OT: 2013 Ottawa Concert Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Tonight will mark the third time I see Weezer in four years, but the first time I'm there only for them. I'm so excited.

Not sure if you are familiar with Atlas Genius, but they are playing at 6:00 tonight. I only listen SiriusXM and they are a pet project of the Alt Nation station so I have heard a lot of them. I think you'll be impressed if you check them out.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Not sure if you are familiar with Atlas Genius, but they are playing at 6:00 tonight. I only listen SiriusXM and they are a pet project of the Alt Nation station so I have heard a lot of them. I think you'll be impressed if you check them out.

Thanks for the heads-up! I was planning on getting there early anyways -- I'll definitely stop by. I remember seeing the name on the roster... are they on River or Claridge?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
God, Alt Nation won't shut up about Atlas Genius.

They had them in their studios and the hyperbole about their song "Trojans" was pretty absurd.

Anyway, I caught the Rush show.

What was funny is their first half was all hits, but they came out with their new stuff with much more energy and production values.

Nice to see an old band still really committed to putting out new music.

Ending with Tom Sawyer and 2112 kept the natives from revolting.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seems like a Bluesfest appropriate question. Where is a good place to buy a poncho in Ottawa?

"There's Poncho Hut, that's on 3rd....there's Poncho Palace on 3rd...Matter of fact they're all in the same complex, you know the Poncho Complex on 3rd..."

"Oh, the Poncho District!."

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Heading down rain or shine tonight, looking forward to Atlas Genius and Family of the Year, hoping the weather holds for Weezer as well as i havent seen them live yet.

littleD

Wow.

The only Weezer album I've ever had was the first one, what, 20 years ago now. Everything else I only know from radio, which ends up being a lot.

So, first time seeing them tonight. Easily the best show I've seen in a long time.

Just a hot, sweaty, hell of a good rock show.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Was anyone else there for THEEEEEEEE BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEES EXPLOSION

Yes. They were great. I wished they would have been on a smaller stage, but their performance was excellent.

The Hip were very good last night. Just a great show. Crowd was stiff early, but picked up towards the end.

Overall, I think this Bluesfest has been outstanding. The quality of acts has been very high, and there have been plenty of nice surprises like the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.

WebNewfie

Nov 5, 2008
Kenny Wayne Shepherd rocked it last night. Decided to take a pass on The Hip since like most people I've seen them 10-15 times and I didn't leave disappointed at all. KWS is just unbelievable - crazy that Bluesfest is allowing us to see 2 of the top 3 blues guitarists alive today - all in a span of 4 days!

Waterboys tonight! That should be a treat too

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Apparently Coolio is still touring.

But not in Canada. Not able to get across the border. He had a show scheduled for July 25 at Zaphod's that is a no go.

His voyage just got a little less fantastic.

member 137785

The Hip show was lame, the band still has it, but Gord has checked out, his talking/screaming instead of singing the first half of the concert was ridiculous, and I love a good Gord rant. Apparently the band hates him...they are going through the motions. I've seen them over 10 times and this was easily the worst.

littleD

Lineup has been announced for Beau's Oktoberfest. Dates are October 4-5, two days instead of three.

Kathleen Edwards
Sloan
The Sadies
Rich Aucoin

Some others as well.

Early bird tickets for Oktoberfest 2013 will go on sale beginning Thursday August 8. A single day pass for adults can be purchased for $22, or a two-day pass for $38. Youth admission (18 or younger) is $5. Round trip shuttle buses to and from Ottawa, Montreal and Cornwall are available to provide guests with a convenient and safe way to fully experience Oktoberfest. Round trip bus fare can be added onto any ticket for $15.

http://www.beaus.ca/news/oktoberfest2013

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'll be there tomorrow! I like Half Moon Run, but I probably won't bother getting there that early and will settle for Austra + (food during Stars) + Bjork.

Having said that:

littleD

Today is my last day of Bluesfest, sad face.

Half Moon Run and Stars are on my schedule. We'll see what I can find in between.

Didn't quite get full value of my full pass, will only be four days that I ended up going. I'm quickly learning I'm too old to go consecutive weekdays and then be useful at work. :D

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
The Waterboys were incredible. Mike Scott sounds just like their recordings, and the fiddle was amazing. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad