Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'm surprised so many UFA prospects agreed to join the Habs camp...wouldn't it be more logical for them to go to a camp that's small and less competition for contracts?

Something tells me Habs hinted at there being a good likelihood that there'll be a lot of players being signed.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm surprised so many UFA prospects agreed to join the Habs camp...wouldn't it be more logical for them to go to a camp that's small and less competition for contracts?

Something tells me Habs hinted at there being a good likelihood that there'll be a lot of players being signed.

I would say there's less competition here. We only have half a roster for Hamilton and are under the 50 contract limit. Only 42(43 if you count Andrighetto, 44 with Thrower if not sent back) after we sign our guys and we have a few more sliding contracts. We'll sign 2-3 UFAs and that will leave another 3-4 contracts for prospects if we want to go right to the 50 limit since there's a good chance Quailer/Nattinen/Delmas/Lefebvre/Bouillon/Gionta/Blunden aren't back next year. Even guys who don't get ELCs could get contracts with Hamilton because of how weak the roster is.

Leblanc-Bournival-Thomas
Quailer-Nattinen-Holland
Lefebvre-Blunden-Andrighetto
??-??-??

Beaulieu-Dietz
Tinordi-Pateryn
Thrower???-Ellis

Tokarkski
Condon
Mayer

How hard is it to crack the lineup? Especially if Beaulieu/Tinordi/Leblanc get called up.

lewis black

Jul 23, 2008
I'm anxious to see how Magnus Nygren looks. I hear he is near NHL ready and could surprise. At 23 he should stand out over the younger guys. Can't wait to hear the camp reports.

PricePkPatch*

I wanna see McCarron try to fight Tinordi.

Clash of the Titans. COME ON!! :applaud:

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
I would say there's less competition here. We only have half a roster for Hamilton and are under the 50 contract limit. Only 42(43 if you count Andrighetto, 44 with Thrower if not sent back) after we sign our guys and we have a few more sliding contracts. We'll sign 2-3 UFAs and that will leave another 3-4 contracts for prospects if we want to go right to the 50 limit since there's a good chance Quailer/Nattinen/Delmas/Lefebvre/Bouillon/Gionta/Blunden aren't back next year. Even guys who don't get ELCs could get contracts with Hamilton because of how weak the roster is.

Leblanc-Bournival-Thomas
Quailer-Nattinen-Holland
Lefebvre-Blunden-Andrighetto
??-??-??

Beaulieu-Dietz
Tinordi-Pateryn
Thrower???-Ellis

Tokarkski
Condon
Mayer

How hard is it to crack the lineup? Especially if Beaulieu/Tinordi/Leblanc get called up.

I think that you're pretty close with this roster. I don't know about Mayer and I think Delmas is still under contract. Nygren will start the year in Hamilton and Tinordi will be up and down with Emelin out for a couple of months. Dumont will most likely make the big team but you never know. I think that Thomas will add a lot of pop to the first line.

My expectations aren't too high for this year but you can see where MB wants to go with this team. Big and bruising on the back end and skill up front. I am looking forward to seeing Collbourg, McCarron, De La Rose, Lekhonen, Bozon, Thrower, Vail and Hudon.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Welcome to Montreal Christian....

BOQxIAbCAAAcHol.jpg:large

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
"While my group was getting tested, the other group was over at the Bell Centre (the home of the Canadiens) getting a walkthrough of the building and learning about the team's history. So when we finished our physicals, we switched with that group." -Bennet
That + learning about the media
Awesome!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumont 44s
#Habs: Artturi Lehkonen et Connor Crisp ne patineront pas au camp de développement.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumont 44s
#Habs: Artturi Lehkonen et Connor Crisp ne patineront pas au camp de développement.

what type of injuries? or other reason?

I'm pretty excited about Lehkonen, and was looking forward to reading about his play at camp.

Crisp, not so much.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
what type of injuries? or other reason?

I'm pretty excited about Lehkonen, and was looking forward to reading about his play at camp.

Crisp, not so much.

Was looking forward for reports about Lehkonen as well, guy puck skills are mad. And, well, for Crisp, he's not the kind of guy that will shine in those camps, except perhaps fitness drills.

Anyway, there's a lot of interesting undrafted and FA kids in that camp, can't wait for the first reports, and thanks in advance for those attenting, Whitesnake and al, it's really, really appreciated :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad