off I really don't like evaluating history before a certain point because while it happened, great memories, it's no longer relevant. Denmark has had problems recently like Germany because the effect of NA players being unable to participate in things like qualification tournaments has an unequal effect on teams. A team like Belarus or Kazakhstan will not be affected at all (oh woops, forgot Oleg Yevenko, Kirill Gotovets, my deepest apologies). France, Norway, and Latvia suffer minimal impact, Austria suffers decent impact and Denmark and Germany never get to see their best rosters. I remember a Germany-France game, the french fans were getting cocky on HF, and the German fans reminded them "you do ok in this little tournament against our depth team, if we had our best players it wouldn't be close." That's the significance of this upcoming Olympic qualification. If the NHL releases players we'll be able to see the small power duke it out with representative rosters.
Not sure how any of this is relevant to the depth discussion. And Latvia suffers a lot more than Denmark, because a good deal of our European players refuse to play in the World Champs as well. All of our previous rosters are missing more players than Denmark for the past few years.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Now, this is some hardcore BS. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. :laugh:

Cibulskis, Bukarts, Meija and Mustukovs (lol) would make our A team, holy smokes. Mustukovs is our 6th best goalie, buddy.

You really haven't made your homework this time. I didn't even want to reply at first, but here it goes.

This is who we're missing atm:
Merzlikins
Masalskis
Gudlevskis
Punnenovs

Bartulis - Kulda
K. Redlihs - Rekis
J. Redlihs - Andersons
Pujacs

Daugavins - Girgensons - Darzins
Kenins - Vasiljevs - M. Redlihs
Karsums - Blugers - Dzierkals
Bukarts - Lipsbergs - Jevpalovs
Balcers, Sirokovs

About 7 or 8 of them would have to fight for a spot with other players, but the number actually making the team would be close to 20.

And that's omitting players like Sprukts, Cipulis, Jass, Berzins and a few others who need to improve their form before making the team again or players like Siksna, Rubins, Zile, who have joined or are going to join the training camp, but didn't make the Denmark trip. I'm also ignoring a bunch of junior players based in CHL or USHL, who could potentially make the team (for instance, Jaks already made the team a year or two ago, but is currently busy in North America) OR depth players that are busy in European play-offs or play-outs and who would've been invited to the training camp otherwise, but probably wouldn't make the cut anyway.

If you're going to tell me Denmark missed more players, I'm going to have to ask you to list every single one of them, because it's complete and absolute nonsense. :)

'Denmark has crazy depth at forward'. That sounds like a casual North American hockey fan seeing that there's a handful of Danish forwards playing in the NHL. That's not what 'depth' is. That's the tippy top of Danish hockey, the depth (3rd/4th line and beyond that) is below mediocre. That's what we're discussing here, as the current Danish roster does not have North Americans on it. So you have to play your imaginary 5th and 6th line and so on, which very often is the case in the World Champs.

Just for comparison: the current Danish roster has a bunch of domestic players, while one of the leading Denmark-league forwards Jekimovs (44 points this season) wasn't even invited to the Latvian training camp even though we were missing nearly full 4 lines for the Danish games.
Lol, now you're making stuff up just to prove a point. K. Redlihs is ancient, I'm not sure you've been watching Riga if you think he's better than Cibulskis, Galvins, or Sotnieks. Rekis? Get out of here, before he became a grandpa he was worse than all those guys. You're literally just throwing up names to try to make a point, and it's making you look really bad. Pujacs seriously? This isn't 2012 anymore, the old man is doing decent in the Slovak league which has the competitiveness of the Czech 2. Those 3 were obvious first names to the camp list, Jekabs Redlihs was never close to as good as any of them and especially not now. If the Latvian staff wanted Janis Andersons they could get him, you know why they don't? He kinda sucks, played all of two games last year's WC. What next? Ya'll are missing Sandis Ozolins too? Please stop the BS, you're usually right but you're making yourself look really bad right now. Anyone who feels like it, look up these players Namejs is claiming are Latvian 1st teamers. Since you didn't do your reading, Vasiljevs retired from the NT, but I guess since we're pulling any Latvian from the past 30 years then sure. Then it gets bad. Dzierkals? The boy has never played a game against men. He plays on the best team in the Q and he's the 4th best scorer there, he could play a few friendlies but the WC? Right, you're just trying to prove a point. Teodors Blugers? Oh right the one who can't score to save his life in the AHL(7G,0P,-2)...you have very selective NA bias. When it's a Danish NHLer he's only as good as a mediocre KHLer but suddenly a kid who can't do it in the AHL is better than proven KHL scorers? Rihards Bukarts the other one who's never played a pro game in his life is better than solidified KHL players? Don't give me CHL bs either they weren't that impressive in the CHL either, Bukarts never saw the draft. I've already addressed Jevpalovs, he's been sent down to the ECHL twice, but I guess if you have to prove a point you have to prove a point. Then it gets even more confusing. You're so KHL rah! KHL rah! I suggest a 16 point KHL scorer in Gints Meija makes the team and you come at me with Roberts Lipsbergs who has scored at .4 PPG in the ECHL!? Rudolfs Balcers plays in the Norwegian league. Nicolas Ritz for France is doing better in the same league and hasn't played for France at a sanctioned tourney in 2 years. Is Latvia now worse than France? And finally, Sirokovs the aging VHL forward? Top scorers in the VHL couldn't even represent Belarus and Kazakhstan. You're so eager to prove me wrong that you created a massive pile of BS. None of these players approach the level of players I mentioned, who are all solid KHL mainstays (except Bukarts who you called ready for first line action in the Latvian forum, 3rd party viewers see the Latvian forum to see what Namejs said in another context about Bukarts, it was praise back then), other than Mustukovs who is still getting invites I must remind you. It's really sad, you know so much about the Latvian team, but what you just wrote above was a real shame. You know as well as I do that the players you mentioned are not better than the players I mentioned. I'll ignore the thing about USHL players (really?) making the Latvian first team over KHLers, I just can't believe that it's coming from you and not someone with zero credibility.

Here is who Denmark is missing:
Frederick Anderson
Philip Larsen
Markus Lauridsen
Oliver Lauridsen
Stefan Lassen
Nikolaj Ehlers
Mikkel Boedkker
Frans Nielsen
Lars Eller
Jannik Hansen
Jesper Jensen
Nicklas Hardt
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nicklas Jensen
Mads Christensen

That is who they were missing. If you meant who will be at the WC though, about half a dozen of the above will probably not be at WC. I could totally add college players and CHL/USHL players to beef up the numbers for who they are missing but I won't.

I'm just sad that you went to such extreme measures to prove yourself right. If any Latvian came on this forum and read what you wrote they'd probably cry with tears mixed of laughter and sorrow. Adding juniors, grandpas in retirement leagues, terrible players in B and C leagues, you really didn't do any favors for your credibility today, and I would've rather been wrong than to see what you just wrote and know it was written by someone who should know better.

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
I guess if you're saying that one of those players, especially the younger ones could make the team as basically a charity case you're not wrong. But you cannot fundamentally say you are "missing" players who are worse than the ones you have. Tampa Bay if they lose to Detroit can say "we were missing Stamkos" because he is an upgrade. The New Jersey Devils cannot say "oh we sucked this year we were missing Ryan Rehill." A downgrade is not eligible for "missing" someone.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
We miss him when he's gone though lol

ImGoingNucks;116713583]I dunno man, he does this every year.

And he always misnderstands what one is writing, he becomes condescending and aggressive, and he somehow thinks that he knows more than anybody else.

he picks parts out of context, and somehow twist them to somethng he thinks they mean, and answers that.

The guy calls Burkarts a guy who didnt even have a ppg in the Dub as an overager ,a player who has done very well in the Dub.

He calls Jekimovs one of the leading scorers in the Danish league, when he is not even top 10 in the Danish league.

he forgets to mention that #2 on that list, a Dane probably wont even make the Danish roster.
He is just waaaay to biased and subjective for me to even consider taking him serious.
plus he does this every goddamn year with every team around Latvias level.

And then because he sometimes talks **** about Latvia, he thinks that makes up for him being biased.

Dude I AM THE ****talker when it comes to Denmark, still he manages to call me biased and himself objective and logical.

so not only does he spur bs and lies, he is rude while he does it.

Now, I cant stand rude people, they really get under my skin, on that reason alone I think I want to ignore him.

Also, it really seems like he has some reading comprehensions, because he has not read what I have written at ALL, with the answers he has been giving me.

lastly, he can keep to Latvias thread if he needs to, "root" out all the bs.
It is just way to arrogant a position to have, to think that he is some kind of hf police, who enters threads to tell people what is right and wrong, that in itself is biased and subjective.

The thing is, he has a surreal need to talk down other countries, and he doesnt mind doing these mental gymnastics, to get a point through :)

kudos, that you have the energy to answer back.

like I said, I spent allot of yesterday, trying to clean up the lounge, and that place is a MESS:laugh:

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Just a reminder:

This is a team Denmark thread, here mainly for the enjoyment of team Denmark fans. Constructive criticism is welcomed, aggressive bashing is not.

Thank you.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Gonna be interesting to see what kind of team Denmark can ice, all their NHLers except Frans Nielsen and Frederik Andersen are available right?

Mikkel Bödker - Lars Eller - Janik Hansen
Nikolaj Ehlers - - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Looks solid, Islanders might be knocked out in the first round right, so that might give them Nielsen. Two lines of NHL regulars, hell that might even be more than some top-6 nations in this tournament

Calling Bjorkstrand a regular when he has played 12 NHL games might be stretching it a bit :laugh: still though, his future looks promising. I hope that both Bødker and Eller will accept and been given the nod from their respective GM's. Could also be interesting to see if Nicklas Jensen could bring something new. He could be in play for a spot on the 4th line.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Also, it really pisses me off that Larsen has said no two years in a row now!

So:

on D:

Philip Larsen has opted out for the 2nd year in a row for no apparent reason - Danish coach is not happy!
Steffan Lassen who is a very good D for Denmark is questionable.
Marcus Lauridsen, Olivers younger brother is out with injury.

On O:

Nichlas Hardt has, like Larsen opted out, dont know the reason, but also pisses me off.

Come on.....Philip Larsen got injured the last game in the playoff series. I havent seen one article where he says he will not go if he is healthy. I havent seen any briefing from Karlsson either here he states that Larsen will not go.

Regarding Hardt, if you dont know the reason, why be such a ***** about it? :laugh: there could literally be a million legit reasons why Hardt has opted out, even personally reasons that he do not want to share with the rest of the world.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Come on.....Philip Larsen got injured the last game in the playoff series. I havent seen one article where he says he will not go if he is healthy. I havent seen any briefing from Karlsson either here he states that Larsen will not go.

Regarding Hardt, if you dont know the reason, why be such a ***** about it? :laugh: there could literally be a million legit reasons why Hardt has opted out, even personally reasons that he do not want to share with the rest of the world.

Bagge, you know me, im just a grumpy old ******* :laugh:

I like to ***** and whine:popcorn:

By now, you guys should just consider me the pissy old grandpa who always moans at family gatherings, but deep down you all still love him.

Back on topic, do you know if Meyer will get a look by janne?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Could also be interesting to see if Nicklas Jensen could bring something new. He could be in play for a spot on the 4th line.

Hard to believe that a former 1st round NHL-draft do not fit in a Danish roster. Many people would have laughed, including my self, if I made that statement 10 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad