OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Arcade Fire as a headliner would be great. Saw them each of the last two times they were in town. Great shows.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Does Sia actually do anything 'live' or is it all mixed to the point it'd sound like the studio recordings?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sia is very talented at singing, but her songwriting is not great. Which is why her best stuff seems to be in collaboration with others.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah I'm not sure.. LOL.

She seemed good on SNL and the likes.

Seems like she would be good in an outdoor festival setting.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Doesn't Sia have wicked stage fright? Like she sings with her back to the audience or with a wig that covers her face?

Not sure if it's stage fright or not, but she only started doing it when she became really popular.

this is from an interview

"I'm trying to have some control over my image. And I'm allowed to maintain some modicum of privacy. But also I would like not to be picked apart or for people to observe when I put on ten pounds or take off ten pounds or I have a hair extension out of place or my fake tan is botched. Most people don't have to be under that pressure, and I'd like to be one of them"

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Not sure if it's stage fright or not, but she only started doing it when she became really popular.

this is from an interview

"I'm trying to have some control over my image. And I'm allowed to maintain some modicum of privacy. But also I would like not to be picked apart or for people to observe when I put on ten pounds or take off ten pounds or I have a hair extension out of place or my fake tan is botched. Most people don't have to be under that pressure, and I'd like to be one of them"

Certainly would be a strange performance, one would think it likely would have been a good idea to simply continue to write songs for other's like she was doing before....seems a little like i want all the positives of being famous and none of the negatives. Hope BF has a few acts im interested in this year, looking forward to the leak/reveal

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Some confirmed names starting to come out:

The Decemberists
Future
Sam Hunt
Brandi Carlile
Madeon

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've never been a fan, just don't really get the appeal. Plus they expect their fans to dress a certain way or some bs.
Meh
Blues fest usually sucks, last year had gaslight at least.

When I heard that Arcade Fire had a dress code for their shows I lost it.

I can't believe I was so in love with their first album back in the day. What a bunch of pretentious jackasses.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
When I heard that Arcade Fire had a dress code for their shows I lost it.

I can't believe I was so in love with their first album back in the day. What a bunch of pretentious jackasses.

They didn't have a dress code. They just encouraged people to dress up for their Reflektor tour. Not just formal but wear crazy costumes and stuff. I went to 3 of their shows on that tour, it really made for an awesome atmosphere.

Funeral is definitely one of the best albums of the past 30 or 40 years.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
They didn't have a dress code. They just encouraged people to dress up for their Reflektor tour. Not just formal but wear crazy costumes and stuff. I went to 3 of their shows on that tour, it really made for an awesome atmosphere.

Funeral is definitely one of the best albums of the past 30 or 40 years.

Exactly. It's just like that stupid **** about us not letting in Leaf fans to the Corel Centre 12 years ago. Stuff snowballs until people hear what they want to hear despite it being total nonsense.

I was at one of those "dress code" shows. It was simply a call for fans to dress up as a way of doing something different and changing the atmosphere of the concert. Which it did. I had a lot of fun, and it looked like the band did too. They weren't turning people away at the door, and in no way was the arena hostile to fans who didn't feel like participating. It was just their way of offering a unique experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad