HIGHLIGHTS

GAME RECAP

AHL STANDINGS

TOP SCORERS

Stars of the game:

Kris Newbury, Peter Budaj, Nick Ritchie

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Of course the only home game I'm going to no Ritchie or Theodore lol.

Any chance Kevin Roy plays?

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Of course the only home game I'm going to no Ritchie or Theodore lol.

Any chance Kevin Roy plays?
Elsten said Sideroff is making his debut, and a total of 5 guys on ATOs will be in the line up. I'd bet Roy is one of those other 4.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Elsten said Sideroff is making his debut, and a total of 5 guys on ATOs will be in the line up. I'd bet Roy is one of those other 4.

They both were on the ice for warm ups. My guess is the five are Welinski, Kosilla, Cooper, Sideroff, and Roy. Neither O'Brien warmed up, nor did Bickel.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Hackett (our goalie) keeps trying to scrap the reign goalie every scrum hahahah

Montour is a beast

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Mcgratten scored game winning goal and then proceeded to skate reign bench and blow his stick blade in their face leading to a unsportsmanlike penalty hahahahaha

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
AHL Attendance Figures

To nobody's surprise, San Diego loves their AHL hockey. The Gulls' average home game attendance was 8765, good for second in the entire AHL. And to think this number will likely increase with the playoffs beginning shortly...

Makes me curious to know just how lucrative this franchise purchase has been for the Samuelis. Perhaps their profits haven't yet offset the initial purchase price but they will in due time.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
AHL Attendance Figures

To nobody's surprise, San Diego loves their AHL hockey. The Gulls' average home game attendance was 8765, good for second in the entire AHL. And to think this number will likely increase with the playoffs beginning shortly...

I wouldn't count on that. Playoff minor-league attendance usually takes a dive, especially in the first round, because of the lack of lead time of specific dates, which kills the group sales pretty badly - and minor-league teams don't have the draw despite uncertainty that the NHL teams do. At the mid-minors level, teams that are drawing 6k a night at the drop of a hat will have less than 2k show up for the first-round matchups. It's a thing.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Im sure every playoff game will be sold out, that place was going nuts I loved it.

You did get a really good taste of what it can be like down here for sure -- the third period of the regular-season finale was quite possibly the loudest I have _ever_ heard that arena, and I started going to games there in 1996. I'm _hoping_ we manage to defy the conventional wisdom about playoff drop-offs in attendance, for sure :)

Just imagine both arenas if the Reign and Gulls both advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino