Prospect Info: 2014 1st Round Pick (#11 Overall) - Center - Kevin Fiala - (Signed ELC)

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
It has nothing to do with Milwaukee or Nashville, that's the same thing to him because as much as I like the States, I don't know what the hell I'd do in either Milwaukee or Nashville. He wants a one-way contract because he feels like he's wasting his time in Milwaukee as he could play in a better league in Switzerland, make more money and have a way better quality of life. That's it.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
It has nothing to do with Milwaukee or Nashville, that's the same thing to him because as much as I like the States, I don't know what the hell I'd do in either Milwaukee or Nashville. He wants a one-way contract because he feels like he's wasting his time in Milwaukee as he could play in a better league in Switzerland, make more money and have a way better quality of life. That's it.

Yeah the article said Moser would be making $70K if in Milwaukee since Poile offered him league minimum, which is where he'd be. I'm sure he can get a better deal than that back home.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm sorry, but I don't see the correlation between the size of the population.

Milwaukee and Nashville are similar sized cities. If Milwaukee is too small or has insufficient diversity or activities, he will probably think the same thing about Nashville. If Moser doesn't really like it here, other than being at the AAA level, he won't like Nashville either. They have Opryland, we have ethnic festivals...

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
It's all about the money. If he's not in Nashville making NHL money, then he might as well be home making more than he would in Milwaukee. It's not a dig at either city.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

There is plenty to do in both cities. They are both flatter. Try Wikipedia.

I have never been to Geneva. I assume that it is similar to Vienna (where I have been), but smaller, with banking, skiing, the UN, the Red Cross and views of the lake and Mt Blanc. It is one of the five most expensive cities in the world, so he will need a big pay boost. The photos that I have seen are very pretty.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
There is plenty to do in both cities. They are both flatter. Try Wikipedia.

I have never been to Geneva. I assume that it is similar to Vienna (where I have been), but smaller, with banking, skiing, the UN, the Red Cross and views of the lake and Mt Blanc. It is one of the five most expensive cities in the world, so he will need a big pay boost. The photos that I have seen are very pretty.

It's not really like Vienna but it's an European city so it looks the same to you as a NA. Anyway, when he comes back to Switzerland I highly doubt I'll come to Geneva.. He'll most likely play for Bern or Zurich or at least a team that has money to offer, which Geneva doesn't.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Agreed. There are a number of threads for the discussion of Moser to continue in. Let's keep on topic, please.

van22

May 25, 2014
His Swedish team HV71 published this clip a few days ago with the comment that Fiala and others are testing the ice ahead of (now this past) Thursday's ice opening. It's really not worth a click but it does suggest that he will start with them - also he is on their 2014/15 roster: http://instagram.com/p/q_YBwzrwbp/

His team will start in the Champions League against the Kloten Flyers (from Zurich, Switzerland) on the 22nd of August. ONE World Sports has the broadcasting rights for the US.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
His Swedish team HV71 published this clip a few days ago with the comment that Fiala and others are testing the ice ahead of (now this past) Thursday's ice opening. It's really not worth a click but it does suggest that he will start with them - also he is on their 2014/15 roster: http://instagram.com/p/q_YBwzrwbp/

His team will start in the Champions League against the Kloten Flyers (from Zurich, Switzerland) on the 22nd of August. ONE World Sports has the broadcasting rights for the US.

This means he will not be here for training camp then right?

van22

May 25, 2014
This means he will not be here for training camp then right?

I think he will be at training camp - he will just miss a few games. His contract is now with the Predators (he is on loan to HV71) which should allow them to have a say in his scheduling.

Tapp

Nov 15, 2008
Here’s a link to a nice article (in Swedish) from July 29 in which Fiala talks about his upcoming plans.

http://www.jnytt.se/det-var-den-basta-kanslan-jag-haft-i-hela-mitt-liv

He said he will train in Jönköping with HV71 for about three weeks. Then he will go to Los Angeles and train for 10 days before coming to Nashville for training camp. If he makes the team, obviously, he will stay here. If not, he will return to HV71 for the season.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Here’s a link to a nice article (in Swedish) from July 29 in which Fiala talks about his upcoming plans.

http://www.jnytt.se/det-var-den-basta-kanslan-jag-haft-i-hela-mitt-liv

He said he will train in Jönköping with HV71 for about three weeks. Then he will go to Los Angeles and train for 10 days before coming to Nashville for training camp. If he makes the team, obviously, he will stay here. If not, he will return to HV71 for the season.

LA? Interesting.. Wonder why thats the city he is training in.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Has Fiala played in any tournament games? If so, how has he looked?

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Has Fiala played in any tournament games? If so, how has he looked?

Just finished up the rookie tournament today. A lot if Nashville media said he was "one of, if not the best player there" raving about his explosiveness & dynamic skillset.

Kevin Fiala could see NHL ice quicker than the majority of other prospects for the Nashville Predators. With his overall quality of play during this rookie tournament and what we could see out of him this season in Milwaukee, Fiala’s road through Milwaukee could ultimately be just a pit stop.

From the predatorial.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Just finished up the rookie tournament today. A lot if Nashville media said he was "one of, if not the best player there" raving about his explosiveness & dynamic skillset.

From the predatorial.

Thing is, if he doesn't make the team (which, honestly, I want him to) he will be back in the SHL for the year. Fiala said it himself

citygoogs

Jun 19, 2014
Nashville
Watched him play in the team scrimmage Sunday. He was the best player on the ice. Granted, there were only 3 full time NHLers on the scrimmage roster, but his size was not a factor. His elusiveness kept him from getting checked, and if he lost the puck, he out-muscled the defender to get it back. He split the entire team on one play, broke in alone, and deked Mazanec out of his pants for the goal. The kid is going to be a star. He plays a similar game to Patrick Kane, and I don't use that comparison lightly.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Watched him play in the team scrimmage Sunday. He was the best player on the ice. Granted, there were only 3 full time NHLers on the scrimmage roster, but his size was not a factor. His elusiveness kept him from getting checked, and if he lost the puck, he out-muscled the defender to get it back. He split the entire team on one play, broke in alone, and deked Mazanec out of his pants for the goal. The kid is going to be a star. He plays a similar game to Patrick Kane, and I don't use that comparison lightly.

That is great news! I watched him closely when he was on the ice Friday and was happy with the way he played. Cullen was by his side leading him through the drills and Kevin stuck by his side the entire time. It really is good to have solid veterans to help new kids out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad