2015 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Watch for U.S. based center Josh Wilkins, 1997 5'10" 165, 101 pts last year as first year Bantam. Now plays for AAA Jr. Carolina Hurricanes. Many compare to Allen Iverson on ice, who can pass it behind his back or between his legs just tape to tape with ease... played for L.A. Junior Kings AAA Bantam this summer...and may join them again in 2012. Already has 8 pts. in his first three games this season.
ill be watching him this year for sure...I actually never heard of him so I wrote his name down and will get to check him out this year.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Another name to keep an eye on is Jack Eichel from the Boston Jr. Bruins Empire team, an Oct '96 which I think makes him a 2015 eligible draftee. Incredible talent, tore up the Junior B Nationals last year as one of the youngest players there, and according to some reports, the best player at the u15 national festival this year.

Here's an article from nationals this past year about him
http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=PL_02_09&id=303432

Credit to this thread and Bonney to some of the info
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=827822&page=13
The lowell sun article he links to is gone by the way indicating his early USNTDP commitment

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Another name to keep an eye on is Jack Eichel from the Boston Jr. Bruins Empire team, an Oct '96 which I think makes him a 2015 eligible draftee. Incredible talent, tore up the Junior B Nationals last year as one of the youngest players there, and according to some reports, the best player at the u15 national festival this year.

Here's an article from nationals this past year about him
http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Usahockey.aspx?NAV=PL_02_09&id=303432

Credit to this thread and Bonney to some of the info
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=827822&page=13
The lowell sun article he links to is gone by the way indicating his early USNTDP commitment

yes i kknow Eichel...he is a great prospect up and cominig...I saw him last year play.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
here's parts of the article from the Lowell Sun:

Real deal

CHELMSFORD -- He hasn't even begun high school, but every Division 1 college hockey program knows -- or should know -- of him. He won't turn 15 until late October, but Jack Eichel has been the leading goal scorer at a national tournament loaded with 17, 18 and 19 year olds.

"He'll go to any college he wants to. I think he really has the potential to be a pro," his coach, Chris Masters said. "I don't think there's anybody at this point who doesn't know him. He's pretty special."

Last month, competing against his peers at USA Hockey's Select 15 Player Development Camp in Rochester, N.Y., the North Chelmsford resident was ranked the No. 1 performer by United States Hockey Report. (He played five games at the camp, the last four with a broken toe.)

Yeah, the 14-year-old Eichel has a bright future.
"I thought I did pretty well," Eichel said. "Not bad, I guess."

He is as modest as he is talented.

Eichel (pronounced eye-kell), who plays center and wing, will begin his freshman year
at Chelmsford High later this month, but he won't play hockey for the Lions. For the second straight year, he will skate for the Boston Junior Bruins Empire team, a squad he led to a national title last spring.

Then it will be off to Ann Arbor, Mich., where he has an offer to join USA Hockey's National Team Development Program.

After that? Expect a feeding frenzy among Division 1 college hockey powerhouses.

A year ago, he stood 5-foot-9 and weighed 145 pounds. Now he is 6 feet, 170 pounds, and still growing.

"I don't think there's really a ceiling," said Masters, his coach with the Junior Bruins. "If there's a Division 1 hockey program in this country that doesn't offer him, I think they should have their head examined."

National champion

He showed a knack for scoring and drew the interest of the Boston Junior Bruins. He was 13 late last summer when he joined the Junior Bruins in a league which allows players up to age 20 to play. He failed to score a goal in his first 13 games.

Following a rough weekend in New Jersey against the aptly-named Hitmen, a two-game series in which he was hit all over the ice and failed to register a point, he drove home with his family when his father, Bob, asked if joining the Junior Bruins was too big a jump.

"It was really frustrating," Eichel said. "I was used to scoring regularly."

Eichel didn't quit, however, and by the end of the regular season the youngest player on the team had collected 36 points in 40 games. He was far from satisfied -- and far from done scoring.

At the USA Hockey Junior B National Tournament, the tournament's youngest player caught fire. In six games, he finished with nine goals (most in the tournament) and 15 points (second most).

"It was really something else," Masters said.

"I was trying to keep my game simple. To say the least, I was lucky," countered Eichel. "I started to get more comfortable."

In the semifinals, with the game tied in overtime, Eichel circled the net and stuffed a shot past the Long Island goaltender, putting his team in the national finals.

"It was a real highlight-reel goal," Masters said.

In the championship game, the Junior Bruins topped the New Hampshire Junior Monarchs in a 3-2 double-overtime classic in which Eichel netted a goal and assist.

"It was incredible. It shows you how much our team came along," he said.
Counting playoffs, he averaged a point a game in 63 games.

Leaving his mark

Eichel made his presence known during the first game of the Select 15 camp. Playing against kids his own age for a change, he dominated with a two-goal, two-assist performance. After the game, players from his team staged a water balloon fight. Eichel took off his shoes and, with an embarrassing grin, he tells how he struck his foot against a sewer drain.

The pain was excruciating. He was told that he had broken a toe. However, he kept icing the injury and a trainer taped two of his toes together, limiting the pain. He played in the rest of his team's practices and four games.

At week's end, a United States Hockey Report staff member ranked the camp's top 50 players and ranked Eichel the best overall player and No. 1 forward.

"I guess that's a pretty good compliment," he said, "to have someone list me the top kid out there. There were so many good kids out there. It definitely motivates you. Just because you're the top player, that doesn't mean you're going to stay there."

That's where hard work comes in and Eichel isn't afraid to work.

Last week, he worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for two hours at Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning in North Andover. He also skated for an hour Tuesday and Thursday night with several college and pro players at Stoneham Arena.

Looks like the kid is gonna be something special. Should be interesting to watch develop.

Last edited:

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Two really standout 1997-born in tv-pucken (a tournament for u-16 kids) the d-man Ludvig Collberg (Sebastian Collbergs brother) and Oliver Kylington. They where two of the top defenseman in the tournament even though they where one year younger than everyone else, finnishing fourth and sixth in the d-mens scoringrace. Both players will play in the j-18 league even though they are 14 years old.

The lateborn 1998 Adam Thilander, also had a good tournament production wise and will play in the j-18 league this year. He very recently turned 13 and isn't eligble until 2017 (makes you feel old)

Philip Magnusson from Rögle is probably one of the best forwards in the 1997 agegroup, he had a decent tournament (8games, 8 points) and will play for Rögles j-18 team this year.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Two really standout 1997-born in tv-pucken (a tournament for u-16 kids) the d-man Ludvig Collberg (Sebastian Collbergs brother) and Oliver Kylington. They where two of the top defenseman in the tournament even though they where one year younger than everyone else, finnishing fourth and sixth in the d-mens scoringrace. Both players will play in the j-18 league even though they are 14 years old.

The lateborn 1998 Adam Thilander, also had a good tournament production wise and will play in the j-18 league this year. He very recently turned 13 and isn't eligble until 2017 (makes you feel old)

Philip Magnusson from Rögle is probably one of the best forwards in the 1997 agegroup, he had a decent tournament (8games, 8 points) and will play for Rögles j-18 team this year.

There are also a lot of late born 1996 players from Sweden that look promising so far.

Most notable 1996 born, eligible for the 2015 draft:

Fredrik Forsberg, C. Filip Forsbergs little brother. Just as talented but plays center.
Dmytro Timashov, LW. Very very skilled with the puck. Don't know if he will play for Sweden though.
Petter Mäkitalo, LW. Hard working sniper.
Anton Karlsson, RW
Robin Kovacs, LW
Gustaf Franzén, RW
Erik Santesson, LW
Rasmus Andersson, D

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Late born 96' Ryan Pilon is still with Lethbridge in the WHL. From the descriptors I've heard he sounds a little like Ekblad, (6'2'', 190 lbs) basically ready to play CHL this year but the dub doesn't have an exception rule (that i've ever heard of anyhow). Any Alberta posters here that have seen him play?

EDIT: Just thought I'd add- anyone who follows the U-17 tournament will possibly be able to see him with team West. They take some of the top regional midgets every year but rarely underagers (St Croix is the only recent one I can think of)

Last edited:

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Late born 96' Ryan Pilon is still with Lethbridge in the WHL. From the descriptors I've heard he sounds a little like Ekblad, (6'2'', 190 lbs) basically ready to play CHL this year but the dub doesn't have an exception rule (that i've ever heard of anyhow). Any Alberta posters here that have seen him play?

EDIT: Just thought I'd add- anyone who follows the U-17 tournament will possibly be able to see him with team West. They take some of the top regional midgets every year but rarely underagers (St Croix is the only recent one I can think of)

Hockey Canada determines whether a player can gain exceptional status. Ekblad and Tavares applied to Hockey Canada as opposed to the OHL.

hockey4life13

May 2, 2011
Not sure how you can say Deschenes(note the correct spelling) is now quite average in size. Just saw him at the midget AAA camp ( made the team) and at 14 , second year Bantam age he is now 5'11" and 200lbs of pure muscle. Not sure I have seen many other boys in the Maritimes that age , that size.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Are there any Finnish prospects that have already done attention by their game, besides Aleksi Saarela? I have heard that Julius Nättinen is doing well at junior C level. He already has very good size (6´1" according to Eliteprospects). Just would be interesting if someone could throw some other Finnish names. :)

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Are there any Finnish prospects that have already done attention by their game, besides Aleksi Saarela? I have heard that Julius Nättinen is doing well at junior C level. He already has very good size (6´1" according to Eliteprospects). Just would be interesting if someone could throw some other Finnish names. :)

It’s early and I have only seen a portion of the early front-runners so far, but smooth skating defenseman Veeti Vainio from Blues might be worth keeping an eye on. Another Blues player; forward Joonas Niemelä played a few exhibition games with Jr.B, but seems to be off to a slow start in Jr.C. I have slightly mixed feelings about Julius Nättinen, it’s hard to put this into words but he seems to be lacking some sharpness in his movement and play with the puck. In addition his level of involvement isn’t always that high, perhaps his coordination is still recovering from fast growth. From other northern players Sebastian Aho has started the season well statistically, but for example Jonne Tammela is equally talented, he just isn’t getting similar support from his team.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
It’s early and I have only seen a portion of the early front-runners so far, but smooth skating defenseman Veeti Vainio from Blues might be worth keeping an eye on. Another Blues player; forward Joonas Niemelä played a few exhibition games with Jr.B, but seems to be off to a slow start in Jr.C. I have slightly mixed feelings about Julius Nättinen, it’s hard to put this into words but he seems to be lacking some sharpness in his movement and play with the puck. In addition his level of involvement isn’t always that high, perhaps his coordination is still recovering from fast growth. From other northern players Sebastian Aho has started the season well statistically, but for example Jonne Tammela is equally talented, he just isn’t getting similar support from his team.

Thanks for the quick response. Those players that you mentioned sound pretty interesting.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There are also a lot of late born 1996 players from Sweden that look promising so far.

Most notable 1996 born, eligible for the 2015 draft:

Fredrik Forsberg, C. Filip Forsbergs little brother. Just as talented but plays center.

Another Forsberg?
hm, lets see. We have Peter Forsberg, we all know, who is this guy.
Then there are prospects Alex Forsberg, Filip Forsberg and now Fredrik Forsberg... It will be funny, if all of them will play in one team...

krax

Jul 25, 2007
Here are a few kids that turned some heads recently. I believe they are 2015 eligible although Godbout may not be.
This was taken from a Quebec publication RDS Hockey.

Marcel Godbout de Detroit Belle Tire ( hé bien non, il ne parle pas le français)

Anthony Siderio des Flyers de Philadelphie

Maxime Chevalier des petits Remparts

Connor McDavid de York Simcoe Express

Travis Dermott de York Simcoe Express

Dylan Fouts des Penguins de Pittsburgh

Ivan Nikolishin de Moscou

Merci de me publier !!

This guy was already mentioned two years ago:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=665676&page=3
Not without reason IMO

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Bump. Any Americans who are highly touted? I know I've put this in several places but I really need the info.

buffaloburger

Jan 7, 2011
Marcel Godbout de Detroit Belle Tire ( hé bien non, il ne parle pas le français)

Godbout, Siderio and Fouts are U.S. born players while Chevalier will be drafted in the Q in 2012. Siderio I believe is playing in Canada(toronto). Dermott is Canadian still with York Simcoe and McDavid plays with Marlies.
I have heard of Nikolishin as well, but have not seen him play. All will get drafted early in 2012 CHL or be highly sought after by ncaa.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007

Godbout, Siderio and Fouts are U.S. born players while Chevalier will be drafted in the Q in 2012. Siderio I believe is playing in Canada(toronto). Dermott is Canadian still with York Simcoe and McDavid plays with Marlies.
I have heard of Nikolishin as well, but have not seen him play. All will get drafted early in 2012 CHL or be highly sought after by ncaa.

is maxime chevalier a late 96?

buffaloburger

Jan 7, 2011
Chevalier April 96
Dermott Dec 96
McDavid Jan 97
Fouts Feb 96

Not sure of the others. That would make Dermott and McDavid eligible for nhl draft in 2015, the others in 2014.

MNHOCKEYPROSPECTS

Nov 11, 2009
St. Paul, Minnesota
Here are some pics of Nathan Noel of Shattuck St. Mary’s Bantam tier-1 program. He has looked very good in my viewings so far this season. More of a playmaker than a finisher at this point of his development. His puck control skills are amazing.

-Nathan Noel

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I think it was a post from Mr. Scoutman 1 but he said the three best Canadians are Matthew Barzal, Nathan Noel, and Connor McDavid. Obviously early but can anyone give any comparisons to present day NHL'ers or details about their style of play from any viewings recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad