Kjr- uba
Elginmiddlesex- Murray
Ham huskies- seguin
Huron Perth- gilhula
B99ers- Otto
Ckc- ross
Lambton-macdonald

Agree or disagree on any?

You missed a few teams, and you've got a couple wrong.
First, I think you need to separate forwards from D.
I believe this is a much more accurate list:

London - F: Guest D: Walker
Windsor - F: Silverio D: Lalonde
Waterloo - F: Hoelscher D: McBay
Kitchener - F: Uba D: no real standout so another F: Bignell
Elgin - F: Murray D: Lapointe
Hamilton - F: Seguin D: no real standout so another F: Taylor
Huron Perth - F: Gilhula D: Gibb
Brantford - F: Fox D: Wale
Chatham - F: Spence D: Thoms
Sun County - F: Nimmo D: Jacques
Cambridge - F: Chard D: no real standout
Lambton - F: Ferrera D: Core

agree?

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
Might see some sort of Flint news soon. I expect the owner to remain the same and you might see a well known name added to the upper management. I've spoken to enough agents to know that the bulk players still won't want to report though.

As for Flint picks, they say they will take best player available. I'd pass on Nihz if I were them. FWIW, Heard Popov is saying no as well.

Hamilton - still hear Vallati and Dudas name as well. "Going after high end skill" fits Dudas for sure.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
Come on down Mr Bassin!

Sherry told a group of fans to expect big news from him a couple of weeks ago
to a person we all thought it would have something to do with Flint
we knew he could not stay away from the sport for long ...

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/j...ntering-ohl-priority-selection-175036127.html

Regarding Nizhnikov:

"Ferris says the 6-foot-1, 181-pound forward is likely headed back to his native Russia for next season.

“We're talking to a team that's a men's league team, so it's at a higher level (than major junior),†said Ferris. “It's not (the) KHL, but it's right below the KHL.â€

I hadn't seen this reported anywhere on here. Is this just smoke and mirrors to avoid certain teams?

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Hopefully, Christenson is doing his due diligence and talking to agents and players to see who will report. We cannot continue trading top picks if we want to leave the cellar of the West Divsion. This might mean not necessarily taking the best available player at 3 and 5. With some players saying they will not report, the verdict is still out if picking McLeod last season was wise or not. Christenson needs to be smart.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015

From the article...

...Another agent told Yahoo that until the ownership situation in Flint is resolved, he wouldn’t be allowing any of his clients to sign with the OHL club.

“The league is either going to decide to operate (the Firebirds) indefinitely, which I don’t think that they can,†the agent said. “That will create problems with the owners. Or they need to bring in the proper people or the owner does to run the organization in a professional way.

“If that’s not happening, we can’t put our clients at risk in a situation like that. Until that changes, that one team out of the 20 in the league is a franchise that everybody will likely try to steer clear of.â€

Dammit.....:(

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
I feel bad for the current management staff, coaches and players in Flint.

Losing that 1st rounder hurts the players the most as they'll be losing a high end player for their future. And none of what is happening is their fault.

Dont agree with the decision in regards to that at all.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
Come on down Mr Bassin!

Shocking! ;)

All this talk bodes well for Missy to end up with one of Roberts, Nihz or Hayton.

Or maybe not. ;)

Sherry told a group of fans to expect big news from him a couple of weeks ago
to a person we all thought it would have something to do with Flint
we knew he could not stay away from the sport for long ...

Saw him recently, will be a happy camper being back in the OHL.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
I feel bad for the current management staff, coaches and players in Flint.

Losing that 1st rounder hurts the players the most as they'll be losing a high end player for their future. And none of what is happening is their fault.

Dont agree with the decision in regards to that at all.

I'm guessing the choice was made to save an incoming player.

BaraccoliObama

Feb 22, 2016
Kitchener, ON
With the new sanctions against Flint that means their 5th pick becomes a 4th right? I think the compensatory pick rules are that you pick after all the non-playoff teams have. I don't think Saginaw would jump to 4th, that doesn't make sense.

New draft order:

1. Guelph
  2. Sudbury
  3. Hamilton
  4. Saginaw
  5. Flint
  6. Oshawa
  7. Mississauga
  8. Peterborough
  9. Sault Ste. Marie
  10. Owen Sound
  11. Ottawa
  12. Niagara
  13. North Bay
  14. Barrie
  15. Sarnia
  16. Kitchener
  17. Kingston
  18. London
  19. Erie
  20. Barrie

Barrie's second first round pick should stay at 20th regardless of Flint losing the 3rd pick because of compensatory rules (pick one place later the following year, took Tortora with the 19th pick in 2015).

Also, link to previous thread here. Torts didn't include it in the first post :dunno:

Last edited:

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
With the new sanctions against Flint that means their 5th pick becomes a 4th right? I think the compensatory pick rules are that you pick after all the non-playoff teams have. I don't think Saginaw would jump to 4th, that doesn't make sense.

New draft order:

1. Guelph
  2. Sudbury
  3. Hamilton
  4. Flint
  5. Saginaw
  6. Oshawa
  7. Mississauga
  8. Peterborough
  9. Sault Ste. Marie
  10. Owen Sound
  11. Ottawa
  12. Niagara
  13. North Bay
  14. Barrie
  15. Sarnia
  16. Kitchener
  17. Kingston
  18. London
  19. Erie
  20. Barrie

Barrie's second first round pick should stay at 20th regardless of Flint losing the 3rd pick because of compensatory rules (pick one place later the following year, took Tortora with the 19th pick in 2015).

Also, link to previous thread here. Torts didn't include it in the first post :dunno:

I thought a compensatory couldn't be higher than 5th?

BaraccoliObama

Feb 22, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I thought a compensatory couldn't be higher than 5th?

So this is where I got confused. 5th is the upper limit for the compensatory pick, but non-playoff teams pick before playoff teams do...but Flint lost their "non-playoff" pick and only have their compensatory one remaining. So does that mean that Saginaw jumps to 4th and Flint stays 5th?

Rereading what I just wrote out it seems like Flint would be 5th and Saginaw 4th, but I'm not entirely sure what actually does happen.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So this is where I got confused. 5th is the upper limit for the compensatory pick, but non-playoff teams pick before playoff teams do...but Flint lost their "non-playoff" pick and only have their compensatory one remaining. So does that mean that Saginaw jumps to 4th and Flint stays 5th?

Rereading what I just wrote out it seems like Flint would be 5th and Saginaw 4th, but I'm not entirely sure what actually does happen.

Flints comp pick is 5th. The max it can be. They lose 3rd overall, everyone else bumped up including the comp pick I believe.

1. Guelph
2. Sudbury
3. Hamilton
4. Flint
5. Saginaw
6. Oshawa
7. Missy
8. Petes

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

New draft order:

1. Guelph
  2. Sudbury
  3. Hamilton
  4. Saginaw
  5. Flint
  6. Oshawa
  7. Mississauga
  8. Peterborough
  9. Sault Ste. Marie
  10. Owen Sound
  11. Ottawa
  12. Niagara
  13. North Bay
  14. Barrie
  15. Sarnia
  16. Kitchener
  17. Kingston
  18. London
  19. Erie
  20. Barrie

the-officeohoopsjim-halpertbutler-catwrong-laugh.gif

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Do you see London selecting an American ?

Oh look Sarnia just picked an American,guess i'll shut up now ! :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad