Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
man that's barely one sandwich.

at $17/lb of meat, I'd take no less than a $200 gift card for Chiasson.

Hmmmm... I agree, but for $200 you might have to take back a bad contract from Schwartz's... they've got a few 4th line (dishwasher) scrubs signed to horrible bridge contracts I hear.

For realz: If Sens can get anything for Alex "don't call me Steve" Chiasson, please do it.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not sure exactly how rookie cap hits with performance bonuses factor in when rookies fail to hit those bonuses, but Drouin's AAV is 3M. I don't know if Tampa is just on the hook for his base salary since he probably won't hit any bonuses sitting in the AHL, or if the cap hit ends up being 3M regardless.

There's no way Ottawa takes back Carle who makes 5.5M for another two seasons after this one.

Tampa is on the hook for none of Drouin's cap hit while he's in the minors. If he were playing with the big club, the team would be able to go above the cap by the amount of his bonus, however should he earn the bonus money, it would count against next years cap. Since there is no way he'll hit the bonus benchmarks with ~20 games left, it's not really relevant. He's essensially a max ELC base salary contract.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Someone had posted comments from Murray (via Garrioch) about zibanejad possibly being available?
Link? Or anyone know what that was about?

I don't recall Murray making comments about it, just posters here speculating that Garrioch is sometimes a mouth piece for the organization used to pre-condition fans to accepting trades.....

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-boston-bruins-ottawa-senators/2016/02/22/ said:
Teams will be calling the Senators before the deadline about Mika Zibanejad, and you would have to think that GM Bryan Murray would listen on pretty much everyone. They like Zibanejad, but he’s been inconsistent. They should be able to get a good return for him due to his upside potential if they decide to move him.

Sounds like complete fluff to me. Ottawa doesn't need a top 4 defender anymore, and unless they have reason to think Zibanejad is much worse than he's actually looked thus far in his career, why would they even consider trading him when they are likely to get back lesser pieces? I guess there could be a change of scenery type thing done, but other than Drouin, what team realistically has a player of similar value that Ottawa could swap with where it would benefit both teams?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Think this is a bit of a stretch!!

If there were GMs that believed he was a star in the making they would have made a deal by now.

Fact is he has potential and some warts, so while GMs are kicking the tires, they obviously have reservations and aren't willing to pay like he is a sure thing.

McKenzie said today there are 10-12 teams with significant offers for Drouin. Yzerman hasn't budged. What "significant" entails is yet to be seen.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Chiasson to the Habs for a $10 Schwartz's gift certificate and a 30 minute interactive seminar with Michel T. about rispeckt... mmmmmm... smoked meat.

Gotta get back someone who wears 90 so that they don't have to waste the warehouse of Chiasson jerseys they have left.

So Chiasson for Ryan O'Reilly straight up?

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
McKenzie said today there are 10-12 teams with significant offers for Drouin. Yzerman hasn't budged. What "significant" entails is yet to be seen.

I'm sure the 10 - 12 GMs all believe their offer is significant based on their evaluation of the player and the risk involved.

However Yzerman obviously doesn't believe they are significant enough and that is the only person that matters for a deal to get done.

Reality is Yzerman doesn't have to do anything now and can afford to wait at least until the draft.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yzerman isn't completely safe to just sit on Drouin. A player who's just been sitting around for months regardless of skill level isn't one that will be attractive to many teams. He'd probably have to convince Drouin to play somehow to recoup value.

The longer this goes on, the worse for Yzerman. And let's face it worse for Drouin too. He's missing a lot of valuable development time.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Zib is currently our highest scoring center. He has the most game winning goals in the entire team. Hes the youngest of all of our centers, has shown to be the most productive center at his age than any of our other centers. Hes the only center thats over 6'1 that can play in our top 6. So why exactly are we moving him again? because hes 22 and not a #1 center yet? News flash no one in that draft has developed into a #1 center yet. Not even the first overall pick.

If there is any center to move is Zack Smith, sell high here. Hes shooting at an unsustainable clip of 20%. Great cap hit for a cup contender and might fetch you a 1st rounder. Not trade our youngest and most productive center.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Any interest in Russell if he's avail? I'd imagine his worth would be greater than Polak though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Any interest in Russell if he's avail? I'd imagine his worth would be greater than Polak though.

Like... as a UFA?

Probably not, especially now that we've already made a move and considerable cap commitment to Phaneuf.

I imagine he'll get at least $4mil on the open market, on top of a significant term (minimum 4 years, possibly even 5 or 6), and we can't afford to give that to someone who would be a 3rd pairing defenceman on our team.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Yzerman isn't completely safe to just sit on Drouin. A player who's just been sitting around for months regardless of skill level isn't one that will be attractive to many teams. He'd probably have to convince Drouin to play somehow to recoup value.

The longer this goes on, the worse for Yzerman. And let's face it worse for Drouin too. He's missing a lot of valuable development time.

Not necessarily true. I figure contending teams probably arent in on Drouin, so the prospective teams that would acquire him wont need immediate success. They care how he produces in year 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. Missing half a season at most hurts, but its not an end all be all.

And if there are truly 10-12 teams who have offers in on him, I bet Stevie Y is waiting on one of them to get antsy and up their package just a tad, and I think someone will. Or he could be completely bluffing...only he knows.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Loooool bros lets calm down with all this Zibby talk.

Is there a center out there available better than Zibanejad of whom we are going to acquire?

No? Then don't bring his name up.

Turris
Pageau
Lazar
Smith/White

Oh my someone shoot me now.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If Buffalo can get a 3rd for Mike Weber we can do better with Wiercioch.

I'm aware that Buf retained some salary but Wiercioch is better than Weber.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't recall Murray making comments about it, just posters here speculating that Garrioch is sometimes a mouth piece for the organization used to pre-condition fans to accepting trades.....

Sounds like complete fluff to me. Ottawa doesn't need a top 4 defender anymore, and unless they have reason to think Zibanejad is much worse than he's actually looked thus far in his career, why would they even consider trading him when they are likely to get back lesser pieces? I guess there could be a change of scenery type thing done, but other than Drouin, what team realistically has a player of similar value that Ottawa could swap with where it would benefit both teams?

I agree, Ottawa needs a top line centre & while Turris is a decent centre Ottawa doesn't have another guy ready to step into the top line or 2nd line centre spot. Most teams are looking for a top line centre or a top 4 defenceman so moving Zibanejad would be easy but replacing Zibanejad would be very difficult & Drouin doesn't play centre. I'd rather have an underperforming Zibanejad than an unproven Drouin anyway & IMO Zibanejad has a lot more to give, he's still learning. I think BM made his move when he traded for Phaneuf & I would be surprised if he does anything else at the deadline.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If Buffalo can get a 3rd for Mike Weber we can do better with Wiercioch.

I'm aware that Buf retained some salary but Wiercioch is better than Weber.

ill take a third for wier haha, wier is slightly better but we arent retaining salary so im sure it balances out

unfortunately 'wier' has potential

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
I agree with the theory that the team said they were receiving call on Zibanejad to see if it motivates him. He's not bad but we've seen him play better. The team needs him to take the next step.

This tactic is not uncommon. Colorado did it earlier this year with Matt Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca