OT: 2013 Ottawa Concert Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleD

Sigh, gonna miss Kendrick tonight. :(

For more hip hop, next weekend is House of Paint. Thursday at Ritual is a thing called Basement Raps, with local MCs performing. Eternia and DL Incognito will headline. $10.

Friday is concert under the Dunbar Bridge with two hip hop pioneers - Big Daddy Kane and Afrika Bambaata. $20.

Saturday is the "main event" under the bridge again. Under Dunbar Bridge is a legal graffiti wall, so there will be graf artists, bboy/bgirl battles and more music. All free on Saturday.

http://www.houseofpaint.ca/index.php

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
First two nights of Folk Fest have been nothing short of outstanding.
You are probably correct as long as you are physically fit, my wife who has been a folkie for over 30 years attended the first night and wont be going back, along with a number of her friends. My wife who has back problems and cant walk very far, arrived at the folk festival 3 hours before it opened, and was able to get the last of the 11 handicap parking spots available, because she cant stand for any length of time she has to take a chair with her, she waited at the entrance until one of her friends arrived who carried her chair for her, they found a spot to watch the stage from and within minutes people were standing in front of her so she could not see anything, she left after Patti Smith finished.
She had a 3 day pass and opening night tickets to see Neil Young, she did get her money back for the Neil Young show, but will lose all the money she spent on the 3 day pass.
Another thing, it's called the Folk Festival, what are most of the people playing there to do with Folk music, oh back to the days at Britannia Park where people came to sit and listen to the music.

PS if you are expecting 5-10,000 people per night how many handicap parking spots do you legally have to provide??

PPS She did send a complaint to the organisers wednesday night, as of friday afternoon no response.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
You are probably correct as long as you are physically fit, my wife who has been a folkie for over 30 years attended the first night and wont be going back, along with a number of her friends. My wife who has back problems and cant walk very far, arrived at the folk festival 3 hours before it opened, and was able to get the last of the 11 handicap parking spots available, because she cant stand for any length of time she has to take a chair with her, she waited at the entrance until one of her friends arrived who carried her chair for her, they found a spot to watch the stage from and within minutes people were standing in front of her so she could not see anything, she left after Patti Smith finished.
She had a 3 day pass and opening night tickets to see Neil Young, she did get her money back for the Neil Young show, but will lose all the money she spent on the 3 day pass.
Another thing, it's called the Folk Festival, what are most of the people playing there to do with Folk music, oh back to the days at Britannia Park where people came to sit and listen to the music.

PS if you are expecting 5-10,000 people per night how many handicap parking spots do you legally have to provide??

PPS She did send a complaint to the organisers wednesday night, as of friday afternoon no response.

Suggest writing back to the organizers once again. Maybe suggest that the organizers work with OCTranspo to provide a shuttle service between the Canada Post parking lot and the festival grounds, but restricted to those requiring assistance (we need proof and maybe could purchase a special pass that allows for a shuttle).

Could also suggest that they put risers up near the sound tent to allow those in a wheelchair and other disabilities a better view of the stages.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Who is going to see Arcadefire at CTC?

I ended up with tickets in section 209 which is off to the side of the stage.. anyone ever sat there for a concert? I hope the view is ok.

Do you think it would be better to sit dead ahead of the stage but further away (section 103)?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Complete forgot about Arcade Fire tickets, and then when I looked, floor was sold out. :(

$70 though, damn concert tickets are ridonkulous. $90+ when you work in all the fees.

70 is fairly reasonable for floor tickets in the context of concerts.

I was surprised Arcade Fire's prices weren't higher. I totally forgot they went on sale, and then picked up a 40 dollar ticket a few days afterwards. It looks like quite a few tickets are left.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Picked up some Elton John tickets, wished I could have seen hime earlier in his career but for a piano player like myself, I always promised myself to see him if he ever came.

Now if Billy Joel can get here...

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Aren't they $70 for floor, 100s and 200s though?

I should clarify. It's 300 level I think it's 40+fees and all that junk (47?).

It's still a fairly reasonable price compared to other Scotiabank Place/Canadian Tire Centre concerts I've attended.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Is that a second hand ticket site like Stubhub? They are probably tickets which were bought with a presale code, being scalped.

Tickets go on sale Dec. 2 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased at www.CapitalTickets.ca or at 613-599-FANS (3267). Tickets go for between $39.50 and $151.50 each.

The best way to get tickets to shows that are going to sell out is to go to the least popular Sports Experts possible, and be within the first two or three people in line.

The problem with buying tickets at Sports Experts, is there is no actual organization, and the let people spend far too long picking out their tickets, haggling over which section to sit in. So for a hot show, you've got to be one of the first in line.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I bought 8 tickets for me and my mates to Arcade Fire. I'm excited for a 10000+ person costume party with my favourite band rocking out.

ShoShaun19

Mar 30, 2012
Ottawa
Picked up some Elton John tickets, wished I could have seen hime earlier in his career but for a piano player like myself, I always promised myself to see him if he ever came.

Elton and Billy Joel toured together and hit Ottawa not to long ago, one of the best concerts I've ever seen!!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I guess this is worth posting here?

ATTENTION EDM FANS:

I have a chance to see David Guetta live (here, in Jakarta) in like 2 weeks. Also on the bill: Alesso, Arty, Flight Facilities, and like 40 randoms (mix of smaller Euros & Indonesian EDM artists)

Worth it? Is a Guetta live show worth a 2hr drive each way and the price of a hotel to stay overnight?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I guess that would all depend on the quality of drugs you're planning on rolling.

Seeing as how I'm posting from an ISP in a country where being caught importing drugs into the country is punishable with the death penalty, and getting caught with anything heavier than pot can lead to tens of thousands of dollars in fines, my official answer to that is "none".

That being said, you can get pretty much whatever you want in Jakarta, provided you're willing to pay the price.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

How'd you get tickets so early? Do you have a presale code? been trying to find one, and no luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad