Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals VII - and a title to be named later

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I'm kind of wondering about Joe Pavelski right now. All signs point to a deal with Edmonton, but the Sens have some very good young pieces that could speed up San Jose's retool. They aren't a bad team right now, but would probably think long and hard if the Sens made a deal that included some of our good young players. If what Murray said about the 1st and Lazar being untouchable is true, then Hall is not a possibility.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Even if it dips a bit, he will get more shots once he gets more ice time/power play time. This is a very good scorer we have on our hands. No one should be worried about his shooting %

i agree. The guy was comparing Yak to Hoff. Completely different situations. Hoff earned and had to work hard to become who he is. Yak was spoon fed success and threw it all up because he had no confidence.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
i agree. The guy was comparing Yak to Hoff. Completely different situations. Hoff earned and had to work hard to become who he is. Yak was spoon fed success and threw it all up because he had no confidence.

I think you have no clue of what you're talking about.

There's no way for you to know his state of mind or his confidence level.

Please stop talking like if you were in the room or his personal trainer.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think you have no clue of what you're talking about.

There's no way for you to know his state of mind or his confidence level.

Please stop talking like if you were in the room or his personal trainer.

i say confidence as a joke at oiler fans. Oiler fans blame all his failures on Eakins hurting his confidence lol Personally i just think flat out hes not good enough but i'm nice enough to accept oilers fans saying the reason he was bad is because eakins was mean. I'm willing to accept their explanation.

Should i change my statement to yak was spoon fed offensive ice time, elite linemates, no defensive responsibility, pp time and threw it all up?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Isn't Yak a real-life product of too much, too soon. I think he should have been held back, the way Draisaitl was this year.

Can he be reclaimed? Now that is the question to tempt other GMs

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Edmonton kept him up past his 9th game and only dealt with him after the injury. He played 35 or so, which I think gave him a taste, but was too rushed the way Yak was (imo). He's down now and that's a good thing. That's what I mean by held back.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We signed Brad Mills?? Is he covering for someone in the short-term that isn't dressing Thursday?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
File this under things that don't change a damn thing but for some reason people think is a big moment

It at least shows that Murray is willing to try to clean up his mistakes which I think he has been resistant to in the past.

Waiving Greening and dangling the Vets' names including the botched signing in Legwand a mere 7 or 8 months ago shows me that he knows it's time to move on. Especially if these guys think they have years left beyond this year and should be in the lineup every night.

I want to see bold moves at this point. Alfie moved on and showed us that loyalty isn't everything, and now it's time for us to stop being a mr.niceguy organization and play the best 18 players we have.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It at least shows that Murray is willing to try to clean up his mistakes which I think he has been resistant to in the past.

Waiving Greening and dangling the Vets' names including the botched signing in Legwand a mere 7 or 8 months ago shows me that he knows it's time to move on. Especially if these guys think they have years left beyond this year and should be in the lineup every night.

I want to see bold moves at this point. Alfie moved on and showed us that loyalty isn't everything, and now it's time for us to stop being a mr.niceguy organization and play the best 18 players we have.

Perception and reality aren't always the same. Murray knows Greening's contract is a sunk cost. Waiving him or not waiving him doesn't change that, it doesn't clean up a mistake, it doesn't do much of anything other than give the guy a chance to play hockey (in the AHL) and maybe salvage whatever potential career he has left. Doing this move earlier does little to nothing for the team, it's only being done now because we need the roster spot for Smith or Boro whenever they come back. There was literally no benefit to waiving him any earlier. This isn't about Murray being unwilling to clean up mistakes in the past; there has never until now been a reason we should have even considered waiving Greening. He realistically wasn't blocking anything (not on his own anyways) and there is no benefit of waiving him other than opening up a roster spot (now someone else will sit in the pressbox instead of him, woo hoo).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Perception and reality aren't always the same. Murray knows Greening's contract is a sunk cost. Waiving him or not waiving him doesn't change that, it doesn't clean up a mistake, it doesn't do much of anything other than give the guy a chance to play hockey (in the AHL) and maybe salvage whatever potential career he has left. Doing this move earlier does little to nothing for the team, it's only being done now because we need the roster spot for Smith or Boro whenever they come back. There was literally no benefit to waiving him any earlier. This isn't about Murray being unwilling to clean up mistakes in the past; there has never until now been a reason we should have even considered waiving Greening. He realistically wasn't blocking anything (not on his own anyways) and there is no benefit of waiving him other than opening up a roster spot (now someone else will sit in the pressbox instead of him, woo hoo).

You're absolutely right, but I think there's still merit in that Murray seems willing to make the right decisions for the organization as to who is on the 23 man roster and who's not regardless of their age or contract, they could have just as easily sent Pageau back down to clear a roster spot. With word he's willing to move Phillips, Neil, and Legwand, it seems like he wants the best players on the roster no matter their status. It's what's been most impressive about Cameron so far too, he doesn't give a **** who you are, the best players play... now management needs to have the same philosophy.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Maybe Leg would not have signed without having two years.

Maybe Murray knew that he can trade him at the deadline and getting a free pick.

Maybe Murray signed Leg as a long shot, he could have went back to be a 45-55 pts man and give leadership to our younger players.

Those are the reasons why Murray signed Leg and I can't see much negative about his tenure with the Sens.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Maybe Murray knew that he can trade him at the deadline and getting a free pick.

Maybe Murray signed Leg as a long shot, he could have went back to be a 45-55 pts man and give leadership to our younger players.

Those are the reasons why Murray signed Leg and I can't see much negative about his tenure with the Sens.

He's fine, but it hasn't worked out as well as expected. I'm not saying it was some huge mistake and it would be fine if we wait out the contract. He's just not one of our best 3 centers and I like that Murray is recognizing this and willing to move on especially considering our budget and needing to re-sign a much more important player in Methot. That 3.5 million could go a long way next year.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

leg was a low risk high reward signing that hasnt really reached total flop but isnt a total success imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad