Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 20.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I hate when guys like Sennecke rise their stock late when we have a late first.

f***ing asshole getting himself drafted ahead of our spot.
if he goes up someone else is going down

Funny how Catton is in the top 5 in some mock list and others he's out of the top 10

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Drafting for positional requirements.

This is not a good idea, IMO.

But I'm not the GM...

We had no need for a goalie when we drafted Price in 2005.
As they mentioned after draft… if they valued two players of different positions more so equally, they would draft by need. That said, not enough people watched Reinbacher play. The kid will be a stud for us. At the WJC, playing for a relegated team, he stood out every game against the best in the world. Going fifth was no more than a stretch than Seider going sixth when expected to go closer10-13

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Sennecke is definitely the type of guys I'd be looking for with our second first rounder, i.e. a raw forward project on an upward development curve and legit upside. Whoever we pick, I'd like us to take a chance on an homerun swing.
I agree with a second first we are playing with house money a bit. Can’t help but think we won’t use that pick other than in a trade

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Could play Guhle on right side. Guhle/Reinbacher/Mailloux make great right side. Buium/Hutson/Wifi make great left side. Struble, Harris, Barron battle it out for 7th D
If Buium was a RD I’d seriously consider taking him. But there’s such a log jam at LD. I’m not really a fan of keeping Guhle at RD. And if we did then we probably also have to move Mailloux.

Why not just go forward? Our D is prestty set as is.

Had we drafted for need, Kopitar would’ve been a Hab……:popcorn:
It would’ve been Brule.

if he goes up someone else is going down

Funny how Catton is in the top 5 in some mock list and others he's out of the top 10
That’s true for so many players in this draft. It’s all over the place.

Reactions: Gustave

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm watching Dallas vs Vegas right now.

Dallas has 1 forward playing under 6 foot.

Vegas has 1 forward playing under 6 foot.

It's not just hockey fans with this fetish. Its 2 of the GMs who built contenders.

Yup. That's what we want to get too. I want a big, fast team that is a forechecking nightmare to play against.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If Connelly was still on the board at the Jets pick do you take him?
I think Button said he had him ranked around 15. 11th on Bob's list. Or if some team wanted him that was yet to pick in the 1st trade the Jets first for their 1st and a 2nd.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Course not, that would be a bigger reach than McCarron where we took him. There are better forwards available at #5.
I don’t necessarily think it’s that massive of a reach. If you’re dead set on drafting a forward, I think he compares favourably depending on who is available. It would be another Slafkovsky type of player - someone with all of the physical tools that you love that has shown an incredible amount of progression throughout the year, peaking in the second half. He has the size, skating and hands that make him a complete package. You have to think he has another level or two after getting used to his body.

It would sure be a ballsy move, and I don’t think I’d be the one to make it, but I definitely see the appeal. He seems to be the type of player the Sabres would love. High upside, in that Tage Thompson/Alex Tuch mould.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Just got around watching Sam Dickinson highlights.

I understand his fan base now. He's basically every #1 D you grew up watching in the 00s.

Yes. To me any team looking at a D should be looking at him. I would love MTL to get him even though I know they won t :( to be fair he is someone I could see any of CHI ANA CBJ and CHI having interest in.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I’d like everyone to post how they think the Top 5 teams will draft if there are no lottery changes or trades before the actual draft. I genuinely believe this draft will be all over the map and after Celebrini it will reflect that.
1. SJ Celebrini
2. CHI Levshunov
3. ANA Yakemchuk
4. CLB Lindstrom
5. MTL Demidov

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sennecke is definitely the type of guys I'd be looking for with our second first rounder, i.e. a raw forward project on an upward development curve and with legit upside. Whoever we pick, I'd like us to take a chance on a homerun swing. Parascak, Letourneau, someone like that.
He's basically the perfect pick for the Winnipeg pick. Him, MBN, Hage, Hemming, Boisvert, Chenyshov, Greentre, Boilard and a few others are a good reason why priotising size at forward with the first pick isn't necessary. Size is bound to be available later in the draft. Go with the high end pick. If that ends up being Lindstrom for the scouting staff, great, otherwise, also good.
Wyatt Johnston is 6'2, or are you not talking about last night's game?
Crazy how small he looks though, he has to be 150 lbs. He's pretty strong though.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I’d like everyone to post how they think the Top 5 teams will draft if there are no lottery changes or trades before the actual draft. I genuinely believe this draft will be all over the map and after Celebrini it will reflect that.
1. SJ Celebrini
2. CHI Levshunov
3. ANA Yakemchuk
4. CLB Lindstrom
5. MTL Demidov
Celebrini followed by 3-Dman

No idea who Habs pick at 5OA - I would pick Demigod

I am hoping Eiserman drops as Caufield did into teens, and Habs find a way to land him / pick via trade

Walking away from draft with Demigod + Eiserman should go a long ways toward setting Habs up for next 7+ years at top-6

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's basically the perfect pick for the Winnipeg pick. Him, MBN, Hage, Hemming, Boisvert, Chenyshov, Greentre, Boilard and a few others are a good reason why priotising size at forward with the first pick isn't necessary. Size is bound to be available later in the draft. Go with the high end pick. If that ends up being Lindstrom for the scouting staff, great, otherwise, also good.

Crazy how small he looks though, he has to be 150 lbs. He's pretty strong though.

He's tall, though. I mean when he hugs Chris Tanev after the OTG, they're exactly the same height. Tanev is 6'2, too.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
1. SJ Celebrini
2. CHI Levshunov
3. ANA Yakemchuk
4. CLB Lindstrom
5. MTL Demidov
SJ:Celebrini
Chi: Levshunov
Anaheim: Demidov
CLB: Eiserman or Lindstrom, unsure.
MTL: Lindstrom, Iginla, Helenius, Catton. In somewhat of an order.

Think Habs take Sennecke at 5?
I love Sennecke but there's no argument to go for him at #5. If Lindstrom is there, he's just a bigger, faster, stronger and badder version of him.

If Iginla is there, he's just a more skilled version.

If you're not looking for size but F's, you can't justify him above Catton and Helenius.
If you're looking D's, you can't justify him above Buium and Levshunov.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad