8 Adam Musil F South Delta/BWC B1 – T1 5’9 150 1997
9 Rylee Zimmer F Notre Dame SSBHL 6’0 150 1997
10 Ethan Bear D Melville SSBHL 5’10 170 1997 21 16-19-35 34

Related to Jake Gardiner of the Leafs?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
My top list of the best players of 1997 year of birth in Russia.

Forward
1. Arthur Tyanulin (Ak Bars)
2. Artem Artemov (Spartak)
3. Mikhail Byakin (White Bear)
4. Ivan Kashtanov (CSKA)
5. Nikita Korostelev (CSKA)
6. Mikhail Vikhrov (Dynamo)
7. Anton Ruban (Avangard)
8. Dennis Yan (CSKA)
9. Arseniy Eltyshev (Avtomobilist)
10.Alexander Zhebelev (Dynamo)

Defender
1. Vladislav Shishkov (Tractor)
2. Ivan Provorov (Lokomotiv)
3. Konstantin Gulkin (Avangard)
4. Vladimir Kalugin (Rus)
5. Alexey Platonov (Spartak)
6. Alexander Kozyrev (Dynamo)

From goalkeeping draws the attention of Leonid Lazarev (CSKA).

Game Arthur Tyanulin №13.
http://online-prenosy.tvcom.cz/vide...bars-97-world-selects-invitational-prague.htm
http://online-prenosy.tvcom.cz/vide...-hockey-world-selects-invitational-prague.htm
http://online-prenosy.tvcom.cz/vide...-hockey-world-selects-invitational-prague.htm

Did Denis Smirnov fall off the map, never saw him play recently but know he got 20 goals and 20 assists in 22 games with the Bely Medv 96s an age group up, so I know he was still doing very well putting up almost 2 points a game in a higher league? I was just wondering.

wolem78

Sep 21, 2008
Did Denis Smirnov fall off the map, never saw him play recently but know he got 20 goals and 20 assists in 22 games with the Bely Medv 96s an age group up, so I know he was still doing very well putting up almost 2 points a game in a higher league? I was just wondering.
Denis Smirnov, Valery Gurin. Unfortunately, their time has passed. Not a big lack of growth. They did not become the second Theoren Fleury.

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
1. Luc Deschesne—Defense—Fredricton 0’00/000 17 15 13 28
2. Nathan Noel—Forward—NFLD 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
3. Connor McDavid—F—Toronto Marlies 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
4. Matthew Barzal—Forward—Burnaby 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
5. Nikita Korostelev—F—CSKA 97 5’07/132 26 34 25 59
6. Alexander Zhebelev—F—Dynamo 97 5’05/130 24 31 30 61
7. Andrew Picco—D—St John’s Bantam 6’00/160 00 00 00 00
8. Aaron Kellogg—D—For Sask 5’11/185 29 07 12 19
9. Anthony Beauvillier—F—Eclaireurs Rich 0’00/000 34 29 25 54
10. Ryan Barrow—F—Bow Valley Timber 0’00/000 32 35 41 76
11. Dallas Miller—F—Winnipeg Sharks 5’11/194 23 24 20 44
12. Mathiau Young—F—North York 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
13. Daniel Sprong—F—Express Suroit 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
14. Ryan Moore—Forward—Belle Tire 0’00/000 31 26 28 54
15. Aleksi Saarela—Lukko U16 5’09146 01 01 01 02
16. Cameron Reagan—D—Sherwood Park 5’10/157 32 03 13 16
17. Colby Tower—F—Nova Jr X-Men 5’05/125 28 23 16 39
18. Simon Sandstrom—D—Gastrikland 5’11/172 00 00 00 00
19. Jordan Jungwirth—Forward—Shattuck 6’01/165 43 07 27 34
20. Justin Szeto—F—Burnaby 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
21. Nick Merkley—F—Calgary Bisons 5’05/125 25 15 16 31
22. Mason McCarty—F—Okotoks 5’02/094 28 11 21 32
23. Ethan Bear—D—Milville Millionaires SK 0’00/000 21 16 19 35
24. Mikhail Vikhrov—F—Dynamo 97 5’08/140 24 26 29 55
25. Pontus Thoren—F—Bohuslan 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
26. Kirill Kovalevsky—F—CSKA 96 0’00/000 00 26 11 37
27. Brett Primeau—F—Sun County Ontario 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
28. Tanner Browne—D—Victoria BC 0’00/000 00 00 00 00
29. Tommy Bellemare—F—Cobras Verdun 0’00/000 28 11 08 19
30. Valery Gurin—F—Dynamo 96 5’03/110 22 16 10 26

I never saw Ivan Kashtanov play so I can not comment on him as someone posted him bellow. Still a long time away but here are 30 guys to start to target right now, of course a lot will change by this time but right now this is who I think are the top talents...and for everyone who thinks this is too early well im a scout in the QMJHL and I know us as a Q team and NHL scouts start to follow the guys at this age so if you can not get your head around players at 14 and 15 years old well just thank yourself your not a scout then.

Scoutman how good is Barzal? I saw that he got MVP and lead his team to the Western Canadian Bantam title as a first year which is pretty impressive. He is a bit small right now though 5'5 is that a concern at this age? I know this isn't exactly your neck of the woods but I have heard him compared to RNH wondering if you have any insight on him. Thanks and love the early list!

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Scoutman how good is Barzal? I saw that he got MVP and lead his team to the Western Canadian Bantam title as a first year which is pretty impressive. He is a bit small right now though 5'5 is that a concern at this age? I know this isn't exactly your neck of the woods but I have heard him compared to RNH wondering if you have any insight on him. Thanks and love the early list!

Barzal is good...I would compare him to RNH, he is an excellent skater, great work ethic, very smart, excellent playmaking skills, exciting on the ice, he is also a very good goal scorer too, I do not think his height is a big issue yet he is still too young, his height will be a bigger tale at the end of the year next year, if he still 5'5 well maybe then lol.

as for the person who asked about Musil I think he is a pretty good dman, not as good as his brother though, but |I think he is a very good defender for the draft, very smart, excellent defensive game, his offensive game is improving a lot and he has a lot of raw potential.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
as for the person who asked about Musil I think he is a pretty good dman, not as good as his brother though, but |I think he is a very good defender for the draft, very smart, excellent defensive game, his offensive game is improving a lot and he has a lot of raw potential.

I don´t know whether Adam Musil shifted position after his arrival to N.A. but he played as center back in Czech.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Barzal is good...I would compare him to RNH, he is an excellent skater, great work ethic, very smart, excellent playmaking skills, exciting on the ice, he is also a very good goal scorer too, I do not think his height is a big issue yet he is still too young, his height will be a bigger tale at the end of the year next year, if he still 5'5 well maybe then lol.

Barzal has grown a few inches and now is near 5'8. As for Musil, he is a center and is moving to BWC this year to play on Matt Barzal's line with Justin Szeto. This should be the top line in Western Canada and I would expect BWC to make another appearance in the Westerns.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Barzal has grown a few inches and now is near 5'8. As for Musil, he is a center and is moving to BWC this year to play on Matt Barzal's line with Justin Szeto. This should be the top line in Western Canada and I would expect BWC to make another appearance in the Westerns.

wow ok LOL when I saw Musil play he was on the back end...it was a tourmanet I was at and he was on the back end and played very very very well but was scared to make a rush looked concentrated on his position which makes since he was a forward possibly moved back for a few games, but either way shows me versatility in him which is a good thing.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
have you heard if there are any other good maritime players?

Luc Deshenses, this guy is an explosive skater, end to end puck carrier with his amazing puck handling skills, he has amazing vision and passing ability and can set plays up from the point, can pinch in and make plays and is great off the rush, he has an excellent shot from the point and when he brings the puck into the offensive zone he is as good as any highlight reel sniper with his puck handling and shooting...he is good in his own zone and is physical as well, this guy is the total package and could be the best dman from maritimes in a LONG TIME.

Nathan Noel from newfoundland has the potential to be a nathan mackinnon, he is an explosive skater and puck handler, great playmaker and an even better goal scorer, this guy is highly entertaining to watch and controls the play every time he is on the ice, right now looks like him and Deshenses will be the two fighting for 1st in the QMJHL draft but it is still a long time away.

Andrew Picco is a big dman who can skate, is very smart and has tons of skill at both ends of the ice, he is physical as well.

Colby Tower from Nova Scotia is a great skater with a very strong stride and excellent acceleration, he has great hands and puck handling ability and is great in small spaces, very gritty player, fights the boards and takes the body has a never give up attitude, he has great movement with and with out the puck, goes to the net, has great passing and excellent shooting, he is the first man back to help out defensivly and he is the total package he dominated against guys a year older than him.

Layton Parsons from Cole Harbor played for the worst bantam team in nova scotia and was a bright spot for them, very big, very strong, excellent sniper ability and shooting, very strong on the puck, good hands, has to improve his skating, but this guy has the size and skill to be a star.

Randon MacKinnon he is NOT related to Nathan...very good speed and controls the play on the ice, excellent playmaker and makes others better around him.

Jacob Vance from New Brunswick is another great defender, this guy is a big time two way dman who works hard and has elite skills, this guy could be one of the best dmen from the QMJHL draft he has that type of skill.

Cole Hackett from PEI is a guy to watch, I saw him play but his style of play has slipped my mind, but I know he is a prime talent from the maritimes.

others with big talent are Adam Holwell from NFLD, Alex Jacob and J-M Leblanc from NB, Nicholas Welsh, Campbell Pickard, Nicholas Dawe (goalie), Vinny Andrea all from Nova Scotia.

Last edited:

mrscout

Jul 27, 2011
Another kid from Bathurst N.B. is Riley Scott. Very good 2 way player and excellent corner guy. He can make centermen look good, decent speed and good size. Have a look at him in the Bantam League this year if he doesn't move up to Midget Major.
Luc Deshenses, this guy is an explosive skater, end to end puck carrier with his amazing puck handling skills, he has amazing vision and passing ability and can set plays up from the point, can pinch in and make plays and is great off the rush, he has an excellent shot from the point and when he brings the puck into the offensive zone he is as good as any highlight reel sniper with his puck handling and shooting...he is good in his own zone and is physical as well, this guy is the total package and could be the best dman from maritimes in a LONG TIME.

Nathan Noel from newfoundland has the potential to be a nathan mackinnon, he is an explosive skater and puck handler, great playmaker and an even better goal scorer, this guy is highly entertaining to watch and controls the play every time he is on the ice, right now looks like him and Deshenses will be the two fighting for 1st in the QMJHL draft but it is still a long time away.

Andrew Picco is a big dman who can skate, is very smart and has tons of skill at both ends of the ice, he is physical as well.

Colby Tower from Nova Scotia is a great skater with a very strong stride and excellent acceleration, he has great hands and puck handling ability and is great in small spaces, very gritty player, fights the boards and takes the body has a never give up attitude, he has great movement with and with out the puck, goes to the net, has great passing and excellent shooting, he is the first man back to help out defensivly and he is the total package he dominated against guys a year older than him.

Layton Parsons from Cole Harbor played for the worst bantam team in nova scotia and was a bright spot for them, very big, very strong, excellent sniper ability and shooting, very strong on the puck, good hands, has to improve his skating, but this guy has the size and skill to be a star.

Randon MacKinnon he is NOT related to Nathan...very good speed and controls the play on the ice, excellent playmaker and makes others better around him.

Jacob Vance from New Brunswick is another great defender, this guy is a big time two way dman who works hard and has elite skills, this guy could be one of the best dmen from the QMJHL draft he has that type of skill.

Cole Hackett from PEI is a guy to watch, I saw him play but his style of play has slipped my mind, but I know he is a prime talent from the maritimes.

others with big talent are Adam Holwell from NFLD, Alex Jacob and J-M Leblanc from NB, Nicholas Welsh, Campbell Pickard, Nicholas Dawe (goalie), Vinny Andrea all from Nova Scotia.

mrscout

Jul 27, 2011
have you heard if there are any other good maritime players?

Another kid from Bathurst N.B. is Riley Scott. Very good 2 way player and excellent corner guy. He can make centermen look good, decent speed and good size. Have a look at him in the Bantam League this year if he doesn't move up to Midget Major.

buffaloburger

Jan 7, 2011
I have recently seen Duchesne and some of the other guys on the above list. While he was bigger than most of the players, he is now quite average both in size and skill level. Dermott has worked out with a friend of mine this summer and is much bigger, while not tall enought yet, he has the skill in my mind to be an early pick.
It does all seem to even out after a few years.
Cornel from Ottawa area is a very skilled player and sees the ice very well. I think he is a 2015 but might be a 2014.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Scott didnt even make the u15 team new brunswick for the atlantic challenge cup :huh:
http://www.hnb.ca/images/stories/U15.pdf

dont go by that though, sometimes players do not play for there province because they are busy with something else, usually players come to the tournamant no matter if they are else where like Mackinnon came from Shattuck, and Gormley played when he was in Notre Dame BUT there have been players that are good that never played in it one year and played the next year.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
Can you summarize the article. My french is very poor. Thanks.

I googled then copied and pasted.

The caution when it comes time to advance the name of a young outstanding talent, but a hockey player from New Brunswick is already bearing the label of best player in the world 13 years depending on the site www.scoutingnews.com.
Luc Deschênes vient à peine de disputer sa première année bantam qu'il est déjà connu de tous les dépisteurs des Maritimes. Luc Deschênes has barely play his first year bantam it is already known to all the scouts in the Maritimes. Son brio à un si jeune âge a rapidement fait le tour de la planète hockey quand il s'est aligné avec l'équipe U16 du Nouveau-Brunswick au Défi de la Coupe atlantique alors qu'il devait plutôt défendre les couleurs de l'équipe U14. His brilliance at such a young age has rapidly gone around the world hockey when he aligned with the U16 team from New Brunswick to Atlantic Challenge Cup, but it should rather defend the team colors U14.

Le défenseur de Fredericton fait déjà 5' 10" et pèse 180 livres. Sa découverte a fasciné les recruteurs qui devront attendre à 2013 avant de pouvoir le sélectionner. Fredericton defender is already 5 '10 "and weighs 180 pounds. His discovery has fascinated recruiters will have to wait until 2013 before they can select.

« Nous étions tous là, dans les estrades. "We were all there in the stands. Nous observions ce brillant joueur qui faisait presque six pieds. We watched this brilliant player who was almost six feet. On s'était dit qu'il y avait une erreur dans le programme qu'on nous avait remis parce que nous étions tous d'accord pour dire qu'il allait être repêché en première ronde du repêchage de 2011 de la LHJMQ. They had said there was an error in the program we were given because we all agree that he would be drafted in the first round draft pick in 2011 from the QMJHL. À notre avis, il jouait aussi bien, sinon mieux que Matt Murphy [sélectionné au cinquième rang de la première ronde 2011] et Jacob Arsneault [sélectionné 21e]. We think he played as well or better than Matt Murphy [selected fifth in the first round in 2011] and Jacob Arsneault [selected 21st]. Pourtant, il n'y avait pas d'erreur ! Yet there was no error! Il faudra vraiment attendre deux ans avant de le repêcher ! It will really wait two years before the fish up! Quand même, il demeure très jeune et c'est difficile de projeter ce qu'il pourrait devenir », a souligné Mark Haidar, recruteur des Huskies de Rouyn-Noranda. Still, it is still very young and it's hard to project what he might become, "said Mark Haidar, recruiter of Rouyn-Noranda.

C'est la première fois de l'histoire du Nouveau-Brunswick qu'un hockeyeur de 13 ans participe au Défi atlantique dans la catégorie U16. This is the first time in history that a New Brunswick hockey player of 13 years participating in the Atlantic Challenge in the U16 category. Brandon Gormley l'a déjà fait pour l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard. Brandon Gormley has done for the Island of Prince Edward Island. Sidney Crosby a participé à ce tournoi à 13 ans, mais dans la catégorie U15. Sidney Crosby participated in the tournament at 13, but in the U15 category.

Au niveau bantam, Deschênes a marqué 19 buts et totalisé 36 points en 25 matches tout en accumulant 84 minutes de pénalité. At Bantam, Deschenes scored 19 goals and totaled 36 points in 25 games while accumulating 84 minutes of penalty. Le défenseur a même été appelé à joindre l'équipe midget AAA du Canadien de Fredericton au tournoi Kiwanis de Gatineau en janvier dernier. The defender has even been known to join the team Midget AAA Canadiens Fredericton Gatineau Kiwanis Tournament last January.

« Luc est un défenseur physique et un patineur très rapide. "Luke is an advocate physical and very fast skater. Il a un bon tir. He has a good shot. Il est intelligent. He is intelligent. Il monte la rondelle facilement. He climbs the puck easily. Sa vision du jeu est exceptionnelle. His vision of the game is exceptional. Il a joué un rôle plus défensif au Défi atlantique, mais il l'a rempli à merveille. He played a more defensive role at Atlantic Challenge, but he has filled admirably. C'est un espoir extraordinaire. This is an extraordinary hope. Au même âge, il est en avance sur Luc Bourdon », a signalé le recruteur des Olympiques, Steven Gionet. At the same age, he is ahead of Luc Bourdon, "reported the recruiter Olympics, Steven Gionet.

En séries éliminatoires, il est devenu un régulier du Canadien midget AAA de Fredericton. In the playoffs, he became a regular Canadian Midget AAA Fredericton. Seul Crosby a pu en faire autant au même âge selon Mark Haidar. Crosby could only do so at the same age as Mark Haidar. « Toutes les options lui sont ouvertes pour la prochaine saison. "All options are open to him for next season. Il pourrait jouer au niveau des prep schools, au niveau midget AAA ou même au niveau junior A comme Patrice Cormier. He could play at the prep schools, at the Midget AAA and Junior A level even as Patrice Cormier. Il est assez mature physiquement pour ça. He is physically mature enough for that. » "

Une dérogation ? An exemption?

Reste à voir si le jeune homme demandera une dérogation pour devenir éligible au repêchage de la LHJMQ dès l'âge de 14 ans. Remains to be seen if the young man asked a waiver to become eligible for the QMJHL entry draft at the age of 14. Sidney Crosby a été le dernier à en faire la demande au Québec, mais celle-ci avait été refusée. Sidney Crosby was the last to apply to Quebec, but this was refused.

André Tourigny, entraîneur-chef et directeur général des Huskies de Rouyn-Noranda, espère que la famille Deschênes fera une requête. André Tourigny, Head Coach and General Manager of Rouyn-Noranda, hopes that the family will request Deschênes. « La demande de Sidney Crosby avait été refusée et nous avons vu que ça avait été une erreur. "The demand for Sidney Crosby was refused and we saw that it was a mistake. » "

En Ontario, Aaron Ekblad, un imposant défenseur de 14 ans, a vu sa demande de dérogation acceptée ce printemps. In Ontario, Aaron Ekblad, an imposing defender of 14 years, saw its waiver request approved this spring. Parce qu'il a obtenu le statut de joueur exceptionnel, il a été le premier joueur sélectionné par les Colts de Barrie dans la Ligue de l'Ontario en mai dernier. Because it has been recognized as outstanding player, he was the first player selected by the Barrie Colts in the OHL last May.

« Si Deschênes devait obtenir une dérogation comme Ekblad, il serait le premier choix de la nouvelle équipe de Sherbrooke », a assuré Mark Haidar. "If Deschênes should obtain a waiver as Ekblad, it would be the first choice of the new team in Sherbrooke," assured Mark Haidar.

yohockey

Nov 14, 2008
Watch for U.S. based center Josh Wilkins, 1997 5'10" 165, 101 pts last year as first year Bantam. Now plays for AAA Jr. Carolina Hurricanes. Many compare to Allen Iverson on ice, who can pass it behind his back or between his legs just tape to tape with ease... played for L.A. Junior Kings AAA Bantam this summer...and may join them again in 2012. Already has 8 pts. in his first three games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00