Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Can't say I'm surprised. He was consistently just over PPG in Junior (basically Gauthier production), and happened to hit a hot streak. Then Habs fans hyped the **** out of him, as teams with ****** farms tend to do with even average prospects.

We did that for a pretty long time as well. Often still do.

Pretty natural for fans to become emotionally invested in their prospects.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Can't say I'm surprised. He was consistently just over PPG in Junior (basically Gauthier production), and happened to hit a hot streak. Then Habs fans hyped the **** out of him, as teams with ****** farms tend to do with even average prospects.

A large portion of his junior production too came from playing with 2 of Marner/Dvorak/Domi (i'll be honest I can't recall which 1 or 2 it was). He hasn't been PPG without them.

Putting up .84 PPG post draft for a forward is pathetic, let alone being a 1st round pick.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
We did that for a pretty long time as well. Often still do.

Pretty natural for fans to become emotionally invested in their prospects.

Haha, of course we're not excluded. I remember all too recently when Leivo was one of our top prospects.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015

Like us the last few years lmao

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
What do you see Engvall's ceiling as?

I think he could be a 2nd line winger if things go right for him. The transition to NA is going to be the biggest test. He's got a surprising amount of skill, and he uses his size to make plays, but he's not particularly "gritty".

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
Zack Hyman is developing well imo with the marlies.. great 2 way forward that grinds in the corners.. I see him slotting into that 3rd/4th line nicely down the road.

He's +25 with 28 points. Even Strength beast :)

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
If Kadri gets a suspension is there a chance Nylander gets a call up to fill the gap? Who else is a possibility? Is Carrick still injured?

The Leafs would have Holland, Arcobello, Spaling, and Froese.

mikebel111*

If Kadri gets a suspension is there a chance Nylander gets a call up to fill the gap? Who else is a possibility? Is Carrick still injured?

Nylander wont be called to just play a game than get sent back down. I dont think they call anyone up. Carrick is hurt still

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

They said the would not ping pong prospects up and down, so I would say no they won't. As bad as it is they might just play tose 4

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
So the Sens have loaned Frattin to the Marlies, he's still with the team. Idk why but I find this hilarious, like, send him to your own AHL team.

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
Binghamton are a dreaaaaaadful team.

Yeah, but wouldn't Frattin maybe help them a little? Why not put him on the team regardless? He is Sens property after all.

Seems so weird. He's basically still playing for the Leafs (Well, our affiliate) but being paid by the Sens.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yeah, but wouldn't Frattin maybe help them a little? Why not put him on the team regardless? He is Sens property after all.

Seems so weird. He's basically still playing for the Leafs (Well, our affiliate) but being paid by the Sens.
Maybe Lou actually is one of the hockey gods? He can do anything.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So the Sens have loaned Frattin to the Marlies, he's still with the team. Idk why but I find this hilarious, like, send him to your own AHL team.

That's interesting. I guess the Sens really don't want him, they just took over the contract spot from the Leafs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs took over most of the pay as well, as a you can do that when you loan players.

Either way, the Marlies are even more stacked now. Frattin is a pretty good AHLer.

Puzzles

nice sauce
Jun 22, 2012
Montreal

Maybe they want him to get confidence and 'playoff' experience down the stretch

snizzbone*

Seems to be that the Leafs just wanted an extra roster spot. So by trading Frattin and then having him loaned back, they free up one roster spot for the 50 man limit, but keep a good AHLer in Frattin for their Calder run.

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
That's interesting. I guess the Sens really don't want him, they just took over the contract spot from the Leafs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs took over most of the pay as well, as a you can do that when you loan players.

Either way, the Marlies are even more stacked now. Frattin is a pretty good AHLer.

Interesting. Would make sense for the Leafs to pay for him in that case.

Wonder how long he sticks with the Marlies for? A week? A month? Rest of the season? Odd situation.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Keep in mind the Marlies still need to ice a roster post-deadline. Keeping Frattin around gives them a solid AHL veteran to keep around the team if they bring up some of the other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad