GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I remember when everyone thought the Jake Paterson pick was terrible last year.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
I just think they must see some offensive potential in him. If they had your view on him, surely they would NEVER have picked him.

I quite agree. I am sure they didn't put up names on the wall, blindfolded a midget and had him throw a dart to determine who they picked.

There are reasons why, and I am sure they are quite determined that those are good reasons - I mean there are also reasons they gave Tootoo 1.9 million dollars a year for 4 years and Samuelson 3 million dollars a year. Ultimately the draft is a trading show, you have some number of resources (picks) and you want to get as much value as possible, I think in this case the pick they spent was worth more than what they got in return in the sense that I believe they could have gotten Bertuzzi in a later round and picked up a player with this pick that can't get in a later round.

Sports is a game of hits and misses, everybody has them. I am sure Snow isn't happy about that deal he gave DiPietro knowing that DiPietro gets injured if a mosquito looks at him, on the other hand the deal Chicago gave Keith appears to be paying off marvelously. Time will tell if this was a win or loss.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
and Buchnevich to Rangers. I like that were drafting some size and grit, but just seem terribly stupid taking a gamble on a guy like Bertuzzi who we most likely could've drafted in the 3rd or even lower over a player as talented as Buchnevich.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
He really improved this year. Decent pick. Probably would've been available in the 7th, though.

Hope they can snag Lucas Wallmark in the 4th.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Marchand scored 1 point per game in his draft year in the CHL. It wasn't unexpected that he could put up points.

Marchand had 95 points, +40 rating in his first 2 years in CHL.
Bertuzzi has 39 points, even rating in his first 2 years.

Marchand produced 20 playoff points in his first 2 years, Bertuzzi has 2.

Bertuzzi does have more PIM (185 to 135) so he will put his team on the penalty kill more often, so at least he contributes something....

Interestingly Lucic produced these numbers in his draft year for Van Giants in the WHL: 62G - 9G - 10A - 19P. PIM 149. Not very impressive either.

The season after: 70G - 30G - 38G - 68P. 147 PIM.

In other words, there is hope for Bertuzzi.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Still no talk of DET trading any of its excess baggage? Someone please tell me that there has been some back and forth, anything...:(

I'm not sure why you keep asking...if Detroit made a trade there would be pages of talk about it and its own thread also.

RedWingsNow*

MATTIAS JANMARK-NYLEN
over age swede/ Nice stats
Decent height--

RedWingsNow*

Interestingly Lucic produced these numbers in his draft year for Van Giants in the WHL: 62G - 9G - 10A - 19P. PIM 149. Not very impressive either.

The season after: 70G - 30G - 38G - 68P. 147 PIM.

In other words, there is hope for Bertuzzi.

:shakehead

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Corey Pronman on Detroit last pick: "DET selects Nylen. He has a lot of skill, good offensive instincts, decent body. Feet are a little heavy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad