Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fifty-shades-grey.jpg

Same artist. New clue.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Looks like Bluesfest lineup is coming on February 23.

Ouch, they're gonna announce the same day as Osheaga. I'm prepared for massive disappointment, especially if awolnation or our lady peace are supposed to be a big acts for this thing.

I expect wall to wall country music and washed up Canadian bands from the 80s, 90's and early 00s.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
OLP, bleh.

Put out one half-decent album ever (Naveed, which half of the songs on that album are actually really good, and the other half are just sorta meh), and then a bunch of terrible albums and an entire career based on helping fill the required Can-Con content laws for radio.

I am not a fan.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Ouch, they're gonna announce the same day as Osheaga. I'm prepared for massive disappointment, especially if awolnation or our lady peace are supposed to be a big acts for this thing.

I expect wall to wall country music and washed up Canadian bands from the 80s, 90's and early 00s.

The last time I went was 2014; saw Gogol Bordello, Blondie (lol) and the Violent Femmes.

But yeah so much country garbage these days. Kind of dissapointing.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
To be fair, country these days is about as close to blues as you get in mainstream music.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
They do get a few good acts (from last year I remember Purity Ring, Chance, Chvrches, RTJ, a few others), but you have to dig through piles of pop country and radio-friendly, cheap to book Canadian content to get to it. Hard to believe people are excited for the likes of OLP, Barenaked Ladies, Marianas Trench, etc., but they will be there, and people will show up to watch them.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I'm expecting to find 4 or 5 nights I'll be interested in going, as usual.

Not expecting the mega bucks acts like Lady Gaga or Kanye West of the last two years.

****** dollar is definitely going to hurt the lineup.

The weak $$ will hurt some small festivals for the most part but with that said the new festival in Kemptville the low $$ does not seem to have hurt it with that said the low buck won't have much of a impact on the big festivals.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
They do get a few good acts (from last year I remember Purity Ring, Chance, Chvrches, RTJ, a few others), but you have to dig through piles of pop country and radio-friendly, cheap to book Canadian content to get to it. Hard to believe people are excited for the likes of OLP, Barenaked Ladies, Marianas Trench, etc., but they will be there, and people will show up to watch them.

I would gladly go to days headlined by those two... well, BNL if Steven Page was there.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Today's clues suggest Cashmere Cat, pretty good get for the fest.

littleD

They choose strange artists to tease the lineup. Why not tease your bigger names to try and get people a touch more excited?

Unless OLP and Cashmere Cat (and whoever today's tease is) are the biggest names on the lineup. Which, probably wouldn't be a good thing.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Why do I get the feeling bluesfest will stink like hot garbage again this year. A festival of the same old crap or washed up bands. :shakehead

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Why do I get the feeling bluesfest will stink like hot garbage again this year. A festival of the same old crap or washed up bands. :shakehead

I don't think you can say in the past they have had washed up bands as for stinking like hot garbage i guess thats why there seen as one of the top festivals in the country.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bluesfest is better off shortening the festival up by a few days to avoid having to fill slots with meh bands and diluting their product. I also have low expectations for this year.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Let me guess some of the bands for 2016. Skrillex,The Hip,Blue Rodeo,Great Big Sea,etc........:facepalm: add some gems like Hewey Lewis and the News or Barenaked ladies, Tegan and Sarah for the kids and just rotate the same old bands every few years. Same old boring bluesfest. Lol....

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Let me guess some of the bands for 2016. Skrillex,The Hip,Blue Rodeo,Great Big Sea,etc........:facepalm: add some gems like Hewey Lewis and the News or Barenaked ladies, Tegan and Sarah for the kids and just rotate the same old bands every few years. Same old boring bluesfest. Lol....
Bring back Run The Jewels? :yo:

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

The only thing I like about Bluesfest is the country acts. They've been doing really well the last few years. Hopefully they keep it up this year.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Looking like Arcade Fire is going to be a headliner.

Not a big selling point for me, but I hear a lot of people like them. :laugh:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

YUS. This changes everythin for me.

I wonder if they're gonna be releasing new music? Seems like they're gonna be playing lots of shows this summer.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Not bad, saw them last time they came and they were good. Would see again, but hoping for some other names before I buy a full pass or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad