The Hip
Great Big Sea
One Direction
Rush

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
A blues concert at Bluesfest? Weird.

There's tons of blues at Bluesfest, they just don't attract the 40,000+ crowds, so they don't get announced as a headliner usually..

I've seen some great stuff at bluesfest in the past few years...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
My other headline speculations/guesses are:

The Hip
Great Big Sea
One Direction
Rush

Retreads but fun except One direction.

Also saw BB King 2 years ago he gets lost sometimes as he's really old but so cool to see.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've been told there's a big country act they're after too.

Bryant-Reeves.jpeg

:dunno:

I wouldn't pay $50+ to see that guy, but different strokes for different folks, I suppose...

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
I likely won't get a full pass this year.

Not because I don't like the shows, but 10 days of music is too much. I was gassed by the end.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I've been told there's a big country act they're after too.

Taylor Swift is rumoured to be coming to Bluesfest.

I likely won't get a full pass this year.

Not because I don't like the shows, but 10 days of music is too much. I was gassed by the end.

It's actually 12 days. Just need to pace yourself. I love going every day and spending the weekends just lounging on the grounds.

My other headline speculations/guesses are:

The Hip
Great Big Sea
One Direction
Rush

I think One Direction could just do a show at the 'Bank and sell it out.

I'm hoping for Pearl Jam since they've announced two shows in mid-July - one in London, ON and the other in Chicago. One can hope.

Paul Simon, Robert Plante, Santana, Steve Miller Band, The Counting Crows, Wilco, Manu Chao, Rodriguez, Bonnie Raitt, and The Lumineers (I think they'll be coming) are all touring this year.

Evil Crow

Jul 18, 2010
Taylor Swift is rumoured to be coming to Bluesfest.

It's actually 12 days. Just need to pace yourself. I love going every day and spending the weekends just lounging on the grounds.

I think One Direction could just do a show at the 'Bank and sell it out.

I'm hoping for Pearl Jam since they've announced two shows in mid-July - one in London, ON and the other in Chicago. One can hope.

Paul Simon, Robert Plante, Santana, Steve Miller Band, The Counting Crows, Wilco, Manu Chao, Rodriguez, Bonnie Raitt, and The Lumineers (I think they'll be coming) are all touring this year.

The promoters of the PJ show in London have said that PJ confirmed with them that that show will be their only Canadian show this summer. They could be wrong, but that is what they are saying.

The reason I'm thinking One Direction is because they announced their arena tour a ways back. It included Montreal, but not Ottawa. Maybe because they booked Bluesfest instead?

Taylor Swift does seem likely, I just think she would be the most expensive act they've ever booked.

Wilco would be sweet.

I could see The Flaming Lips coming back again too.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Green Day will be in the midst of a big tour this summer. Dates are TBD, but they always swing through Ottawa on their tours.

Pollstar listed Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys and Alejandro Escovedo as playing at Bluesfest on July 14.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Taylor did have an Ottawa date on her headlining tour that disappeared in May. I've heard the rumor (and got asked about it), but she doesn't tend to do a lot of festivals. I'm not a fan of hers but I'd laugh that they stole the Hoedowns headliner.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Who the hell cares about Taylor Swift and One Direction....

It's all about the legend that is Bon Jovi!!! 3 more weeks till the show of the year at SBP.

Last edited:

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
I'm a fan of M. Ward, and it would great to see She & Him, but from their tour dates it looks like a tough fit for them to come to Bluesfit.

I'm excited to see Alejandro Escovedo again. Hopefully, he won't be on at the same time as B.B. King.

I'm also hoping Jim James, lead singer of My Morning Jacket, will swing by for Bluesfest or Folkfest, as his solo album gets released on Tuesday.

Preservation Hall Jazz Band, who will be in the area, would be great for Bluesfest or Jazzfest.

Just looked at One Direction's tour dates, and I don't see them coming to Bluesfest. Thank goodness for that.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
"The Package" Tour :laugh:

Just call it the "We need money for our foreclosed houses" tour.

Mad props to Nick Lache (sp?) though. He had Jessica Simpson in her prime years. That women's former figure will haunt my dreams forever. I don't even like blondes but my god...

Evil Crow

Jul 18, 2010
I'm a fan of M. Ward, and it would great to see She & Him, but from their tour dates it looks like a tough fit for them to come to Bluesfit.

I'm excited to see Alejandro Escovedo again. Hopefully, he won't be on at the same time as B.B. King.

I'm also hoping Jim James, lead singer of My Morning Jacket, will swing by for Bluesfest or Folkfest, as his solo album gets released on Tuesday.

Preservation Hall Jazz Band, who will be in the area, would be great for Bluesfest or Jazzfest.

Just looked at One Direction's tour dates, and I don't see them coming to Bluesfest. Thank goodness for that.

I'd prefer to see Jim James at Folkfest. Either way, it'd be cool if he stopped in Ottawa..

Hopefully you're right about One Direction. It depends how many back to back shows they like to do I guess. I just feel like they would have booked a Scotiabank show if they weren't playing Bluesfest. They're playing everywhere else.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
The Montreal Jazzfest has announced some shows.

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Dr. John, and Leon Russell are playing on July 3. All of them have nothing scheduled before or after their Montreal appearances, so they could be at the Ottawa Jazzfest or Bluesfest.

Belle and Sebastian are playing July 5. That makes them a strong candidate for Bluesfest. They would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad