Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 72nd Overall (NJ) - J.D. Greenway - D - USNTDP [6-5/205]

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Okay but that has nothing to do with his lateral movement. Agility/mobility =/= lateral movement.

Its a five second video clip, it means very little. That scouting report is more than questionable in my eyes but even it agrees that Greenway is a very raw talent (something you criticized me for saying). Your opinion is charged with emotion and is that I'm a hater. I don't put much stock into that.

You still haven't answered my question: Did you see Greenway outside of the U-18s?

This doesn't make much sense. You are using a five second clip to prove a blanket statement you made about someones game. That is flawed logic.
I never criticized you for saying he was a raw talent. I agreed with you. I criticized you for hyperbolizing how raw of a talent he was.

I also disagreed with your opinion on his skating, and so do most scouting reports.

"He's got really light, quick feet for a 6'4" defender. That, combined with his big wing span allows him to cover a wide area of ice defensively in a short period of time."

Agility, mobility, light feet would directly effect lateral movement, yes.

I'm not basing everything off a 5 second clip. You're ignoring every other valid argument I make and resort back to focusing on the 5 second clip as if it's my only source of information on the player.

If you search my posts, you'll see I've had a high opinion of greenway since the u18's. That is where my opinion was formed on him.

My opinion was formed on you when you came in here sharing your pet peeves. Just so happens we have that in common. I think I've said all I need, and I'm repeating myself now. Have a good night.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I never criticized you for saying he was a raw talent. I agreed with you. I criticized you for hyperbolizing how raw of a talent he was.

I also disagreed with your opinion on his skating, and so do most scouting reports.

"He's got really light, quick feet for a 6'4" defender. That, combined with his big wing span allows him to cover a wide area of ice defensively in a short period of time."

Agility, mobility, light feet would directly effect lateral movement, yes.

1 scouting report =/= most scouting reports. I'm not sure how his opinion is more valid than mine. Maybe it's because he agrees with you...

I'm not basing everything off a 5 second clip. You're ignoring every other valid argument I make and resort back to focusing on the 5 second clip as if it's my only source of information on the player.

If you search my posts, you'll see I've had a high opinion of greenway since the u18's. That is where my opinion was formed on him.

My opinion was formed on you when you came in here sharing your pet peeves. Just so happens we have that in common. I think I've said all I need, and I'm repeating myself now. Have a good night.

You have no other valid argument. If you've only seen Greenway when he was at the U-18's then your opinion of Greenway will be far more favorable than reality. It's that simple. You can't seriously criticize someone's opinion when you've only seen the player 2-3 times.

Edit: I realized that I have taken up some space and probably annoyed the lot of you. I'm sorry. I won't be back too often.
If anyone else has any questions, feel free to ask or PM me

Last edited:

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Didn't like the pick initially, solely based that I'd never heard of the guy (I know, immature), but he's looked really good out there. Penalty shot goal the other day was filthy.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I'm not proclaiming hm a steal yet but the first impression of this guy was very good. He and Dermott meshed well and were certainly the best pairing on either team. Colour me impressed.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
James (J.D.) Greenway
Defense -- shoots L
Born Apr 27 1998 -- Potsdam, NY
18 yrs. ago
Height *6.05 -- *Weight 214

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 - Team USA USNTDP Juniors - USHL
25 Games... 2 Goals... 8 Assists... 10 Points... +12
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 - USA National U-18 Team - USDP
64 Games... 5 Goals... 23 Assists... 28 Points... +/- 0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 - Team USA U-18 International Juniors - WJC-U18
7 Games... 1 Goal... 6 Assists... 7 Points... +16

Green-Man-Unleashed-D : James (J.D.) Greenway 2015-16 Highlights - TML (HD)

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I was nervous when we picked him but after having actually watched him play this past week, I'm pretty excited about what he could become. His size, skating and offensive talent is really interesting.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I was nervous when we picked him but after having actually watched him play this past week, I'm pretty excited about what he could become. His size, skating and offensive talent is really interesting.

I hear he impressed so much that he s weighing junior now ,he just needdds to play alot ,regular sshifts ,just like middleton and logan Stanley ,u can argue thes 3 are pretty much lumped together ,it ll be scary if greenway or middleton progress next year the way Stanley did in Windsor this year ,the leafs wil get bigger in a hurry

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
This kid seems to be the pleasant surprise of development camp.

We need one of these 3-4-5 round picks to be a home run.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
This kid seems to be the pleasant surprise of development camp.

We need one of these 3-4-5 round picks to be a home run.

Thats what it comes down to a few years from now. Hitting big on mid round picks when/after Mathews/Nylander/Marner are into their second contracts

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I hear he impressed so much that he s weighing junior now ,he just needdds to play alot ,regular sshifts ,just like middleton and logan Stanley ,u can argue thes 3 are pretty much lumped together ,it ll be scary if greenway or middleton progress next year the way Stanley did in Windsor this year ,the leafs wil get bigger in a hurry

Wisconsin is perfect for him though. I'd be a bit upset if he left for junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad