Prospect Info: 2014 1st Round Pick (#11 Overall) - Center - Kevin Fiala - (Signed ELC)

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
All of those guys are free agents after the season is over. Granted, we're looking good right now and if it continues, it would make sense to bring back one or more of those guys. But for Fisher, with him and the lady expecting The Chosen Child somewhere near the end of the season, it wouldn't shock me if he calls it a career to focus on his family. I guess a one-year deal would be possible but I think that would open up a place for Fiala.

We'll keep one or two of those, if Ribeiro stays out of trouble I think he'll stay and probably Roy. Cullen will be 38 and Fisher as you said could call it a career for family reasons.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good read, thank you. Glad to see Fiala and his coach seeing eye-to-eye. Fiala has a good head on his shoulders and is saying the right things.

van22

May 25, 2014
As much as I'd love to read it that link doesn't work for me at all

It's probably the google translate link that causes problem so here is the original article so that you can run it separately through google translate in case the translated version link below still doesn't work: http://www.dn.se/sport/ishockey/kevin-fiala-shls-storsta-framtidslofte/

and here is also the link to the translated version
http://translate.google.com/transla...hockey/kevin-fiala-shls-storsta-framtidslofte

Last edited:

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
What has been going on with ihm lately? There is lots of talk about Nylander in the Prospects section but not so much about Fiala anymore. Is he still doing well? Or has he come down to earth?

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
What has been going on with ihm lately? There is lots of talk about Nylander in the Prospects section but not so much about Fiala anymore. Is he still doing well? Or has he come down to earth?

He seems to be doing very well, scoring at a PPG pace. Nylander is a Maple Leafs prospect and thus is going to be talked about 1000000000x more than anyone in the Predators system.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Not in the line up today. Disciplinary reasons. I don't think it is working out between Fiala and the coach Johansson. Johansson isn't the most skilled guy when it comes to communication. While Olsson (the guy that brought Fiala up from juniors) had a softer, more psychological approach.

There's no doubt that Fiala has been lazy lately, low work rate and trying to force creative plays. Hopefully he will take this the right way and bounce back.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I thought at the time that it might not be a bad idea for Fiala to come over and play in the CHL and start to get a feel for the North American game. I feel stronger than ever about that now.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I thought at the time that it might not be a bad idea for Fiala to come over and play in the CHL and start to get a feel for the North American game. I feel stronger than ever about that now.

SHL is probably the right choice for him, but if he can't show up to practice in time he shouldn't play. The coach is working with a lot of NA prospects during off-season and the team has got the best training facilities in europe. However, the coach we had last year was pretty much an extra parent for Fiala, speaking german with him while he was learning swedish. Johansson is more north american in his approach, quite demanding, while other swedish coaches are more transformative in their approach as leaders.

SChan*

He has been late to practices. Not acceptable

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
These kind of things are never a good sign. A guy can have all the skill in the world and never make it in the NHL because to make it at the top level of any sport you have to out work everyone else. It doesn't sound like he is willing to do that. If being drafted in the first round by an NHL team can't motivate you what will...

Wish we would have taken Perlini as I said before and after the draft.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
These kind of things are never a good sign. A guy can have all the skill in the world and never make it in the NHL because to make it at the top level of any sport you have to out work everyone else. It doesn't sound like he is willing to do that. If being drafted in the first round by an NHL team can't motivate you what will...

I'm still willing to take my chances with Fiala. He's 18 years old. He wouldn't be the first 18 year old to need to address some behavioral issues.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN

Yea this is a knee jerk reaction. If he was 20+ maybe you are right but 18, come on.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Does he skate around like an idiot taunting the other team's bench and sheathing his "sword" after he scores? No? Then he isn't Alex Radulov.

Make no mistake Poile and the coaches keep an eye on this stuff. I'm sure he will get the facts of life explained to him.

You never want to see this stuff but we don't know if this kid has immaturity problems or if there is something going on in his life....he's also 18. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Yea this is a knee jerk reaction. If he was 20+ maybe you are right but 18, come on.

Not really a knee jerk reaction. I wanted Perlini over him at the draft. The fact he is having these kinds of issues just cements that feeling even more in my mind.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Not really a knee jerk reaction. I wanted Perlini over him at the draft. The fact he is having these kinds of issues just cements that feeling even more in my mind.

Fiala has a significantly higher ceiling than Perlini. But ye Perlini is part British so wouldn't have minded him.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

If you wanted Perlini because of potential character issues with Fiala, then I'll give it to you, but if you just preferred Perlini for other reasons then this is just pure coincidence and wouldn't have been a reason not to take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad