OT: 2016 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've seen RHCP live on two occasions.

Once when Queens of the Stone Age opened.

I forget who opened the second time.

I was pleasantly surprised by the vocals after all of the horror stories I'd heard.

Both ended up being good shows.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Rockfest line up so far

Nofx
Cookie The Clown
Cannibal Corpse
Vulgaires Machins
Bring Me The Horizon

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I've seen RHCP live on two occasions.

Once when Queens of the Stone Age opened.

I forget who opened the second time.

I was pleasantly surprised by the vocals after all of the horror stories I'd heard.

Both ended up being good shows.

I was at the show with Queens of the Stone Age, Mars Volta also opened. I thought it was a great show. RHCP are a great band to see live, lots of solid tunes, long career. Not many rock bands from that era or since that stack up aside from the Pearl Jams, etc.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was at the show with Queens of the Stone Age, Mars Volta also opened. I thought it was a great show. RHCP are a great band to see live, lots of solid tunes, long career. Not many rock bands from that era or since that stack up aside from the Pearl Jams, etc.

Right, The Mars Volta. I'd forgotten.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Say Bluesfest tell someone on twitter that there will be no shows on either the Monday or the Tuesday. So they did in fact cut a day this year.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Rumours flying about GnR in Ottawa mid-July.

Zero interest.

ChineseDemocracy.png

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Saw the Axl show in 2008 I think it was. I was actually very surprised, he was very good that night.

I would definitely go again. Especially if Slash is there too.

If they just played Appetite from top to bottom, I'd be happy.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Saw the Axl show in 2008 I think it was. I was actually very surprised, he was very good that night.

I would definitely go again. Especially if Slash is there too.

If they just played Appetite from top to bottom, I'd be happy.

Just an assumption but it seems like he's the type of guy that probably doesn't like to play his old/good stuff.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Axl is such an *******. If you want to see him be 3 hours late to perform, he's your guy.

Yeah he's done that in that past. It's always a risk when seeing him but I've seen him twice and both times he came on at the scheduled time.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Yeah he's done that in that past. It's always a risk when seeing him but I've seen him twice and both times he came on at the scheduled time.

Yeah I was working there when he came on at like 11 or something. Got home at like 4 am lol. The excuses he was giving for not going on on time were hilarious.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah I was working there when he came on at like 11 or something. Got home at like 4 am lol. The excuses he was giving for not going on on time were hilarious.

Was that the show when Sebastian Bach opened for him?

If so, he was scheduled to go on at that time. He wasn't late.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

I'm not sure but the one I was working he was definitely late. The opening act had to come back out. The fans were just sitting in the concourse waiting.

First he said he needed a massage, then it was I have a cold so I'll need some popcorn. Great excuses lol

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I'm not sure but the one I was working he was definitely late. The opening act had to come back out. The fans were just sitting in the concourse waiting.

First he said he needed a massage, then it was I have a cold so I'll need some popcorn. Great excuses lol

Ah ok , yeah not the same show.

But yeah he is an odd fellow, it's too bad, because he's definitely got real talent.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Honestly Myles Kennedy plus Slash interests me way more than an Axl-led GnR these days.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

I think that was also the show where someone dressed up as Slash in the crowd, Axl had them thrown out, and then didn't come onstage to sing Don't Cry so the band had to do an instrumental version.

It was still a great show despite the Axl-isms! I would go see an Axl / Slash GnR lineup, I'm sure with Slash around they'd avoid a lot of the Chinese Democracy stuff :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00