Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VIII - Electric Trade-aloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Dont think we need any big acquisition forwards. Maybe a good shutdown 4th line center on a short term deal that costs nothing.

On defense i dont see anything that makes me super confident. I wouldnt bet on Harpur, Claessan or Wikstrand being top 4 dmen. They might but i wouldnt feel confident projecting that. Guys like Jaros, Englund and Chabot are still a ways a way from contributing to the NHL team imo. I dont have enough confidence in Cowen or Wier to bet on them being top 4 or top pairing.

I would love an outside addition to the defense but i think we are over flowing with solid young forwards and forwards prospects. Maybe not anyone who jumps out at you as a star but guys i feel confident in. Im not sure we should cap some of the young forwards potential. I like what ive seen and i think more needs to play out before we say we dont have any top tier offensive prospects. With some of our guys i dont see why they cant score 30 goals. Hoffman almost did it and i sure a year ago people would of thought that impossible

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Like it or not, the Sens are going to have to bring in external pieces when they are in fact ready to compete for the cup.

The last cup winners all brought in external pieces to help them win. So will the Sens if they ever want to think about touching the cup.

You draft your core players, then you bring in other players via trade or signing a free agent to help fill the holes. The last couple of cup winners have done it. The Sens will most likely have to do it too in order to win it all.

This is all just my opinion of course.

Yea, if you note my post history you'd see I share same sentiments but not now.

Next summer I see Ottawa getting 1-2 significant external pieces in the mold of top 3 forward and top 3 defender. Unless of course those pieces come internally this season.

WhiteLight*

:hawks
Mike Hoffman
Curtis Lazar
Milan Michalek
Patrick Wiercioch
Colin White
1st in 2016
1st in 2017

:sens
Patrick Kane
Andrew Desjardins
Bryan Bickell

Ryan - Zibanejad - Kane
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Bickell - Pageau - Prince
Desjardins - Smith - Chiasson
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Mike Hoffman
Curtis Lazar
Milan Michalek
Patrick Wiercioch
Colin White
1st in 2016
1st in 2017

Patrick Kane
Andrew Desjardins
Bryan Bickell

Ryan - Zibanejad - Kane
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

$11 million per and giving up far too much futures says that is a horrible deal for us. As nice as it would be to have one of the best forwards in the league added to the Sens.

4 consecutive first rounders two very serviceable players and our leading goal scorer in a Cap world for the highest paid player.

To make that trade I want a 21 year old Mario.. Or maybe a 21 year old Crosby. Not Patrick Kane.

WhiteLight*

$11 million per and giving up far too much futures says that is a horrible deal for us. As nice as it would be to have one of the best forwards in the league added to the Sens.

4 consecutive first rounders two very serviceable players and our leading goal scorer in a Cap world for the highest paid player.

To make that trade I want a 21 year old Mario.. Or maybe a 21 year old Crosby. Not Patrick Kane.

There are two kanes in the league that score goals. Both are headaches outside the rink. Pass.

Could take the Sens to the conference finals though....

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
The team looked a lot better when Weir was in the line up over Cowen

They also looked better when Hammond was in the line up over Anderson. Doesn't tell us much about which individual will be better next season though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Having Patrick Kane would be dream come true but IMO Hoffman can be Kane - lite.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffman has same progression as a guy like Tyler Johnson where he goes from rookie of year candidate to elite breakout season as one of the best in the game. He has the skills to do it for sure and has shown remarkable levels of dominance in other leagues.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They also looked better when Hammond was in the line up over Anderson. Doesn't tell us much about which individual will be better next season though.

lol at that comparison.

Not remotely the same. Wiercioch was a big reason why the team made the playoffs and was a difference maker down the stretch.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
lol at that comparison.

Not remotely the same. Wiercioch was a big reason why the team made the playoffs and was a difference maker down the stretch.

So... Wiercioch was a bigger reason we made it than Hammond?

Revisionism at its absolute finest!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
So... Wiercioch was a bigger reason we made it than Hammond?

Revisionism at its absolute finest!

Did he say that? Hammond was amazing. But tons of players made differences down the stretch and one of them was Weircioch. That is all he said I think.

BigBush*

Did he say that? Hammond was amazing. But tons of players made differences down the stretch and one of them was Weircioch. That is all he said I think.

Yup. And that's true. Obviously Hammond made a huge difference, but so did Weircioch coming in over Cowen.

I see Weir as a necessary placeholder on the second pairing until we can upgrade on him

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Could take the Sens to the conference finals though....

You also have to take into account the different teams involved.

Kane is basically playing on an all-star team. Look at the quality of his linemates vs who he'd play with in Ottawa, and the style of game.

Kane would obviously still be a great player and gamebreaker for us, but you can't count on the same amount of points. Same thing goes for any trades involving Edmonton kids....they play the most offensive game in the league, and having to dial it back in Ottawa and be more responsible means less points. You have to take those kinds of adjustments into account before making any trade.

That proposal for Kane basically has us gutting our future for one player. Just too much to give up.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
You also have to take into account the different teams involved.

Kane is basically playing on an all-star team. Look at the quality of his linemates vs who he'd play with in Ottawa, and the style of game.

Kane would obviously still be a great player and gamebreaker for us, but you can't count on the same amount of points. Same thing goes for any trades involving Edmonton kids....they play the most offensive game in the league, and having to dial it back in Ottawa and be more responsible means less points. You have to take those kinds of adjustments into account before making any trade.

That proposal for Kane basically has us gutting our future for one player. Just too much to give up.

Kane would maybe play with maybe better linemates here. Turris Karlsson. He mostly does not play with Toews and Hossa. But was with lesser linemates on a "second" line he was the focal point of.

No reason to think he would score less here whatsoever. But it is a completely never going to happen trade. And the trade proposed is almost as stacked in value as the Lindros trade was and is ridiculous.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mike Hoffman
Curtis Lazar
Milan Michalek
Patrick Wiercioch
Colin White
1st in 2016
1st in 2017

Patrick Kane
Andrew Desjardins
Bryan Bickell

Ryan - Zibanejad - Kane
Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boroweicki - Wideman
Phillips

Anderson
Hammond

So Sir Patrick Kane is mr Invincible that has barely scratched the surface of his limitless potential. He is about to ingite for 50 + every year for the next 10 and make the players around him much better. Wait even if he did that I wouldn't pay that much for anyone. The clock is ticking for injury or breakdown on all players. Mortgage the future for 1 player ... no way . Love to have him . not at that cost.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't expect this team to be much better than a bubble team for the next two years

It's possible but the idea that we should expect to make the playoffs seem off base to me

I think they are improving. I do not think 100 pts is far fetched, 99 pts on the bubble last yr.... but 100 pts is a decent season IMO. I think we should expect them to make the playoffs. I think we should expect them to be better this year than last.

Next year will be better than this year. Their improvement and age makes them maybe just better than a bubble team

The Jangle Meister*

I think they are improving. I do not think 100 pts is far fetched, 99 pts on the bubble last yr.... but 100 pts is a decent season IMO. I think we should expect them to make the playoffs. I think we should expect them to be better this year than last.

Next year will be better than this year. Their improvement and age makes them maybe just better than a bubble team

teams like Florida and Columbus have gotten better too though, Buffalo as well but I dont think they really push for a spot. I dont think Boston is as bad as people seem to think, but really Detroit is the team that is somewhat of a wild card - I dont know if not having Babs will really effect them.

We basically have the exact same roster as last season, we wont be as bad as we were at the start of last season and we wont be as good as we were at the end. The team made zero roster improvements but some players should play better with age, some might play worse, so im expecting a bubble/wildcard team - if they can be better than that great, if they are worse than that imo its unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad