Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals VII - and a title to be named later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yakupov had a very good rookie year. He simply needs a change in scenery, just like Turris.

Edmonton is a horrible place, they could make McDavid look like a bust.

Yak had a very good month in his rookie shortened season with an unsustainable shooting percentage.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Lehner has not been very good since 3 years ago despite lots of chances and a decent multi-year contract.

Both Yak and Lehner are young and have lots of physical talent. Both are declining for a couple of years. Both have a great chance of blossoming to be really effective NHL regulars.... Maybe need a change of teams.

Lehner gets huge rose coloured glasses. He has been pretty terrible this year. Among worst backups in the entire league. He got lots of chances for a couple of years. He could be in a slump... He shows he can be good in some games... But all backups do. At some point he may find his game and be an effective starter. Still very young.

Now he is a below average backup. He costs the Sens points in the standings. Team is playing Anderson in back to backs.

At some point Lehner needs to play better and that is in him... Not the team spoonfeeding him as he struggles. As much as tanknation wants to throw in the towel... Every part of the Sens organization wants to win... Still 40% of the season left. Starting Lehner to see if he gets it together is not an option. Maybe if we don't start winning it does in a month... Now... Team is starting Anderson all the time and if we get an equally good backup for Lehner and a scoring winger... That is not a rental and stays for several years... Very viable option.

I like Lehner. I want to see him succeed. But his play is not giving the team what it needs, nor does it show progress. Goalies boom or bust. Lehner has gone from a blue chipper to a question mark. 2-3 years from now he might be a starter... Also might not be in NHL.

Its absolutely disgusting in my mind that we'd trade lehner for Yak. Yak has failed WAYYY harder and more often then Lehner and Lehner isnt expected or shouldnt be expected to be great for a few years.

Last year Lehner had a comparable save percentage to anderson. Both were victims of terrible defense. Lehner is only one year removed from a .936 save percentage. Not saying that save percentage is a great indicator of where hes at but at least hes shown he can be top tier behind a competent defense. Thats all guys like Rask, Quick, Rinne and Lundquvist have needed over the years to be called elite.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yak had a very good month in his rookie shortened season with an unsustainable shooting percentage.

Yak shouldn't even have been in the league until last year at the earliest. Dumb-ass Oilers decided to rush him, with obvious results.

He's a draft class younger than Zibanejad is. He needs time, and he needs a reset as far away from Edmonton as possible.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yak shouldn't even have been in the league until last year at the earliest. Dumb-ass Oilers decided to rush him, with obvious results.

He's a draft class younger than Zibanejad is. He needs time, and he needs a reset as far away from Edmonton as possible.

100 percent agree. He actually imo shouldnt be in the NHL because of how bad he is defensively. If zibby was this bad defensively he'd be in the AHL

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
I'd be shocked if Murray traded our 2015 #1 or Lazar. Murray thinks Lazar will be a star - has recently said so - and you just don't trade guys you think will be stars. The #1 will be a lottery pick with a franchise player waiting the winner of the draft - you don't give up that type of lottery ticket.

I doubt the Hall deal will get done, leading up to the end of this season the sens are more likely going to be a seller rather than a buyer, with Phillips at the top of that list.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I doubt also, having had a taste of money, that he would be willing to go back to the AHL to hone (relearn) his skillset.

If not Edmonton, which other teams would be in the hunt to upgrade their goaltending and get a roster player of some quality for a top six forward and assets we can use.

San Jose, Los Angeles, Phoenix, maybe

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I doubt the Hall deal will get done, leading up to the end of this season the sens are more likely going to be a seller rather than a buyer, with Phillips at the top of that list.

A Hall deal has nothing to do with being a buyer or a seller; it would be a move for the future and the present, like the Ryan move. The kid is 23, not 33.

That said, I agree it doesn't get done. Why do the oilers rush a trade like that? Wait for the offseason and hope for more interested parties.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Why are people thinking it has to be a Hall deal? It could be for another player.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I should have clarified.

When I say "massive", I mean there's pieces going both ways.

I don't typically get names so it's hard to say if it's a one-for-one thing, or a couple of pieces for a couple of pieces.

benji you're awesome. love the little bits of info. keep 'em coming without getting yourself into trouble. makes the day a lot more exciting. less info with more substance is better than more info with less substance. :cheers:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Its happening.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 3m 3 minutes ago
Colin Greening on waivers today.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
File this under things that don't change a damn thing but for some reason people think is a big moment

I think it's a mentality thing.

Even though it's costing Melnyk more $ to be paying both Pageau and Greening NHL dollars, he's clearly given Murray the go ahead to do so.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think it's a mentality thing.

Even though it's costing Melnyk more $ to be paying both Pageau and Greening NHL dollars, he's clearly given Murray the go ahead to do so.

The bigger news is this likely means Boro or Smith is nearing a return (probably Boro).

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
A Hall deal has nothing to do with being a buyer or a seller; it would be a move for the future and the present, like the Ryan move. The kid is 23, not 33.

That said, I agree it doesn't get done. Why do the oilers rush a trade like that? Wait for the offseason and hope for more interested parties.

The deal gets done now because of the draft pick. If we end up with the 8th pick, and we know its the 8th pick, then I think that it diminishes its value. Or it could end up being the 3rd or 4th, and it increases in value, so then we might hesitate.

I think the timing right now, from an Oiler standpoint, would be a much easier sell to the oil fan base by bringing in Lazar, Lehner and a second top 10 draft pick in the deepest draft in a decade. One of which is almost assuredly McDavid or Eichel.

If they want to get real about changing their identity and culture, that would go a long way towards convincing their fanbase that their serious about it.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hoffman's shooting % is normal for scorers in his range and he's been doing it for like 3 months.

15.4 imo is about 4-5 percent higher then it should be. the league average is around 9-10 percent yak shot 21.4 percent in the shortened season overall.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
15.4 imo is about 4-5 percent higher then it should be. the league average is around 9-10 percent yak shot 21.4 percent in the shortened season overall.

Like someone said in the Hoffman thread, Hoffman is a well above average shooter so his shooting percentage should be higher then average.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Like someone said in the Hoffman thread, Hoffman is a well above average shooter so his shooting percentage should be higher then average.

i said that in the hoffman thread lol hoffman is an above average shooter but that doesnt equal a shooting percentage 5-6 percentage points higher then average

only one player is in that realm and thats stamkos

a reasonable shooting percentage is around 10-12 percent if were being nice to hoff.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
i said that in the hoffman thread lol hoffman is an above average shooter but that doesnt equal a shooting percentage 5-6 percentage points higher then average

only one player is in that realm and thats stamkos

a reasonable shooting percentage is around 10-12 percent if were being nice to hoff.

Even if it dips a bit, he will get more shots once he gets more ice time/power play time. This is a very good scorer we have on our hands. No one should be worried about his shooting %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00