WC: 2016 Team Denmark

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
ImGoingNucks;116713583]I dunno man, he does this every year.
Lol, I think half the people on HF, including myself, have a strong distaste for being told that we're wrong. He's usually got the facts which is why it's nice to have him. He's definitely caught me saying silly things before, we all have our lounge cleaning days.

Good news, Mads Larsen signed with IK Pantern. Allsvenskan is a great place for a young player to develop. Him and Morten Jensen, Matias Lassen represent a promising future of defensemen. Just curious actually, did any get invited to camp?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Lol, I think half the people on HF, including myself, have a strong distaste for being told that we're wrong. He's usually got the facts which is why it's nice to have him. He's definitely caught me saying silly things before, we all have our lounge cleaning days.

Good news, Mads Larsen signed with IK Pantern. Allsvenskan is a great place for a young player to develop. Him and Morten Jensen, Matias Lassen represent a promising future of defensemen. Just curious actually, did any get invited to camp?

Its all good man :)

Its over and done with, Namejs knows he's always welcome.

He also knows I am a grumpy ******* :laugh:

tbh, I havent followed allot of the Danes outside the big leagues this year, youll have to get an answer from Bagge, or Valdemar.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

Yes, Matias Lassen has been invited to camp, and while it is not unlikely he could stay, I would be surprised if he does. Also Nicolai Weichel (another 1997 born) has been invited to camp, and has done OK. He was even elected best danish player in the first game against Latvia!

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark
Regarding Hardt, if you dont know the reason, why be such a ***** about it? :laugh: there could literally be a million legit reasons why Hardt has opted out, even personally reasons that he do not want to share with the rest of the world.

Hardt had a child a few weeks (months) ago... That is why he dont wanna go. Fair enough:sarcasm:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Yes!

Dont much like Eller, but he is a helluva upgrade on C.

Whats not to like? Great 3rd line center that spends most of his icetime in his own zone defending. Skills that will be most usefull in a WCH where the opposition is most likely superior in most games.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Whats not to like? Great 3rd line center that spends most of his icetime in his own zone defending. Skills that will be most usefull in a WCH where the opposition is most likely superior in most games.

Thats a discussion for another day. :)

But yes, he will be good for Denmark:handclap: No doubt, just want to see hm pass more than he did in 2010 I think it was. he was a pure puck hogger back then.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Matias Lassen is in the camp as we speak as far as I know, but he will most likely be cut before the final roster. He might be a possibilty for the 7th defensespot. I think Morten Jensen needs a bit more seasoning before he is ready for the national team. Mads Larsen I dont know much about. I thought he was great in Malmö and for our U20 team last year and was disappointed that his contract was not extended/promoted to the senior level. Dont follow the Danish league that much, so not sure how he looks now.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Gonna be interesting to see if Boedker comes for Denmark. He's an UFA, so I think it's more likely than not that he elects not to accept an invite. Frans Nielsen is another guy who will be a FA but he seems like the type of player that would strongly consider going even before he gets a new contract. It's such a shame that contract status plays a major role in tournaments like this. I love this tournament and it's unfortunate that so many guys turn down invites cause they don't have their contracts resolved

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Gonna be interesting to see if Boedker comes for Denmark. He's an UFA, so I think it's more likely than not that he elects not to accept an invite. Frans Nielsen is another guy who will be a FA but he seems like the type of player that would strongly consider going even before he gets a new contract. It's such a shame that contract status plays a major role in tournaments like this. I love this tournament and it's unfortunate that so many guys turn down invites cause they don't have their contracts resolved

Regarding Nielsen, I am not sure contract negotiations will be a problem. The only thing that could be a problem is the risk of an injury. I fully expect Nielsen to sign a new team-friendly contract with Islanders after they exit the playoffs. If Islanders think it is time to part ways with Nielsen (which I dont expect) he will have no problems finding another team that wants to hire him. Bødker on the other hand is more open. I am not sure what Avs wants and can afford.

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
So how do u think the lineup is gonna look like, I'm hoping for something like this without being unrealistic:), that why Frans Nielsen, and Philip Larsen isn't in, even if Frans doesn't make to the second round he could be playing with a injury we never know:

Nikolaj Ehlers - Lars Eller - Jannik Hansen

Patrick Bjorkstrand - Mads Christensen - Mikkel Bødker

Frederik Storm - Morten Madsen - Mathias From

Mathias Bau/Morten Poulsen - Morten Green - Thomas Spelling

Mikkel Aagaard

Oliver Lauridsen - Daniel Nielsen

Jesper B Jensen - Markus Lauridsen

Stefan Lassen - Emil Kristensen

Matias Lassen/Mads Bødker

What do u guys Think could be a potential Lineup.

Last edited:

Danmark

May 5, 2014
Nikolaj Ehlers - Lars Eller - Jannik Hansen

Patrick Bjorkstrand - Mads Christensen - Mikkel Bødker

Frederik Storm - Morten Madsen - Thomas Spelling

Morten Poulsen - Morten Green - Patrick Russell

Mikkel Aagaard/Bau Hansen

-----------------------------------------

Jesper B Jensen - Markus Lauridsen

Matias Lassen

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Provided Ducks make it to second round, who is likely to be our (wait, your!) #1 goalie?

It will most likely be Sebastian Dahm, Graz 99ers (AUT). He was really good at last years WC, and it seems like he has had a great season in Austria.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
25. players

Sebastian Dahm
Patrick Galbraith
George Sorensen

Jesper B.Jensen - Markus Lauridsen
Mads Bodker - Matias Lassen

Mikkel Bödker - Lars Eller - Janik Hansen
Nikolaj Ehlers - Mads Christensen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Morten Green - Kirill Starkov - Morten H.Poulsen
Mathias Bau Hausen, Thomas Spelling

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
25. players

Sebastian Dahm
Patrick Galbraith
George Sorensen

Id swap Ehlers with Boedker.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
25. players

Sebastian Dahm
Patrick Galbraith
George Sorensen

Not sure what Matias From is doing in third line. He shouldnt even be on the team yet imo. Røgle was hit hard with injuries and that is probably why he got used so much in SHL this season. I dont think he is ready for the national team yet.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Not sure what Matias From is doing in third line. He shouldnt even be on the team yet imo. Røgle was hit hard with injuries and that is probably why he got used so much in SHL this season. I dont think he is ready for the national team yet.

Agreed :)

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark

I thought the same until the Latvian games, where he impressed me again with 3p in 2g and he looked good in the game on tv, better than expected without the puck and physically solid, I think matched with two experienced and defensively solid players, he could be very dangerous on the counter attack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad