Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VIII - Electric Trade-aloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I'm glad we have 9MM on the team. My enjoyment of his on-ice play is matched by my enjoyment of reading his haters squirm over his contract, and stumble over their excuses as to why he's bad.

Good times!

Now where is that popcorn emoji?

:popcorn:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm glad we have 9MM on the team. My enjoyment of his on-ice play is matched by my enjoyment of reading his haters squirm over his contract, and stumble over their excuses as to why he's bad.

Good times!

Now where is that popcorn emoji?

You dont really have to squirm. He gives 30-40 points. I enjoy people having to say hes versatile and good defensively to defend his contract :P

Othello*

It's pretty sad Michalek only scored 40+ points as a Seanator once.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Could be worse... We could had heatley for the term of his contract....

When his contract expired i believe he was still a 50 point player although he was at 8 mil in real dollars. The sens actually paid him 10 mil for his final year here then was paid 8 mil till the end i believe.

Obviously the contract was bad but he still produced like a top 6 forward till the end

The Jangle Meister*

Milo is a mediocre player who cant seem to stay healthy. 4mil for Milo on a budget team is why we don't need him. If you can trade him in a package for a roster upgrade im all for it, if you cant then keep and he can get us a few goals here and there.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Milo comes in on the expensive side, but when an injury in the top 6 inevitably happens, we'll be glad to have him. He can still eat some good minutes. I'm not "defending" his contract, it's too much, but I'm okay with him being overpaid by a mill.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Milo comes in on the expensive side, but when an injury in the top 6 inevitably happens, we'll be glad to have him. He can still eat some good minutes. I'm not "defending" his contract, it's too much, but I'm okay with him being overpaid by a mill.

This is how i feel except i probably rather have a young potential top 6 player fill that role if the injury is short term

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
When his contract expired i believe he was still a 50 point player although he was at 8 mil in real dollars. The sens actually paid him 10 mil for his final year here then was paid 8 mil till the end i believe.

Obviously the contract was bad but he still produced like a top 6 forward till the end

Actually heatley's Sens contract ended in 2013-14 the last two season he got 28 & 21 points with a caphit of 7.5mil.

MM actually outproduced him in 2 of the final three years of that contract.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Actually heatley's Sens contract ended in 2013-14 the last two season he got 28 & 21 points with a caphit of 7.5mil.

MM actually outproduced him in 2 of the final three years of that contract.

My info is wrong then. Im looking at the actual dollars tho. Not the cap hit

Cap geek still has a working link and you are correct although the last two years were 6 and 5 mil

Im not arguing for heatley over michalek tho. id rather have mm

apparently heatley sued the sens for 4 mil too i believe

Last edited:

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
My info is wrong then. Im looking at the actual dollars tho. Not the cap hit

Cap geek still has a working link and you are correct although the last two years were 6 and 5 mil

Im not arguing for heatley over michalek tho. id rather have mm

apparently heatley sued the sens for 4 mil too i believe

No I got where you were coming from for sure.

Also I think melnyk sued heatley and they settled out of court. If memory serves me right a bonus worth $4 mil kicked in around Canada day the summer he was traded. He supposedly drag his feet on accepting a trade to Edmonton and rejected just before the bonus kicked in, thus forcing Ottawa to pay him the $4million

Othello*

I'll make sure to file a missing persons report during the first half of the season and playoffs.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Get readybforba 20 G season from 9MM!

Totally depends on who he plays with. Seems to always be the case with him, he plays to his linemate's abilities but never elevates lesser players.

I'm okay with having him. He's a good vet, well liked by most especially the Kaptain, and allegedly works really hard off the ice. Good to have guys like that around the young guys. We obviously don't see it as outsiders but people in hockey see this as an important part of development. Hard not to believe it when you see teams like Edmonton.

He still seems capable of producing. He was really good with Turris and Stone down the stretch.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
You dont really have to squirm. He gives 30-40 points. I enjoy people having to say hes versatile and good defensively to defend his contract :P

He got paid the same amount as, or slightly less than, Pouliot, Hemsky, Jokinen, Bolland, Gionta and Grabovski. Who would you rather have? I'd take Pouliot and no one else. If you say we could have signed Mason Raymond instead, I'm going to cry.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He got paid the same amount as, or slightly less than, Pouliot, Hemsky, Jokinen, Bolland, Gionta and Grabovski. Who would you rather have? I'd take Pouliot and no one else. If you say we could have signed Mason Raymond instead, I'm going to cry.

I'd rather have Pouliot and jussi jokinen. I wouldnt of signed any of them. I dont think there is a need and they dont fit the direction of the team. If you need a vet filler sign a 1 year contract with no ntc

The only two FAs forwards i was interested in were Winnik and Santarelli on one year deals. If you are super concerned sign brad boyes under 3 mil for 2 years and let him get him 30 points

I dont think ive ever seen a need to add older middling UFA forwards to this team unless they are on cheap short term deals that might be attractive to trade.

I wouldnt say get Mason Raymond. I dont care for him but he scored 45 points last year to get his contract. Michalek scored 6 less at 39 well being a minus 25. That doesnt mean hes bad defensively it just means when he was on the ice bad things happened

Other guys i might of been interested in Mueller, Cammalaire, Eaves and Perreault

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Meh. Michalek (along iwth a few other older guys) won't be here in two years. Hopefully by then, one of our kids will develop into the jack-of-all-trades type that can fill in on any line and gobble up minutes like he does. If we're lucky, that kid will put up a few more points, too. But, none of our kids are ready to fill that role.....yet. So, Michalek is still here as the stop-gap solution.

.....and another two months of twiddling our fingers waiting for next season to start. Humbug.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
We should flip Hoffman and Cowen for Boedker and Stone.

It would save us some $ and give us more proven assets. (Albeit with lower ceilings)

MyTwoSens

Jun 18, 2015
Ottawa
We should flip Hoffman and Cowen for Boedker and Stone.

It would save us some $ and give us more proven assets. (Albeit with lower ceilings)

I posted something similar on the Free Agent Frenzy Boards. It was Wier instead of Cowen but hey, if they want Cowen instead, take him :yo:

They didn't want Wier, but I'd throw 9MM in there as well if they want Cowen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad