Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals VII - and a title to be named later

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
My guesses:

Lehner (2.25)
Wiercioch (2.00)
Lazar (.894)
2015 1st Rnd

Total out: 5.144

or

Lehner (2.25)
Cowen (3.0)
Lazar (.894)
2 2015 2nds

Total out: 6.144

for

Hall (6.00)

Don't see Lazar being dealt. I could see Lehner, Cowen, Dallas 2nd/Bingo prospect for Hall

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I should have clarified.

When I say "massive", I mean there's pieces going both ways.

I don't typically get names so it's hard to say if it's a one-for-one thing, or a couple of pieces for a couple of pieces.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I'd risk no more then a second for Yak.

When you fail when given a chance with RNH
When you fail when given ample pp time
When you fail when given free reign to shoot as much you want
When you fail when given the best opportunities to score
I dont want you on the sens

When you are largely considered one of the worst defensive players in the league
When you are called mentality fragile by you're own fanbase who wants you to desperately succeed
When you miss the net and wiff on shots beyond what should be expected as a nhl top 6 talent
I dont want you on the sens

When the only argument oiler fans can say to refute all this is Eakins was mean and hurt his feelings...I dont want you on the sens espiecially after hearing in every second Eakins interview that he believes in Yak. Watching that eakins presser when he was fired gives no doubt in my mind that he was saying all the right things to try to motivate yak and constantly telling him he has what it takes. Yak in my mind had no confidence because whenever he stepped on the ice the puck would end up in his net. Not because Eakins.

Eakins was a terrible coach but i think people are to quick to blame Eakins for his failures

Lets not pretend Yak didnt have other russian around him either. Nikitin and Belov were both there and im sure there was a few others. Oiler fans say Yak is also been mentored by Hendricks so the lack of vets isnt a good excuse either in my mind.

Lehner is kind of similar as a goalie. Sadly... Though many here will surely disagree.

Hall would cost a crazy amount. Eberle less then Hall but a lot. If the Oilers want Lehner then Yak is lot more similar in value and it would be a smaller trade affecting less trade chips.

I think if we make a deal with the Oilers we probably would get Yak.. Not Hall or Eberle. I would be ok with that.

Lehner + something
yak plus one of Oiler goalies

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Perhaps we're just waiting on Richards to clear waivers before a Greening deal can go through....maybe we could get LA to eat about 2 million of his salary, if we throw in a half decent prospect along with Greening for him.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lehner is kind of similar as a goalie. Sadly... Though many here will surely disagree.

Hall would cost a crazy amount. Eberle less then Hall but a lot. If the Oilers want Lehner then Yak is lot more similar in value and it would be a smaller trade affecting less trade chips.

I think if we make a deal with the Oilers we probably would get Yak.. Not Hall or Eberle. I would be ok with that.

Lehner + something
yak plus one of Oiler goalies

explain how lehner is similar? Yak has been given the best opportunity to succeed and failed at every step. Lehner has been put behind a terrible defensive team and has had limited success. The number 1 factor in giving a goalie success is put him on a good defensive team. Goalies take much longer to develop too. I think the similarities are minimal at best especially since we need lehner and dont need Yak at all.

IMO Yak is basically a bust if he doesnt improve next year. Lehner can be just as bad next year and show only minuscule improvement in at back up role and it only makes me slightly more me more wary of keeping him. Goalies take far more time to develop then forwards. If Lehner was a stud at 23 he'd be an outlier if yak isnt producing at all at 23 as a 1st overall pick hes an outlier.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bring in Hall and grab Richards

Hall Turris Ryan
Grizz Richards Lazar

Eww... That's a terrible 2nd line.

Stay away from Richards... Damaged goods that makes Michalek and Legwand deals look like steals.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
explain how lehner is similar? Yak has been given the best opportunity to succeed and failed at every step. Lehner has been put behind a terrible defensive team. The number 1 factor in giving a goalie success is put him on a good defensive team. Goalies take much longer to develop too. I think the similarities are minimal at best especially since we need lehner and dont need Yak at all.

I disagree. Yakupov has been ruined by edmonton and Eakins.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Just like Turris had been ruined by Tippet?

Young player with lots of talent, can certainly be salvaged imo. Not sure Ottawa is the right place to do it though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Perhaps we're just waiting on Richards to clear waivers before a Greening deal can go through....maybe we could get LA to eat about 2 million of his salary, if we throw in a half decent prospect along with Greening for him.

In theory I don't absolutely hate this, but I'm definitely not hyping it. It seems kind of unnecessary when we're already looking for roster spots to keep guys like Pageau in the lineup.

Of course, this is assuming we don't make any other deals to send players away. I have no idea what the plans are for Neil/Phillips/Smith/Legwand at this year's deadline are.

2010-era Richards would be awesome on our team. 2015-era Richards would be a disaster. It's a massive gamble, and the odds of us coming out on top are not great.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

okay.. let me rephrase that. Yak has been given every opportunity a coach can give him on the ice to improve and hes failed. The only criticism of Eakins you can give him is that he sucks as Yak's therapist and failed overall at coaching the oilers.

Yak benefited from being undeservingly put in the top 6 with elite linemates.
Yak benefited from being undeservingly given pp time
Yak benefited from being given free reign by eakins to shoot whenever he wants
Yak benefited from being given high offensive zone starts when he wasnt producing in offensive situations. Obviously it can be argued that this was done because he was so terrible defensively though.

Eakins could ahve given him more pp time, more time in the top 6 with better linemates and more offensive zone starts but whats the point if hes shown you he cant produce already in those situations? More importantly why are you putting Yak ahead of players who are producing in those situations?

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Young player with lots of talent, can certainly be salvaged imo. Not sure Ottawa is the right place to do it though.

Yeah, agree.

Yak is going to get traded somewhere and pull a Seguin, and everyone will be angry that they missed out getting him when the price was low, but honestly... I don't know if where we are right now is the right environment that he needs to turn it around. He needs to go to a playoff team and ease back into playing his game where he's not expected to be THE GUY for a little while.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
explain how lehner is similar? Yak has been given the best opportunity to succeed and failed at every step. Lehner has been put behind a terrible defensive team and has had limited success. The number 1 factor in giving a goalie success is put him on a good defensive team. Goalies take much longer to develop too. I think the similarities are minimal at best especially since we need lehner and dont need Yak at all.

IMO Yak is basically a bust if he doesnt improve next year. Lehner can be just as bad next year and show only minuscule improvement in at back up role and it only makes me slightly more me more wary of keeping him. Goalies take far more time to develop then forwards. If Lehner was a stud at 23 he'd be an outlier if yak isnt producing at all at 23 as a 1st overall pick hes an outlier.

Lehner has not been very good since 3 years ago despite lots of chances and a decent multi-year contract.

Both Yak and Lehner are young and have lots of physical talent. Both are declining for a couple of years. Both have a great chance of blossoming to be really effective NHL regulars.... Maybe need a change of teams.

Lehner gets huge rose coloured glasses. He has been pretty terrible this year. Among worst backups in the entire league. He got lots of chances for a couple of years. He could be in a slump... He shows he can be good in some games... But all backups do. At some point he may find his game and be an effective starter. Still very young.

Now he is a below average backup. He costs the Sens points in the standings. Team is playing Anderson in back to backs.

At some point Lehner needs to play better and that is in him... Not the team spoonfeeding him as he struggles. As much as tanknation wants to throw in the towel... Every part of the Sens organization wants to win... Still 40% of the season left. Starting Lehner to see if he gets it together is not an option. Maybe if we don't start winning it does in a month... Now... Team is starting Anderson all the time and if we get an equally good backup for Lehner and a scoring winger... That is not a rental and stays for several years... Very viable option.

I like Lehner. I want to see him succeed. But his play is not giving the team what it needs, nor does it show progress. Goalies boom or bust. Lehner has gone from a blue chipper to a question mark. 2-3 years from now he might be a starter... Also might not be in NHL.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
okay.. let me rephrase that. Yak has been given every opportunity a coach can give him on the ice to improve and hes failed. The only criticism of Eakins you can give him is that he sucks as Yak's therapist and failed overall at coaching the oilers.

Yak benefited from being undeservingly put in the top 6 with elite linemates.
Yak benefited from being undeservingly given pp time
Yak benefited from being given free reign by eakins to shoot whenever he wants
Yak benefited from being given high offensive zone starts when he wasnt producing in offensive situations. Obviously it can be argued that this was done because he was so terrible defensively though.

Eakins could ahve given him more pp time, more time in the top 6 with better linemates and more offensive zone starts but whats the point if hes shown you he cant produce already in those situations? More importantly why are you putting Yak ahead of players who are producing in those situations?

Yakupov had a very good rookie year. He simply needs a change in scenery, just like Turris.

Edmonton is a horrible place, they could make McDavid look like a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad