Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Poor Frattin is really done if he is getting treated like an AHL charity case.

Sens are doing him a favour. He's not NHL quality and the B-Sens are god awful, so they are giving him a chance to at least compete for the Calder cup.

He's probably somewhat relieved to at least be apart of an AHL cup challenging team as opposed to whatever is going on in Binghamton.

Last edited:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Seems to be that the Leafs just wanted an extra roster spot. So by trading Frattin and then having him loaned back, they free up one roster spot for the 50 man limit, but keep a good AHLer in Frattin for their Calder run.

They didn't actually gain a contract space though. Cody Donaghey is still in junior so his contract doesn't count towards the limit of 50 (until next season).

mikebel111*

I dont get it, I thought once you were traded, you had no ties to the previous team and now they loan you to the team that traded you?

I dont think I have seen that before.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I dont get it, I thought once you were traded, you had no ties to the previous team and now they loan you to the team that traded you?

Marlies have often had guys from other organizations playing with them in the past.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca

116241-that-dont-make-no-sense-gif-Im-2m0g.gif

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sens are doing him a favour. He's not NHL quality and the B-Sens are god awful, so they are giving him a chance to at least compete for the Calder cup.

He's probably somewhat relieved to at least be apart of an AHL cup challenging team as opposed to whatever is going on in Binghamton.

He's UFA, probably suggests he won't be getting a contract from the Senators, so there is no reason for him to move.

Is he married, with kids?

Both teams might just be doing a good thing and Leafs pay the freight in the AHL.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
I really wished Frattin succeeded with Leafs, after that knee injury never the same.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Put me down as one of those fans who thought that Frattin was going to be a 20-20 guy. Looked like he had all the tools coming out of college and got so many good scoring chances with a lethal shot. I guess that knee injury was a big hit to him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Frattin should be a clear lesson in understanding the importance of prospect AGE. Frattin being a 60-odd pts pace player in the AHL at 23-24 just isn't all that impressive. It showed some nhl offensive upside - but not enough that he could get away with being a liability elsewhere.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Boston screwed themselves so bad. what a waste of three top 15 picks. reminds me of the leafs' legendary 1989 draft.

and man crouse sucks.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Frattin should be a clear lesson in understanding the importance of prospect AGE. Frattin being a 60-odd pts pace player in the AHL at 23-24 just isn't all that impressive. It showed some nhl offensive upside - but not enough that he could get away with being a liability elsewhere.

I only ever really evaluated Frattin based on his play in the NHL and I think he stood out as a college guy coming over to play. He actually had a solid start to his NHL career.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
^ Thats hilarious, oh Ottawa.....

Boston screwed themselves so bad. what a waste of three top 15 picks. reminds me of the leafs' legendary 1989 draft.

and man crouse sucks.

Yep - that Hamilton trade for Boston keeps on getting worse and worse.

Funny enough I remember The Mentalist on the draft threads really lamenting how we passed on Crouse for Marner.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

and man crouse sucks.

Boston was brutal at the draft. I do like the Senyshyn kid, but I liked him in the late 20's or early 30's.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
That drill he was doing in that video was one of my favourite drills I used with my son in our backyard rink. It looks pretty simple and I suppose it is, but it really creates good skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad