OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Re Garth Brooks, would'nt be surprised if one or two extra shows are added, once the first sells out in 2 mins. April 3rd and 4 there is nothing on at CTC, Brooks is playing 5 shows in Hamilton, and in most of the cities he is playing more than one show, some cities he is doing 2 shows the same day

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Radiohead will tour North American festivals starting July, good chance of them being at one of Bluesfest, Osheaga or Wayhome.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Re Garth Brooks, would'nt be surprised if one or two extra shows are added, once the first sells out in 2 mins. April 3rd and 4 there is nothing on at CTC, Brooks is playing 5 shows in Hamilton, and in most of the cities he is playing more than one show, some cities he is doing 2 shows the same day

5 shows in Hamilton? I think we can officially say that Hamilton is the trashiest city in Canada. Congratulations, Hamilton.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
so im in the tickets thing for Garth, but it is painfully slow, and they dont let you choose your seat area, ugh

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I managed to get Garth tickets but it was frustrating how you couldn't pick seats or days. Whatever showed up, that's what you get.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I managed to get Garth tickets but it was frustrating how you couldn't pick seats or days. Whatever showed up, that's what you get.

You could pick the day (you chose the day in the first splash screen), it "picked the best seats" for you though

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Ditto. The entire country music genre is white noise to me, much to the disappointment of my CMA-watching better half...

I use to feel the same way, but there is some awesome country music and country influenced music....Neil Young, Ryan Adams, Wilco, Gram Parsons, The Eagles....

No idea what your musical tastes are, but give Shooter Jennings (Waylon Jennings son) or Ryan Bingham a whirl

As for Garth Brooks...I'm not a huge pop country fan, but like his stuff. He was HUGE in the 1990s.

One of his bigger songs, and a great drinking song:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I saw Pearl Jam in Ottawa a couple years ago, they put on a great show as always.

Garth Brooks is to country what the Beatles were to rock, he completely changed the genre and redefined it (for better or for worst). Any country whatsoever on the radio nowadays is directly influenced by him.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I use to feel the same way, but there is some awesome country music and country influenced music....Neil Young, Ryan Adams, Wilco, Gram Parsons, The Eagles....

No idea what your musical tastes are, but give Shooter Jennings (Waylon Jennings son) or Ryan Bingham a whirl

Love music recommendations! I'm already a huge fan of Neil, Ryan Adams (including his homage to 1989), and Wilco... love, love, love Wilco. They were great at City Folk and even better many moons ago at the NAC.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I'm more excited about pearl jam tbh.

CTC insider sale goes tomorrow i had heard, any idea what time?

Gotta get my hands on some tics, to date the 2005 show followed by the 2011 show are the best concerts i have seen to date.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
CTC insider sale goes tomorrow i had heard, any idea what time?

Gotta get my hands on some tics, to date the 2005 show followed by the 2011 show are the best concerts i have seen to date.

Usually ticket go on sale sale at 10 in the morning.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I got tickets today when they went on at noon (ended up being section 324)... was trying to find an insider promo code but had no luck.
No idea why I don't get the emails since I've got tickets from CTC before and actually have that box checked to say 'send me emails!!!'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad