OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I don't think they cut it they just have not named the acts yet for that day.

I heard Monahan on TSN 1200 say he doesnt have anything else up his sleeve or any pending announcements. Weird. He didnt say anything about cutting a day either though. They added Kanye a few weeks after unveiling the line up last year so I guess they could do it again, for sure.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I heard Monahan on TSN 1200 say he doesnt have anything else up his sleeve or any pending announcements. Weird. He didnt say anything about cutting a day either though. They added Kanye a few weeks after unveiling the line up last year so I guess they could do it again, for sure.

They still have something like 20-25% acts to announce and even if you look at there site now they say many more to come.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So, uh, speaking of rumored acts for Bluesfest, they announced the full lineup

Days I would bother going to see shows:

July 10 - John Fogerty, Yukon Blonde, Madeon.
July 16 - Duran Duran, Wolf Parade, Holy F**K (I wish The Decemberists were playing this day, instead of on the Brad Paisley night, that's a stupid decision IMO).

... that is all. Dallas Green is great, but I wouldn't want to pay Bluesfest prices to see just him, as I dislike the other acts on that night.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Skrillex and his Full Flex Express was on its own night last year. Maybe that's the plan for the Tuesday of this year? If not him and his crew again, maybe a full on EDM or some other theme type night?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Decemberists and Half Moon run on The 13th looks like a day I will go. I wish anyone but Noel Gallagher was playing the night Tallest Man on Earth was playing. I hate that man with a passion but Coeur de Pirate and Ben Harper play too. I'll consider RHCP. Same with Billy Idol since PB&J are playing as well as David Gogo on July 7.

I'd like to see Future and Wolf Parade but they'll be at way home, so I'll skip that night and go later that month.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Lindsey Stirling could be interesting, and AWOLNATION - how are they on a live show?

I find the lineup mix is such that each night there's maybe one act or two that might get me interested.

Brad Paisley is fun as far as country acts go.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I saw RHCP live at SBP once during their Stadium Arcadium tour. Can't say I was really all that impressed, though I do like their albums.

Problem was, you weren’t :cheers: enough! :laugh:

Ya, I’ve heard that too about them. Hopefully an outside event will be great!

If you like CCR music, Forgerty was awesome last time he came to Bluesfest!!! :yo:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not sure if I'm out of touch, or if the Bluesfest lineup just sucks. I'm usually one to defend Bluesfest, but I can't see myself going this year. There's a few good acts, but they're all spread out. Likely going to save my money for Way Home or Osheaga.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I'm not sure if I'm out of touch, or if the Bluesfest lineup just sucks. I'm usually one to defend Bluesfest, but I can't see myself going this year. There's a few good acts, but they're all spread out. Likely going to save my money for Way Home or Osheaga.

Its one of the strongest line ups they have had.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Days I would bother going to see shows:

July 10 - John Fogerty, Yukon Blonde, Madeon.
July 16 - Duran Duran, Wolf Parade, Holy F**K (I wish The Decemberists were playing this day, instead of on the Brad Paisley night, that's a stupid decision IMO).

We have exactly the same taste in music. I'll probably hit both of those too

... that is all. Dallas Green is great, but I wouldn't want to pay Bluesfest prices to see just him, as I dislike the other acts on that night.

I saw RHCP live at SBP once during their Stadium Arcadium tour. Can't say I was really all that impressed, though I do like their albums.

Yeah I think people are going to be really surprised by how badly Kiedis sings now.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I worked their most recent show at SBP in 2012... I think it was the "I'm With You" tour? I remember Scissor Sisters opened for them.

They were, at best, not awful. They might have been a great touring band when they were all in their 20's, but those days are long past them.

Scissor Sisters were... umm... "interesting". I'm sure some people enjoy them. I am not those people. Modern electro-glam is not my bag.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Its one of the strongest line ups they have had.

What in the world makes this a strong lineup?

The problem is there's so many festivals now that they're all getting watered down. Even Osheaga isn't that good.

This lineup is too diverse. Rap/hip hop, country, rock fans don't have more than 2 nights that would really intrigue them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad