2016 OHL draft (part 2)

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Flints comp pick is 5th. The max it can be. They lose 3rd overall, everyone else bumped up including the comp pick I believe.

1. Guelph
2. Sudbury
3. Hamilton
4. Flint
5. Saginaw
6. Oshawa
7. Missy
8. Petes

The OHL App shows Saginaw picking 4th and Flint 5th.

Jack Attack

Mar 19, 2016
The Knights only drafted 2 Americans last year out of their 15 picks.

6 of their 12 active forwards, 2 of their 6 active D-men, and both of their goalies are American. That's half the team. I would be shocked if they didn't draft an American in the 1st round since recently they've had much success in wooing players away from NCAA "intentions".

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
6 of their 12 active forwards, 2 of their 6 active D-men, and both of their goalies are American. That's half the team. I would be shocked if they didn't draft an American in the 1st round since recently they've had much success in wooing players away from NCAA "intentions".

There's another team western conference team , with a good # of US players on it. But for some reason doesn't get the same flak :)
US minor hockey has done a good job developing players. There's alot more in the O than previously because of that. Just look around ;)

Mayday3*

Kitchener and Windsor have just as many Americans as London

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
There's another team western conference team , with a good # of US players on it. But for some reason doesn't get the same flak :)
US minor hockey has done a good job developing players. There's alot more in the O than previously because of that. Just look around ;)

Theres no question about the quality of American players in the league, however the fact remains that there are only certain OHL franchises with the financial means to buy out the remaining scholarships after those kids have played a couple of seasons in the NCAA. That certainly limits the other teams ability to select them. Its all about the money honey. Fact

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Theres no question about the quality of American players in the league, however the fact remains that there are only certain OHL franchises with the financial means to buy out the remaining scholarships after those kids have played a couple of seasons in the NCAA. That certainly limits the other teams ability to select them. Its all about the money honey. Fact

Is a day coming where they will be treated as imports?

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Niagara also becoming a spot for Americans. Niagaras starting top 6 defence has only 1 Canadian. Rest are American and 1 Russian. Both goalies Americans too. However I don't think they are at the point of being successful in making ncaa kids join them instead

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Man am I feeling old, reviewing the draft guide and something struck me be-twix the lookers. These kids are millennium born, Y2K kids, remember the doom and gloom over computers.

Man I knew last years were 1999 but when you see it in print..... 2000........

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Very surprised the OHL has not announced/updated the draft order without Flint having the 3rd pick.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Man am I feeling old, reviewing the draft guide and something struck me be-twix the lookers. These kids are millennium born, Y2K kids, remember the doom and gloom over computers.

Man I knew last years were 1999 but when you see it in print..... 2000........

Agreed, I've been dreading this draft for a while haha

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Good luck to all the players and their families in the draft! Although my son is not involved at this level, we are excited to see which kids he has played with and against over the years be selected!

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Guelph Storm ‏@Storm_City 3m3 minutes ago
The Storm are excited to select Ryan Merkley first overall in 2016. Press conference to follow at 11:30. #ANewDawn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad