Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Nichuskin on the block.

No, it was just people taking a quote from Larry Brooks out of context.

Brooks was wondering if Dallas would trade Nichushkin for Yandle, and then everyone reported it as "Brooks says Dallas offered Nichushkin for Yandle!!!". Brooks was simply talking about the kinds of offers that would incentivise the Rangers to deal Yandle.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
pageau isnt playing on the top unit though

and i agree we need to be blaming cameron, im still on board with getting rid of cameron, issue is with cameron being 'really good buddies' with melnyk and with us going through coaches like candy i dont see it happening

thats why im for the money ball approach, either coach starts using some common sense or we trade pieces so he is forced to use comoon sense

also side note on pageau i dont think he has consistently gotten more ice time then our top 6 forwards like smith has so i dont understand that argument

I support keeping Smith & when people state they want to get rid of Smith than I say we should get rid of Pageau who everybody on here loves as a counter arguement. People have their favourites as I do & mine are the tougher players, I don't care for small soft skilled players unless they produce consistently & play a 200' game. Pageau does play a good 200' game no argument there but I use him as an example to counter any argument against Smith who IMO is more valuable than Pageau to this team.

Smith is playing on the top unit because he is producing on the top unit & his 14 goals say as much which I guess just gall some on here. If he wasn't producing he would be back on the 4th line & DC has put him back there a few times. We have heard it many times that players will decide how much ice time they will get & where they will play & the coach has decided because of Smith's great play that he deserves to play there & I support it whole heartedly. If other players would play better than they would get an opportunity to play with better players, Dzingel has played pretty good & was rewarded to play with Ryan & Zibanejad but he will have to produce consistently to stay there.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Sens management needs to at least see what could be had for Smith. He isn't a core piece and to expect him to have finally found a consistent game at this point is overly optimistic. He's having a lot of luck scoring goals right now, some weak goals, some going off of him in front. Good for him and good for the team, but that won't continue. If he was shooting as he normally does, he has 6-7 goals and 12-13 points. The rest of his game is fine, and I do blame Cameron and not him for too much PP time and whatnot, but Murray would be smart to at least see what trade value he has. Paul, Lazar and Pageau should be able to do a lot of what he does, so it's not as if it would create a big hole in the lineup.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I support keeping Smith & when people state they want to get rid of Smith than I say we should get rid of Pageau who everybody on here loves as a counter arguement. People have their favourites as I do & mine are the tougher players, I don't care for small soft skilled players unless they produce consistently & play a 200' game. Pageau does play a good 200' game no argument there but I use him as an example to counter any argument against Smith who IMO is more valuable than Pageau to this team.

Smith is playing on the top unit because he is producing on the top unit & his 14 goals say as much which I guess just gall some on here. If he wasn't producing he would be back on the 4th line & DC has put him back there a few times. We have heard it many times that players will decide how much ice time they will get & where they will play & the coach has decided because of Smith's great play that he deserves to play there & I support it whole heartedly. If other players would play better than they would get an opportunity to play with better players, Dzingel has played pretty good & was rewarded to play with Ryan & Zibanejad but he will have to produce consistently to stay there.

The funny thing is that Smith's points in the top 6 are the by-product of JGP and Stone. The player you want to get rid of.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Way to much focus on Smith IMO. He is a bottom 6 player and one of our better ones. When someone can really replace him , let it happen. Paul, Lazar, White cannot now. Lets see how they do. When we have to move someone we will.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Way to much focus on Smith IMO. He is a bottom 6 player and one of our better ones. When someone can really replace him , let it happen. Paul, Lazar, White cannot now. Lets see how they do. When we have to move someone we will.

While I agree with you, I think McCormick can play that role of 4rth line C.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
No, it was just people taking a quote from Larry Brooks out of context.

Brooks was wondering if Dallas would trade Nichushkin for Yandle, and then everyone reported it as "Brooks says Dallas offered Nichushkin for Yandle!!!". Brooks was simply talking about the kinds of offers that would incentivise the Rangers to deal Yandle.

FLA beat writer seems to think he is.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
FLA beat writer seems to think he is.

Hard to tell whether or not Florida's beat writer is just taking cues from everyone else who misquoted Brooks, though.

The fact that no one was seriously talking about Nichushkin before the Brooks quote leads me to believe that it's just a big messy game of Broken Telephone. Just my read on it, though.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Are you unaware that BM at the beginning of this season extended Boro with a new 3 yr extension? Are you unaware that the coach, the GM & his teammates love this guy? I am willing to bet $100 right now with anyone that Boro will not be traded from this team this season or this summer & will be in the lineup for next yr. This organization love this guy more than Wiercioch, more than Wideman & more than Claesson, they are not going to move him even though this board hates him. They see his hits, his blocked shots, his fights, his leadership & his defensive play as valuable to the team, more valuable in fact than anything else the other three bring which is why he is in the lineup & they are not.

Yes, I know the GM, coach, and sadly even the players love boro, and it scares me and pisses me off to no ends. Sadly I also know he won't miss any games, and start next season unless he gets injured.

Don't you think his hits are more of a factor to the lack of the possession the team has when he is on the ice? Same for Neil who also isn't a NHL calibre player. What defensive play are you talking about? Getting walked by other teams speedsters?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If I were GM, I'd probably not be entirely pleased with a player trying to tell me how to do my job, in public, through the media.

I mean, maybe that wasn't Boro's intent, but there is definitely a context there in which I could see his boss being pissed about this.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If I were GM, I'd probably not be entirely pleased with a player trying to tell me how to do my job, in public, through the media.

I mean, maybe that wasn't Boro's intent, but there is definitely a context there in which I could see his boss being pissed about this.

Well his bosses have put him on this sky high pedestal. Wouldn't be surprised if he can't fit his was through a doorway.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Yes, I know the GM, coach, and sadly even the players love boro, and it scares me and pisses me off to no ends. Sadly I also know he won't miss any games, and start next season unless he gets injured.

Man, what do you know? Seriously. NOTHING. Why is it SAD that the players love the guy? Maybe he's an awesome, all heart team-mate that energizes the room and gives everything he has every night. Maybe they respect that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
In my career of competitive sports. Personally. I hated the low skill guys that thought they were essential to the team.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Man boro apparenltly does not stop shutting the **** up.

:laugh::laugh: what is this supposed to mean haha

Imagine we get Drouin for Wiercioch + Prince + prospect :amazed:

I would carry a laminated picture of Murray with me at all times if that happens.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In my career of competitive sports. Personally. I hated the low skill guys that thought they were essential to the team.

Sometimes they are.... BTW any team you would have played on with Boro you would have been the low skilled guy, i guarantee he wasnt hating on the players that were less skilled than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad