Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
The Marlies are going to be so stacked. Nice to know Keefe had him before.

Lindberg - Nylander - Kapanen
Soshnikov - Arcobello - Leivo
Leipsic - Gauthier - Brown
Morin- Carrick - Hyman

My God...

Well Arco and Leivo are currently up with the big club so won't look like that right away. Marlies will take a hit for a while but they certainly can afford to do so.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
He has said multiple times he loved playing for the Bears and since Bibeau is on fire right now, it's a good way to give Sparks some starts after he's been sidelined with an injury for awhile.

I doubt he's there for very long. If/when the Leafs trade Bernier or Reimer at the deadline, Sparks is likely the backup moving forward.

Bibeau playing well is the only reason that he's being sent down.

I've always said that Bibeau is the better prospect, but this has nothing to do with that at this moment. They want to give him some playing time and they don't play until Saturday anyways. Solar Bears play tomorrow.

mikebel111*

This doesn't relate to the Marlies, but I see Michael Maccaron's production has fallen off a cliff

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
He has said multiple times he loved playing for the Bears and since Bibeau is on fire right now, it's a good way to give Sparks some starts after he's been sidelined with an injury for awhile.

I doubt he's there for very long. If/when the Leafs trade Bernier or Reimer at the deadline, Sparks is likely the backup moving forward.

They have to play splitting time won't get it done.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
The leafs did Bailey and Rupert a solid by sending them to the Sens. They will both gets lots of opportunity there. Leafs are showing some class.

Hopefully Lindberg suits up this weekend.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
This doesn't relate to the Marlies, but I see Michael Maccaron's production has fallen off a cliff

Can't say I'm surprised. He was consistently just over PPG in Junior (basically Gauthier production), and happened to hit a hot streak. Then Habs fans hyped the **** out of him, as teams with ****** farms tend to do with even average prospects.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well Arco and Leivo are currently up with the big club so won't look like that right away. Marlies will take a hit for a while but they certainly can afford to do so.

We have so many replacements, we have nothing to worry about. Our ECHL team sucks this year anyways, so it's not the end of the world if we steal some of their players.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So who is the backup then?

On a separate note, how long before Matt Rupert is traded to the B-Sens for futures or an ECHLer? I give it a week.

the backup is Sparks, did you not read the tweet?

The Marlies don't play until this weekend and the tweet specifically says "and be back up for the weekend"

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
nobody really. Neither were getting good minutes. They were lucky when they got time on the 3rd line.

Yeah, some ECHL guy could come up and take some minutes.

But we could have said the same thing about Froese last year. Like "great, another one of the ECHL guy taking some ice time away from someone else."

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
the backup is Sparks, did you not read the tweet?

The Marlies don't play until this weekend and the tweet specifically says "and be back up for the weekend"

:laugh: I missed that. I think I read it as nobody will be brought up for the weekend, so we were going to bring in some AHL contract or something. I don't even know...

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I think sosh gets more mins now, hes been on the 4th line all year basically. The new Swede they brought in will play in the top 6 as well you would think. Lindberg is 6'3 220+ so hopefully he keeps developing, he'd be a nice peace in the top 9 one day for the leafs.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
The leafs did Bailey and Rupert a solid by sending them to the Sens. They will both gets lots of opportunity there. Leafs are showing some class.

Hopefully Lindberg suits up this weekend.

They could play together as a line & Rupert & Bailey should get a lot more ice with Binhampton than with the Marlies. Its nice playing with a top team like the Marlies, but sometimes for an individuals career, playing with a weaker team may be most beneficial.

Who will benefit from having Frattin, Bailey and Rupert gone in terms of playing time.

Soshnikov may benefit the most, but he was already seeing some more ice. Of the 3 traded Frattin had the most ice but he has recently dropped down to mostly 3rd line pairing.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Picking up Lindberg reminded me of another prospect of ours. Pierre Engvall is another guy who's big, Swedish, and a good skater.

Drafted:
Lindberg: 2013
Engvall: 2014

Draft+1 Production:
Lindberg: 22 points in 38 games in SuperElit
Engvall: 51 points in 38 games in SuperElit

Draft+2 Production:
Lindberg: 78 points in 67 games in the OHL
Engvall: 18 points in 43 games in Allsvenskan (so far)

Draft + 3 Production:
Lindberg: 22 points in 34 games in the AHL (so far)

Engvall's post draft year was much better, and it's hard to compare between their draft + 2 years as Engvall is playing much tougher competition and lower minutes.

After Nylander, I'd say Engvall is our best player from the 2014 draft. And we got him in the 7th.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Picking up Lindberg reminded me of another prospect of ours. Pierre Engvall is another guy who's big, Swedish, and a good skater.

Drafted:

Draft+1 Production:

Draft+2 Production:

Draft + 3 Production:

Engvall's post draft year was much better, and it's hard to compare between their draft + 2 years as Engvall is playing much tougher competition and lower minutes.

After Nylander, I'd say Engvall is our best player from the 2014 draft. And we got him in the 7th.

Valiev?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Drafted:

Draft+1 Production:

Draft+2 Production:

Draft + 3 Production:

Dakota Joshua is doing alright. 10 points in 18 games as a bottom 6, strong two-way freshman forward. Valiev is doing quite well as well.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
We have 11forwards on the marlies no? And only 3centers i know they play sat but won't that be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany