2016 OHL draft (part 2)

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Played for the rapidly growing Red Bull Salzburg program in Austria this year that is being run by former NHLer Brian Savage

He played against competition this year that was likely better than what he faced had he played Minor Midget in Ontario this year. If he can skate with that size, he'll be a hell of a player

Seen Lavallee when he visited Ottawa/Gatineau area before Christmas, needs to improve a lot to play at OHL level.

SpitsOHL89

Dec 8, 2009
Windsor
Lalonde is our 6th ranked overall prospect at TheScout.ca and the second ranked defenceman behind Merkley. Right there with Merkley as the smartest two players in the Draft in our opinion.

We did a poll (among our team) and Lalonde was 2nd in Best Defensive Defenceman, 4th in Best Offensive Defenceman, and 2nd in Smartest Player. That is who you would be getting Wolves fans, one of the most complete, smartest and efficient players in the Draft.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Lalonde is our 6th ranked overall prospect at TheScout.ca and the second ranked defenceman behind Merkley. Right there with Merkley as the smartest two players in the Draft in our opinion.

We did a poll (among our team) and Lalonde was 2nd in Best Defensive Defenceman, 4th in Best Offensive Defenceman, and 2nd in Smartest Player. That is who you would be getting Wolves fans, one of the most complete, smartest and efficient players in the Draft.

I really like Bahl, over these two, I feel down the road he has more upside with size and skills, and will be the stronger D over the two.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013

Mr. Sykes, in your opinion who would the Wolves benefit more with, the second best rated D or the first rated forward going forward. Assuming both a forward and a D are both in high demand by the Wolves. In your opinion, drafting late in the second round are there more high end D available or forwards? Looking forward to your opinion.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Agree 100%! Please no Trump! My wife and I would move to Canada as well. Good luck to all the prospects tomorrow!

Not that we would not love to have you here but Mexico is warmer and they would have a wall to keep Trump out:laugh: Good luck in the draft in Flint.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Not that we would not love to have you here but Mexico is warmer and they would have a wall to keep Trump out:laugh: Good luck in the draft in Flint.

At least if TcFlint moved to Mexico he's well versed with "not drinking the water"! ;)

SpitsOHL89

Dec 8, 2009
Windsor
Mr. Sykes, in your opinion who would the Wolves benefit more with, the second best rated D or the first rated forward going forward. Assuming both a forward and a D are both in high demand by the Wolves. In your opinion, drafting late in the second round are there more high end D available or forwards? Looking forward to your opinion.

If I'm the Wolves I take the D Lalonde. If it was 100% that Nizhnikov was playing in the league than it might be a different story, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Wolves are in need of a d-man in my opinion and Lalonde will give them something they lack. A guy who is excellent on both sides of the puck, an elite passer of the puck, and a PP QB who can score from the point. They have a lot of young forwards and the expectations should be that they take a step.

More forwards available in the second round than defencemen for sure. Don't know if you'll consider them "high end" but definitely some really good players that would have also been worthy first-round picks. A lot of smaller, skillful forwards will be available.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's what the wolves have lots of; smaller, skilled & LH forwards

MJFAN

Sep 17, 2015
IMO Lavalle

Since 11 year old people have been saying needs to improve skating and maybe he gets better overall as he gets use to gigantic size and stops growing. Just don't think that is ever going to really happen and will be a mid round project for some team

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

Love the warmth bobber but my wife and I have always been partial to Canada. We honeymooned in Montreal and Toronto 14 years ago, my father was French Canadian in nationality, and my wife speaks french. Americans, particularly those of us in the border states absolutely love Canada with or hopefully without Trump! Thank you for the well wishes in the draft. I am afraid we are going to need it.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
IMO Lavalle

Since 11 year old people have been saying needs to improve skating and maybe he gets better overall as he gets use to gigantic size and stops growing. Just don't think that is ever going to really happen and will be a mid round project for some team

Lavalee looked like a potential #1 at 10, 11, 12. Mid round, as in 4 or 5? I'd take that with out blinking.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Anyone care to comment on Barrett Hayton?

I like the kid, but I like a lot of them. Hope the Hounds can draft him.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Still lots of unknowns but this is my best guess at how the chips fall. Backend of the 1st harder at this point because of some unknowns.

Guelph (BPA) - D Ryan Merkley
Sudbury (BPA/D) - D Owen Lalonde
Hamilton (BPA/F) - C Connor Roberts but Aidan Dudas a real possibility too.
Saginaw (BPA/F) - The real wild card at the moment. Hear they could make a big move and select a highend player that people don't expect them to. I will go with Giovanni Vallati for now but keep a watch.
Flint (BPA/D) - C Ty Dellandrea
Oshawa (F) - LW Danil Antropov
Mississauga (F) - LW Kirill Nizhnikov
Peterborough (F) - RW Pavel Gogolev (Aidan Dudas maybe/Hayton too)
Sault Ste. Marie (F) - C Barrett Hayton
Owen Sound (F) - C Cameron Hillis (Dudas maybe)
Ottawa (D) - D Peter Stratis
Niagara (D) - D Declan Chisholm
North Bay (F) - C Hunter Holmes
Barrie (D) - C Aidan Dudas
Sarnia (F) - C Liam Foudy
Kitchener (D) - C Allan McShane
Kingston (F) - C Nathan Dunkley
London (F) - C Eric Guest
Erie (F) - C Riley Damiani
Barrie (F) - D Carter Robertson

I'd be shocked to see Dudas that low but after Stratis, it's been quiet so we will see. Holmes fits NB's drafting style (rangy forwards)

Should be a fun day

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Still lots of unknowns but this is my best guess at how the chips fall. Backend of the 1st harder at this point because of some unknowns.

Saginaw (BPA/F) - The real wild card at the moment. Hear they could make a big move and select a highend player that people don't expect them to. I will go with Giovanni Vallati for now but keep a watch.

I'd be shocked to see Dudas that low but after Stratis, it's been quiet so we will see. Holmes fits NB's drafting style (rangy forwards)

Should be a fun day

Can't see the Petes passing on hometown boy Hayton for Gogolev

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Can't see the Petes passing on hometown boy Hayton for Gogolev

Hayton is definitely a possibility (and a good one) but the latest I heard was that they are considering Gogolev maybe. Obviously nothing is for sure.

NineteenSixtyFive

Mar 7, 2016

Should be a fun day

8 (and a half for Owen Sound) out of 10. :handclap:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Should be a fun day

You were pretty damn close lol.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint's 5th pick, Center Ty Dellandrea was interviewed by the OHL network in his Flint Firebird jersey and hat and gave every indication he planned on reporting to Flint which is a big relief. Also, very impressed with their selectons of C Hunter Holmes, D Jack Busby, RW Jack Wismer, and LW Ryan Littlejohn. Great size to these 5 picks. All within the first 48 picks.

‏OntarioHockeyLeague ‎@OHLHockey
"It's an honor to be drafted by the @FlintFirebirds"

@tydellandrea - 5th overall pick.
--------------------------------------------------------------

darryl knight ‏@darrylknight 33m33 minutes ago
Spoke to @tydellandrea on @FlintFirebirds: "#Flint has the most loyal fans in hockey, and I'm excited to help bring them a championship"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3