Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VIII - Electric Trade-aloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Edler would be a nice pick up. He has been on a cup run and has experience that helps offset the young core we have. I would keep him on the second pairing with Ceci and let Methot stay with Karlsson.

Methot/Karlsson
Edler/Ceci
Borowiecki/Wideman
Cowen
Phillips (retired)

I would like to see if we could do Wiercioch + Smith plus a conditional 3rd round pick for Edler and a conditional 3rd pick.

Condition being, if Ottawa makes the playoffs and Edler re-signs with Ottawa, the pick to Vancouver becomes a 2nd.
If only one of those two conditions is met, they both remain 3rd round picks.
If he does not re-sign with Ottawa and we miss the playoffs then Vancouver's pick to us becomes a second.

No to Edler, he is weak, inconsistent and not a player we want on this squad.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Also, this doesn't reflect his real value, but the VAN fans are asking for the moon for him.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Edler would be too expensive IMO. I personally don't like the idea of making a Bobby Ryan-esque trade this year. I like our prospect pool. We could give away one of Prince or Puempel as I doubt both make the squad this year. And packaging with Wiercoch to get a top 4 to play with Ceci is a good idea.

Really depends on what we could get for Prince + Wiercoch (I'd prefer to keep Puempel). I know we won't get Edler with that, but we may be able to find a team to upgrade Wiercoch by adding Prince.

We'd be better off going after Ehrhoff, but I doubt we'll cough up the cash.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
:hawks
Mike Hoffman
Curtis Lazar
Milan Michalek
Patrick Wiercioch
Colin White
1st in 2016
1st in 2017

:sens
Patrick Kane
Andrew Desjardins
Bryan Bickell

Ryan - Zibanejad - Kane
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Bickell - Pageau - Prince
Desjardins - Smith - Chiasson
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

I'll drive our players to the airport. I'd friggin love to see Kane in the East, especially on a line with Turris and Stone....or Zibanejad and Ryan...

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Edler would be a nice pick up. He has been on a cup run and has experience that helps offset the young core we have. I would keep him on the second pairing with Ceci and let Methot stay with Karlsson.

Methot/Karlsson
Edler/Ceci
Borowiecki/Wideman
Cowen
Phillips (retired)

I would like to see if we could do Wiercioch + Smith plus a conditional 3rd round pick for Edler and a conditional 3rd pick.

Condition being, if Ottawa makes the playoffs and Edler re-signs with Ottawa, the pick to Vancouver becomes a 2nd.
If only one of those two conditions is met, they both remain 3rd round picks.
If he does not re-sign with Ottawa and we miss the playoffs then Vancouver's pick to us becomes a second.

I'd like that but if you check out the thread on the trades board regarding Edler and Ottawa you'll see the Vancouver fan's expectations of return are very different.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
5 first round pick for Kane?

I'm not typically a guy who likes to mortgage futures for a player. Once in a blue moon, a la Bobby Ryan, but Patrick Kane is that good that I'd give up that package.

Wiercioch I see as collateral damage, sucks that he'd be going in the trade, but I'd get over it...the next day. Hoffman is also collateral damage IMO, he's going because we're upgrading him. Michalek is the salary dump.

So it comes down to Lazar, White and the 2 1sts. All 4 sting and is a huge risk for management, but you're receiving the very definition of a franchise player, a guy who has already player 550+ NHL games, scoring at about that pace. He's electrifying, he's impossible to stop and he'd have a new stomping ground in the East. Plus...he's similarly filthy in the playoffs, notching a PPG in over 100 games (and not to pound this home, but that's in the WEST, not the East).

And the kicker is, he's only 26. In fact, he doesn't hit 27 until a month+ after the season starts and is locked up to a contract, even if some don't like the contract, it's certainly market value a top 3 winger in the game (arguable, but that's where I see him).

A true superstar, no offence to Bobby Ryan, but this is the Big Kahuna.

All of this being moot anyway, because Chicago knows they can win with Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook as their core. The rest being interchangeable pieces.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I'd like that but if you check out the thread on the trades board regarding Edler and Ottawa you'll see the Vancouver fan's expectations of return are very different.

They can demand all they want doesn't mean that is what they will get. Every fan base over values their players and are shocked at the return they actually get.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Edler next to Karlsson would make both Karlsson and Edler better.

I'd say the highest I would pay for him is Hoffman/Wiercioch + 2nd

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
teams like Florida and Columbus have gotten better too though, Buffalo as well but I dont think they really push for a spot. I dont think Boston is as bad as people seem to think, but really Detroit is the team that is somewhat of a wild card - I dont know if not having Babs will really effect them.

We basically have the exact same roster as last season, we wont be as bad as we were at the start of last season and we wont be as good as we were at the end. The team made zero roster improvements but some players should play better with age, some might play worse, so im expecting a bubble/wildcard team - if they can be better than that great, if they are worse than that imo its unacceptable

I might be a bit over optimistic but... Look how much Stone improved. Zib is improving .. He could take a good step this year, so is Turris, Hoffman, Pageau, Lazar. Bobby Ryan should produce more. On D Ceci for sure, and probably Weir should show some improvement, Cowen needs to, hope he does as well. Prospect pool is getting better, Prince, Puempel are close if not ready, Paul is a couple/few months from being ready... The stars have to line up a little but I could see us at the 100 pt level and I could see round 2 in the playoffs.
The improvements are coming through young players getting better and growing into their roles.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hoffman and Weir have very different value, Hoffman + 2nd is not similar to Weir + 2nd.

Depends how you value Wier, I think he is a top 4 (barely) which still has some value. Obviously Hoffman is the more valuable piece right now, but sometimes a team needs a good puck mover. I wouldn't say the value of Hoff and Wier have a huge gap difference.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoffman is a top 6 forward who can be top line forward. Wiercioch is borderline top 4 defender who can be great number 3.

Don't see this equal value business. Maybe to the other team, tbh.

Guys I wouldn't move Hoffman, he can be a star in this league.

The Jangle Meister*

I might be a bit over optimistic but... Look how much Stone improved. Zib is improving .. He could take a good step this year, so is Turris, Hoffman, Pageau, Lazar. Bobby Ryan should produce more. On D Ceci for sure, and probably Weir should show some improvement, Cowen needs to, hope he does as well. Prospect pool is getting better, Prince, Puempel are close if not ready, Paul is a couple/few months from being ready... The stars have to line up a little but I could see us at the 100 pt level and I could see round 2 in the playoffs.
The improvements are coming through young players getting better and growing into their roles.

I love our young core, but that statement applies to 80% of the league - especially the two teams I mentioned, Florida and Columbus. This league is about being better than other teams, not just improving - many teams improved this off season. Being a Wildcard team isnt a bad thing, still making the playoffs - but if/when Ottawa wants to establish themselves as a top team in the league they will need the right roster improvements - and as many have said a top 4 d-man and top 6 forward (if chosen/traded for correctly) could really put us at that level. IMO IF we really want to go into this season 100% confident in a playoff birth one of those two pieces should be had (d-man seems more likely). I like being optimistic but I prefer to be realistic, im not of the mindset that every player we have will improve vastly come this season (because that is not realistic) - I am of the mindset that to maximize the improvement of these players getting established talent has proven to be helpful.

BigBush*

Edler would be a fantastic pick up for this team. He could play with Karlsson, which could workout tremendously as Edler us a well rounded defenseman with good offensive skills. He would be like Markov is to Subban. Methot could then slide down to play with Ceci. A table partner like Methot would help Ceci a ton and compliment his puck moving skills.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the price come down on Edler as the season goes. Vancouver IMO is in no mans land and will begin to start missing the playoffs. If that's the case they could be in for a rebuild.

Wiercioch + 1st + prospect

This would be a trade deadline deal in 8 months as I don't want to give up our 1st just yet

BigBush*

Depends how you value Wier, I think he is a top 4 (barely) which still has some value. Obviously Hoffman is the more valuable piece right now, but sometimes a team needs a good puck mover. I wouldn't say the value of Hoff and Wier have a huge gap difference.

I would say there is a massive difference in their value

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't think there is a huge difference between the two

Both are defensively poor, one dimensional players. Biggest difference between them is their skating ability (Weir is constantly tied to a bag of potatoes it seems) and Hoffman's mean streak.

Hoffman is clearly more valuable but I'm not sure it's that big of a gap

BigBush*

I don't think there is a huge difference between the two

Both are defensively poor, one dimensional players. Biggest difference between them is their skating ability (Weir is constantly tied to a bag of potatoes it seems) and Hoffman's mean streak.

Hoffman is clearly more valuable but I'm not sure it's that big of a gap

Huge gap. It comes down to the fact that there is a very short list of players in the league that can score 27 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad