Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
And again, McKenzie lets us know what many here knew to be true in that pretty much every single team is in on or really wants Drouin and there have been 10-12 SIGNIFICANT offers on him. So much for the "pathetic, cry baby, 1-dimensional small player" rhetoric that was rampant here.

All of that is still true.

He has significant attitude issues, whining at home right now about being too good for the AHL (as he showed with his whopping 3 points in 7 games this year)

He is still a one-dimensional player that makes flashy high-risk plays and ignores his defensive responsibilities

He hasn't grown in height since this news came out, so obviously he's still below-average size.

No one is trying to demonize him here. He's got high-end offensive potential, but there is a reason he isn't in the NHL right now. There are significant faults in his game that need to be corrected. I think he'll figure out the rest of his game and become a top 6 LW, but I think he's being overrated many around here, who see his highlight videos and assume he is a superstar in the making.

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not sure I am allowed to post a link, but here's where he makes some comments:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=133242&forum_id=1

He throws out A LOT of info, he has been very close or right on the ball a few times so he definitely has some insider info, although maybe sometimes his source (friend?) throws out random info to not make him look too legit.

Says roster playerS. Just spitballing, but maybe it's going to include several pieces going both ways. Something like Lazar+Prince+pick for Drouin+Condra.

Don't like/want Condra back, but maybe he can help the PK, which has been horrible, have to think Condra leaving has at least a small effect on it. Maybe Murray has the same kind of thought process as me.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
All of that is still true.

He has significant attitude issues, whining at home right now about being too good for the AHL (as he showed with his whopping 3 points in 7 games this year)

He is still a one-dimensional player that makes flashy high-risk plays and ignores his defensive responsibilities

He hasn't grown in height since this news came out, so obviously he's still below-average size.

No one is trying to demonize him here. He's got high-end offensive potential, but there is a reason he isn't in the NHL right now. There are significant faults in his game that need to be corrected. I think he'll figure out the rest of his game and become a top 6 LW, but I think he's being overrated many around here, who see his highlight videos and assume he is a superstar in the making.

Fair enough

Point is that he isn't worth squat as many here believed.

There are also those who have watched him, including pretty much all NHL teams, who believe he is a star in the making.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Someone had posted comments from Murray (via Garrioch) about zibanejad possibly being available?
Link? Or anyone know what that was about?

Garrioch started this over the weekend I believe, by suggesting Zibanejad was a disappointment and could be moved.

Then a couple of days later wrote a subsequent article that there would be calls on Zibanejad but there was no indication the Senators were interested in moving him.

Which is it Brucie????? :laugh::laugh:.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Murray better not trade Zib for Drouin, unless there's more coming along with Drouin AND we have another deal in place for a young 2nd line center like Schenn

Really hoping the offer on the table is based around Lazar for Drouin.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Weircioch was part of the deal I'm willing to bet. He holds some value and is still young.

He throws out A LOT of info, he has been very close or right on the ball a few times so he definitely has some insider info, although maybe sometimes his source (friend?) throws out random info to not make him look too legit.

Says roster playerS. Just spitballing, but maybe it's going to include several pieces going both ways. Something like Lazar+Prince+pick for Drouin+Condra.

Don't like/want Condra back, but maybe he can help the PK, which has been horrible, have to think Condra leaving has at least a small effect on it. Maybe Murray has the same kind of thought process as me.

Tbay is in a cap crunch. so to ship send them 2.0 mil in Wier, and 894k in Lazar, or Prince's 700k we'd need to take something back above and beyond Drouin's hit which doesn't count against TBay right now, and I wouldn't consider any of them as signifcant assets.

If Zibanejad is included, they'd need to find 2.6K to ship back with Drouin.

Only contracts I can think of that they'd want to unload is Carle, and Condra.

So... Wier and Zibanejad for Carle, Drouin....

Not sure I'd do that.

Drouin, Condra for Lazar 2017 first? Much more palatable, but I don't think Tbay does it.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So, a poster called Cup06 on the hockeybuzz site who posts in the Sens threads, who has in the past showed he has some inside info, has said that Sens have offered the best package for Drouin and that it does not include one of White, Ceci, Chabot or the 2016 1st. Stevie Y is holding out though hoping for a west team to match the Sens offer since he would rather move him out west.

"Yes but I'm not permitted to go there. I will say current roster players"

In another post, he says he could see Smith/Neil bundled and sent out West, which might make it safe to assume that neither are the "current roster players" involved.

That probably makes the shortlist of guys who could be moved who are current roster players as Lazar, Wiercioch, Prince, Wideman, Paul, Zibanejad, or Chiasson.

I don't think any of the top 6/top 4 (minus maybe Zibanejad), Pageau, or Boro get moved.

Lazar makes sense as a centre piece. As much as the Senators seem to love him, I would guess that he has the most positive trade value. As in, his value as a trade piece is probably higher than what his long term value would be based on his potential.

I don't think it is Zibanejad, because if Ottawa was dangling Zibanejad+ for Drouin, I just can't see Yzerman turing that down. Maybe I am wrong though.

I would guess based on the description of current roster players, it would be Lazar+Wiercioch+Prince for Drouin + contract dumps or a roster player. TB apparently is linked to Schultz because they need a LD, Prince is waiver bait if Drouin is acquired because of the numbers, and Lazar would be the main piece.

I'm probably way off. It would be exciting if they got Drouin without having to give up one of Chabot/White/upcoming 1st.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
The Sens offer looks like:

From the Sens pick three from these two lists:

NHL now: Smith, Chiasson, Prince, Wiercioch
NHL soon: Paul, Puempel, Englund, Claesson

Tampa doesn't like this but doesn't have a better offer on the table

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Someone had posted comments from Murray (via Garrioch) about zibanejad possibly being available?
Link? Or anyone know what that was about?

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Chiasson to the Habs for a $10 Schwartz's gift certificate and a 30 minute interactive seminar with Michel T. about rispeckt... mmmmmm... smoked meat.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Zibby is worth more than Drouin. Ceci or Lazar maybe?

I'm beating a dead horse but Ceci, value wise he's close, but he's not getting traded because of the gaping hole it would create.

Lazar+ (a small plus) makes a lot of sense to me though.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Tbay is in a cap crunch. so to ship send them 2.0 mil in Wier, and 894k in Lazar, or Prince's 700k we'd need to take something back above and beyond Drouin's hit which doesn't count against TBay right now, and I wouldn't consider any of them as signifcant assets.

If Zibanejad is included, they'd need to find 2.6K to ship back with Drouin.

Only contracts I can think of that they'd want to unload is Carle, and Condra.

So... Wier and Zibanejad for Carle, Drouin....

Not sure I'd do that.

I'm not sure exactly how rookie cap hits with performance bonuses factor in when rookies fail to hit those bonuses, but Drouin's AAV is 3M. I don't know if Tampa is just on the hook for his base salary since he probably won't hit any bonuses sitting in the AHL, or if the cap hit ends up being 3M regardless.

There's no way Ottawa takes back Carle who makes 5.5M for another two seasons after this one.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I'm not sure exactly how rookie cap hits with performance bonuses factor in when rookies fail to hit those bonuses, but Drouin's AAV is 3M. I don't know if Tampa is just on the hook for his base salary since he probably won't hit any bonuses sitting in the AHL, or if the cap hit ends up being 3M regardless.

There's no way Ottawa takes back Carle who makes 5.5M for another two seasons after this one.

If a performance bonus is not hit it does not count against hte cap whatsoever. AAV is only used for the performance bonus cushion calculation, otherwise it is their cap hit value. If they hit their bonus it is tacked on at seasons end to the teams cap hit

A team can have a roster that can exceed the cap if all players hit their performance bonuses by 7.5% of the cap ceiling

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Fair enough

Point is that he isn't worth squat as many here believed.

There are also those who have watched him, including pretty much all NHL teams, who believe he is a star in the making.

Think this is a bit of a stretch!!

If there were GMs that believed he was a star in the making they would have made a deal by now.

Fact is he has potential and some warts, so while GMs are kicking the tires, they obviously have reservations and aren't willing to pay like he is a sure thing.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Dear god I hope Zib doesn't get moved for Drouin. JGP as 2C would not be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad