GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Lol bickell at 4 million per year.

$4M for a 6'4 powerfoward with 20-25 goal potential?
Not many forwards can go up against Chara the way Bickell did.

I thought Bickell would get $5M on the market -- which is why I didn't want him

But 4 years at $4M, if that's the deal -- that's fair.

We're paying $3M to Cleary and $3M to Samuelsson, by the way, speaking of LOL

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Yeah this.

It's a good deal for the Hawks. He bring a lot more than what he provides on the stat sheet in terms of goals and assists.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

When did Cleary re-sign?

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru

You certainly called it with the "Don Cherry's Red Wings" spiel, you couldn't find more grit at a sandpaper factory.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

1 post season of good play going up against beat up teams doesn't make a player (every team he played against except us was banged up hardcore when he went against them). Not saying he is **** but 4 million for one good postseason?

Granted I don't disagree on the cleary or sammy part.

Last edited:

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
His stats say he can score. He'll be int he USHL next year and Nebraska-Omaha the year after.

Well, people wanted someone we could stash away in college; seems as good as any I suppose.

Dude could have awesome hair at the NHL level if he chooses too; check out those curly locks? :)

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Today they've drafted three players fans have been whining about NOT drafting for all these years. Bertuzzi is the ultimate pest who can skate. There's a lot of Raffi Torres in him. A lot. I would've went with a skilled guy but they'll have something up their sleeve on the skill level later. They always do.

I posted this after they selected Burtuzzi. By saying this, I did not say I disliked the mantha pick, Nasty is ok too, i was stoked by the mantha pick, and was stoked we fleeced sj by trading picks. I "only" posted this because I felt they could have got this bertuzzi guy in a later pick safely. Even the best make mistakes.

Last edited:

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
The appropriate kind.
You just tried to equate undersized tyler bertuzzi with 6'4 giant milan Lucic

Lucic was going to be a 2nd round pick with his ridiculous size no matter what

It is not an appropriate answer at all. It does not contribute in any meaningful way to the draft discussion as to why the Wings choose who they choose etc.

On topic: Where did I equate the size? The size of their offensive output (and PIM) yes, but not the physical size.

If Red Wings had picked a big wing with 19 points over 62 games in the second round, people would have been absolutely outraged. Heck, people are already ripping Mantha with his 50 (!) goals a new one. And now Bertuzzi, who people (I suspect) never even have watched play, is picked late in the second and despite showing better numbers than Lucic, is already dismissed as a terrible pick.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Chicago loves their Swedish mobile D's who have no offense to speak of. First Dahlbeck, now Dahlstrom and Norell.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I agree with you Daigle. The Bertuzzi pick is one I liked and one the Wings would not have made 3 years ago. They would not have even signed him if he was a ufa. What canged was seeing how effective Shaw was in the playoffs, especially against the B's and seeing what a beast Lucic was. If Bertuzzi can be a more productive Shaw at the NHL level than this was a great pick.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
When I posted that we had not selected a third player, I posted it after they selected Burtuzzi. By saying this, I did not say I disliked the mantha pick, I was stoked by at it, and was stoked we fleeced sj by trading picks. I "only" posted this because I felt they could have got this guy in a later pick safely. Even the best make mistakes.

Oh, no worries. I didnt mean to sound rude or anything. It's just like everyone was complaining about the picks today and I thought it was strange as most Wings fan always complains they dont have these type of players.

Sorry bout that

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
I agree with you Daigle. The Bertuzzi pick is one I liked and one the Wings would not have made 3 years ago. They would not have even signed him if he was a ufa. What canged was seeing how effective Shaw was in the playoffs, especially against the B's and seeing what a beast Lucic was. If Bertuzzi can be a more productive Shaw at the NHL level than this was a great pick.

So you like Tyler Bertuzzi because of what Andrew Shaw did in this playoff? Despite the fact that Tyler was the 207th rated NA prospect? Do you need to phone home before the FBI agents come and take you from us? Can I offer you some Reeses Pieces ?

:loony:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
It is not an appropriate answer at all. It does not contribute in any meaningful way to the draft discussion as to why the Wings choose who they choose etc. It really is the lowest form of communication.

On topic: Where did I equate the size? The size of their offensive output (and PIM) yes, but not the physical size.

If Red Wings had picked a big wing with 19 points over 62 games in the second round, people would have been absolutely outraged. Heck, people are already ripping Mantha with his 50 (!) goals a new one. And now Bertuzzi, who people (I suspect) never even have watched play, is picked late in the second and despite showing better numbers than Lucic, is already dismissed as a terrible pick.

Just because it happened once doesn't mean it won't happen again. We've got the same chance of getting a Lucic out of Bertuzzi as we do of getting another Datsyuk/Zetterberg out of the 5th round. It's just so unlikely to happen that we really even shouldn't discuss it.

We won't be able to judge his true potential until after next season. If he does indeed breakout then we'll forgot about the players around him & focus on him & what he could be. If he sinks then the players around him become amplified & we would be left wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad