Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
There are better players yes, but Gormley makes more sense as #7 than someone like Santini or Auvitu. Once Quincey joined, and Auvitu entered beast-mode, the group of seven became Greene, Lovejoy, Severson, Moore, Quincey, Auvitu and Merrill.

Wow...that looks good for the worst defense in the league..I'm shocked tbh.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Browsed through that list just quickly and somehow mixed Dustin Stevenson to Damon Severson. Thought for a second that no way the Devils would waive him after just trading Larsson.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Svedberg was slightly surprising in the list today, I wonder if a team lacking defensive depth takes a chance on him.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Svedberg was slightly surprising in the list today, I wonder if a team lacking defensive depth takes a chance on him.

He's tall and has a long reach. That's about it. Quenneville gave him more playing time than he deserved last year, and he didn't do much to keep it (obviously).

A team in need of defensive depth should be able to do better.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Tim Erixon and Jack Campbell . . . long time HF favorites when it came to offering them in trades

:laugh:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He's tall and has a long reach. That's about it. Quenneville gave him more playing time than he deserved last year, and he didn't do much to keep it (obviously).

A team in need of defensive depth should be able to do better.

This. The times I saw him play he was very limited in what he could do. Size got him further than he deserved.

JA

Some waiver claims will surely be made as the NHL teams finalize their opening rosters and are forced to make difficult decisions about their most NHL-ready, waiver-eligible players.

Last edited by a moderator:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Kings cleared

Honestly, with no teams announcing any claims now, I'd say it's likely everyone from yesterday cleared.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I wonder if Kichton could have some takers. Defenceman with 41 points in the AHL at the age of 23. Has scored well at every level he's played at, so far.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wonder if Kichton could have some takers. Defenceman with 41 points in the AHL at the age of 23. Has scored well at every level he's played at, so far.

Kichton is a mess in his own zone and the neutral zone. Poor skater, poor first pass, loses puck battles, poor positioning. He is smart in the offensive zone and can create some offense down there. But gets quickly exposed on the counter attack and has trouble breaking out or moving the puck up the ice. I'd be floored if anyone took him. He is not at all an NHL player.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think some teams should consider Lipon..

Lipon does not have the skill to play in the NHL. He is a small grinder basically, not what an NHL team is looking for. Very hard worker, but the puck dies on his stick. Particularly prone to neutral zone and defensive zone turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad