Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whlscowt

I think last year there were 5 players claimed before the season started , with the biggest impact coming from Paul Byron. What do you think it'll be this year? I'll say over/under is 5.5 to match up with last years numbers. I think it'll be just under, but who knows.

Speaking of last year, the only player I think NHL teams missed out on with pre-season waivers was Andrew Macdonald, but the real problem with him is more contract based than skill - even though I know some Flyers fans will moan about both. He had a solid end of season and playoffs. Solid bottom pairing guy but that contract, even at 2.5 would be difficult to fit in, especially since it's backloaded.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think last year there were 5 players claimed before the season started , with the biggest impact coming from Paul Byron. What do you think it'll be this year? I'll say over/under is 5.5 to match up with last years numbers. I think it'll be just under, but who knows.

Would the number of claimed players be affected by this being a pre-expansion year?

I'll go out on a limb and predict that 6 players will be claimed.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Ctxn_mVWAAA8yUJ.jpg:large

Noesen is mildly surprising.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He hasn't really done much since being drafted.

He was on a good trajectory before the Ducks got him, then he started racking up some pretty serious injuries. Sadly, Kerdiles looks like he is heading down the same path.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
The recent Quincey-signing pushed him down. Before that he would have made sense as #7.

Dunno about that one. He'd have had a shot at it, but I'd reckon there are at least 3 guys ahead of him in consideration for it right now.

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Not surprised by Halmo, but I like the kid. He's like a poor man's Matt Martin. Thought he'd be his replacement on the Isles for sure.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Dunno about that one. He'd have had a shot at it, but I'd reckon there are at least 3 guys ahead of him in consideration for it right now.

There are better players yes, but Gormley makes more sense as #7 than someone like Santini or Auvitu. Once Quincey joined, and Auvitu entered beast-mode, the group of seven became Greene, Lovejoy, Severson, Moore, Quincey, Auvitu and Merrill.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I think Noesens efforts coming back from his injuries and his play last year MAY
Reflect a valuable depth guy with some upside. Not his original projection, but kid wants it
Badly and I believe he will create a useful career for himself

At least I hope he will

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Is Noesen a bust ?

Avid Whaler fan here who saw him numerous times. He just doesn't do any one thing good. This is all prior injury history, too.

The best comparison I could think of was basically Dan Cleary when he had his solid campaigns rolling with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. At the best, he does all the little things well, tenacious in a sense, decent speed and at best 15-20 goals.

That being said, anyone who saw him on a numerous times level would have seen he wasn't a first rounder. He was a product of a lot of playing time and a typical dominating junior player. He just didn't do anything one thing well, which IMO doesn't bode well for a future in the NHL.

Wilson had the size and shot
Hartman had the shot and tenacity/grit
Rakell was tenacious and smart
JT miller I ever thought would be as good as he has been. Was never impressed w/ him in Plymouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad