Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VIII - Electric Trade-aloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So Sir Patrick Kane is mr Invincible that has barely scratched the surface of his limitless potential. He is about to ingite for 50 + every year for the next 10 and make the players around him much better. Wait even if he did that I wouldn't pay that much for anyone. The clock is ticking for injury or breakdown on all players. Mortgage the future for 1 player ... no way . Love to have him . not at that cost.

Good point.

Kane's new contract is, what, 10.5 mil? We can't afford that long term.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Lol

Last 18 games played 6 points -7

Wier and Ceci both struggled down the stretch, but they weren't so terrible that Phillips or Cowen needed to step in and take their spot. Sometimes you gotta choose the lesser of two evils.

I do like Wier and Ceci as a pairing, and they have shown some good play together, but they can be outright terrible at times too. They are still young as far as D go and really shouldn't be our 2nd pairing, but that's the best option we have now. Going forward they certainly can develop into a solid 2nd pairing, just be nice to have a better option to insulate them, but an upgrade via trade is gonna be a steep price to pay and Cowen and Phillips cap hit means we can't afford a UFA solution.

BigBush*

going to be interesting watching Ceci and Wier, both guys that need a new contract after this year

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wier and Ceci both struggled down the stretch, but they weren't so terrible that Phillips or Cowen needed to step in and take their spot. Sometimes you gotta choose the lesser of two evils.

I do like Wier and Ceci as a pairing, and they have shown some good play together, but they can be outright terrible at times too. They are still young as far as D go and really shouldn't be our 2nd pairing, but that's the best option we have now. Going forward they certainly can develop into a solid 2nd pairing, just be nice to have a better option to insulate them, but an upgrade via trade is gonna be a steep price to pay and Cowen and Phillips cap hit means we can't afford a UFA solution.

Don't get me wrong, they he wasnt terrible whatsoever but "difference maker" was a funny term to describe Wiercioch.

Ceci was so good for us though, Weircioch provided timely offense AT TIMES but was barely hanging on as a top 4 defender the rest of the way. Nevertheless he hung on.

Ceci in those same 18 games 2 points -1. Ceci was stellar coming down the stretch. Playoffs too after that 1st game he struggled vs MTL.

If Ceci gets more offense he's a legitimate number 3 defender. Wiercioch still has a ways to go defensively to be a stable top 4.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Philly: Cowen, Smith & Chiasson
To Ottawa: Brayden Schenn C/LW

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Puempel - Schenn - Lazar
Michalek - Paul - Robinson - Lindberg replaces Michalek next yr

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Puempel - Schenn - Lazar

Is this for the upcoming year? If it is, what makes you think Paul can actually play with the big boys? Although you do have a habit of putting players in before they are even close to ready.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
going to be interesting watching Ceci and Wier, both guys that need a new contract after this year

I suspect this will be the year that management decides between Cowen and Wier and one of the 2 will be gone at some point during the year or next summer. Big year for both of them to try to prove that they can stick.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Is this for the upcoming year? If it is, what makes you think Paul can actually play with the big boys? Although you do have a habit of putting players in before they are even close to ready.

There was an interview with Dorion a week or two ago on Team 1200 and he said he thinks Paul can make the team this year. I don't think there's room anyways but it sounds like management thinks he's just about ready.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lets see what happens at preseason. If Paul really impresses, then just maybe give him a 9 game tryout. Then either send him to Bingo or keep him depending on how he plays.

I don't expect him to make the team though. No room for him unless we trade someone.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Don't even want another forward. I like what we got(bingo players included)
The D almost def. needs an upgrade. We'll find out in the first month.

BigBush*

Lets see what happens at preseason. If Paul really impresses, then just maybe give him a 9 game tryout. Then either send him to Bingo or keep him depending on how he plays.

I don't expect him to make the team though. No room for him unless we trade someone.

A 9 game tryout doesnt apply to Paul, he cant be sent back to the minors and he'll burn the first year of his ELC this year.

If he out plays Smith he'll find his way on to the team at some point during the season

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
A 9 game tryout doesnt apply to Paul, he cant be sent back to the minors and he'll burn the first year of his ELC this year.

If he out plays Smith he'll find his way on to the team at some point during the season

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I suspect this will be the year that management decides between Cowen and Wier and one of the 2 will be gone at some point during the year or next summer. Big year for both of them to try to prove that they can stick.

My dream is that Cowen develops into a top 4DMan and we have Wiercioch on the 3rd pairing. I don't see Wiercioch even being a top 4 guy, but a 3rd pair guy who can play 16+ mins a game and excel? Absolutely.

neutral zone trap13

Dec 15, 2009
Ottawa
:hawks
Mike Hoffman
Curtis Lazar
Milan Michalek
Patrick Wiercioch
Colin White
1st in 2016
1st in 2017

:sens
Patrick Kane
Andrew Desjardins
Bryan Bickell

Ryan - Zibanejad - Kane
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Bickell - Pageau - Prince
Desjardins - Smith - Chiasson
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Call me crazy but I'd do this trade. Yeah Michalek and Weir can be useful players but when you have a chance of getting a superstar like Kane, you go for it. I believe he is the most clutch player in the league. Kane makes a lot of money but in a few years salaries will be even higher and it'll be a good contract. Losing so much potential hurts but this is the type of trade that can put you over the top. (Maybe take out or change one of the 1sts to a 2nd).

The Jangle Meister*

Puempel - Schenn - Lazar

would love to see B.Schenn on the team

Schenn-Zibanejad-Stone
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Michalek

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
But for now you gotta keep same roster, Hoffman could break out as star player and Puempel could be budding top 6 you also got Mac who could rebound.

After we know what we working with then make a deal for Schenn.

The Jangle Meister*

we know what we have, Hoffman should stay in the top 9, Puempel in the bottom 6, Mac with Turris. Puempel and Prince will get a time to shine in the top 6 when injuries occur or players do not perform, and that will happen.

I think a D upgrade is more likely if we were to make changes this summer, which imo we should, but I like the idea of Schenn now or down the road.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

Puempel - Schenn - Lazar

I'd much rather grab ourselves a Simmonds...

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Call me crazy but I'd do this trade. Yeah Michalek and Weir can be useful players but when you have a chance of getting a superstar like Kane, you go for it. I believe he is the most clutch player in the league. Kane makes a lot of money but in a few years salaries will be even higher and it'll be a good contract. Losing so much potential hurts but this is the type of trade that can put you over the top. (Maybe take out or change one of the 1sts to a 2nd).

It is basically equal to the Gretzky or Lindros deals in the Cap era. The money they paid to get those players is the huge Cap the Sens take back in the highest cap player at 10.5 mil in the league and Bickell's cap dump.

Is Kane currently anywhere remotely close to the value of a 27 year old Gretzky or an 18 year old Lindros?

It is a ridiculous proposal. Absurd. We make that deal and we remain a bubble team but fleece most of our future. You make that offer on MacDavid (i still would not). You don't do it for a relatively one dimensional winger, signed to the absolute highest Cap hit in the league... Who by the end of the deal is almost assuredly not as good as he is now.

It is far, far, far too much value. Draft picks and young players are everything in competing now. We would have few cheap entry level or early RFA guys to fill in for years.

It is far, far, far too much to give up for anyone... Let alone Patrick Kane... Who is good... But really how much better then Hoffman? To get 15 more goals 25/30 more points then Hoffman with Kane we give up 2 decent roster players and 4 straight firsts and take on like $10 million extra in salary over Hoffman at $4 million? Why? Why? Why? Even if you consider Mikalek a cap dump that is a roster player, 4 firsts and $6 millionish in cap space to get a better game breaker then Hoffman? Who is better than Hoffman but that much better? I want 1991 Brett Hull as my offensive gamebreaker in that deal not Kane. Still would not be worth it.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Edler would be a nice pick up. He has been on a cup run and has experience that helps offset the young core we have. I would keep him on the second pairing with Ceci and let Methot stay with Karlsson.

Methot/Karlsson
Edler/Ceci
Borowiecki/Wideman
Cowen
Phillips (retired)

I would like to see if we could do Wiercioch + Smith plus a conditional 3rd round pick for Edler and a conditional 3rd pick.

Condition being, if Ottawa makes the playoffs and Edler re-signs with Ottawa, the pick to Vancouver becomes a 2nd.
If only one of those two conditions is met, they both remain 3rd round picks.
If he does not re-sign with Ottawa and we miss the playoffs then Vancouver's pick to us becomes a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad