2015-16 AHL affiliate - San Diego Gulls: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Oof. 5 and a game for Corey Tropp. BJ saying it's an iffy call, but ya know, homers. Awaiting Hans' take.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Gulls just killed 4:30 of a minute Major on Tropp to end the 2nd period. This one is over.
Wagner makes a big difference for this team on face offs especially on the PK on draws in their own end. I think he took every faceoff in the last 5 minutes of that period.

Last edited:

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Oof. 5 and a game for Corey Tropp. BJ saying it's an iffy call, but ya know, homers. Awaiting Hans' take.

I didn't see the infraction itself, it was in a gaggle of bodies from my point of view. The T-Star in question was down on the ice for a while, so I'm not jumping on it being a weak call. There have been a couple of headscratchers of both calls and non-calls, but without personal direct observation, I'm afraid I'll have to defer to the officials.

Morin took an interference penalty with 1.3 seconds left in the period and 13 seconds left on the Tropp major, so the Gulls have been able to hold off the T-Stars PP quite effectively. The shorthander the Gulls scored to make it 4-1 may be in the T-Stars' heads.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Kase adds a third Gulls power play to the lead. 5-1 Gulls.

Ontario scored to make it 3-1 with just a couple minutes left to play. Bring on an Ontario v SD war!

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I won't be in Ontario on Thursday, but hoping to be there on Sunday -- and of course will be at the even-numbered games in San Diego.

I'm curious as to how this retooled lineup will do against the size and toughness of the Reign, and how effective it will be against Budaj, who is a pretty tough nut to crack generally at the AHL level. Here's REALLY hoping that Khudobin is good to go by Thursday -- if he's not, then Budaj-Hackett becomes a MAJOR advantage at the goaltending position to Ontario.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

PGP 4/29/16 - Gulls win 6-2, take the series 3-1!

200.gif

STATISTICS

HIGHLIGHTS

GAME RECAP

TOP SCORERS

PLAYOFF SCHEDULE

STARS OF THE GAME:

Matt Hackett, Joseph Cramarossa, Chris Mueller

SERIES RESULTS:

Game 1: GULLS @ STARS - 4/21/16 -- 3-1
Game 2: GULLS @ STARS - 4/23/16 -- 1-5
Game 3: STARS @ GULLS - 4/28/16 -- 1-6
Game 4: STARS @ GULLS - 4/29/16 -- 2-6

WCSF SCHEDULE:

Game 1: GULLS @ REIGN - 5/5/16 - 7:00 PM
Game 2: REIGN @ GULLS - 5/7/16 - 7:05 PM
Game 3: GULLS @ REIGN - 5/8/16 - 7:00 PM
Game 4: REIGN @ GULLS - 5/13/16 - 7:05 PM
*Game 5: GULLS @ REIGN - 5/14/16 - 7:00 PM
*Game 6: REIGN @ GULLS - 5/16/16 - 7:05 PM
*Game 7: GULLS @ REIGN - 5/18/16 - 7:00 PM

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org

Uh-oh... this does not bode well for Doby's health, especially as the Grizz are in the middle of a second-round playoff series against Fort Wayne. :cry:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Uh-oh... this does not bode well for Doby's health, especially as the Grizz are in the middle of a second-round playoff series against Fort Wayne. :cry:

Well then, unless Tokarski makes a miracle recovery, I guess it's the Matt Hackett show from this point on.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Get well soon, Dobby. Do not like our boys' chances vs Ontario with Hackett between the pipes.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Get well soon, Dobby. Do not like our boys' chances vs Ontario with Hackett between the pipes.

I was REALLY afraid myself -- I'm still not confident, but I went back over the regular-season head-to-head record between the teams, taking into account which goalies played.

Of the twelve games, three were of other matchups (Budaj/Faragher 1, Budaj/Gibson 1, Houser/Hackett 1).

There were seven games that were Budaj/Khudobin -- the Gulls won three in regulation, one in OT, and one in SO. The Reign won two in regulation.

There were two games that featured a Budaj/Hackett matchup. The teams actually split those games -- one of them, I think, gave Hackett a shutout.

So, I'm nervous about the series outcome if Hackett has to be the only starter, I won't lie... but it's not as sure a loss as some of us might be thinking.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I read somewhere that Larsson can opt out of the last year of his SHL deal and come to NA.
EDIT: I take it back, looks like he is staying in Sweden next year.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wow so he will come over to play for the SD? That`s news to me but it`s really great! I wonder how he will adapt to the situation. Pretty excited, the kid is a gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad