Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675703

The Montreal Canadiens announced today the team will hold its annual development camp, set to take place from July 3-7, at the Bell Sports Complex, in Brossard.

Approximately 50 players are expected to participate in the development camp. Amongst the list of 32 players already confirmed will be Canadiens’ first round selections; Nathan Beaulieu (2011), Jarred Tinordi (2010) and Louis Leblanc (2009), as well as several other players drafted by the organization.

The list of participants will be completed with players selected by the Canadiens at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to take place on Sunday, June 30 at the Prudential Center in New Jersey, and several players invited as try-outs. A complete list will be released on July 2.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/six-invités-au-camp-du-ch-1.637277

Invites:

Philippe Cadorette (Baie-Comeau) et Louis-Philip Guindon (Drummondville), des défenseurs Matt Murphy (Halifax), Nikolas Brouillard (Drummondiville) et Maxime Gravel (Rimouski), ainsi que des attaquants Jean-Sébastien Dea (Rouyn-Noranda) et Peter Trainor (Rimouski)

Earlier invites:

Ben Duffy
Stephen MacAulay
Gabriel Desjardins

Update:

BONCNo7CYAA0KN3.jpg:large

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

Still having hope for Leblanc. I just don't understand how he could downgrade from an actually good stretch in the NHL into abysmal AHL season.

Analyzer*

Shouldn't this involve MacAuley, Duffy and the other one ?

So, Dea choose to attend our camp ?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really great invitiation list. Trainor...of course....great invitation...:D Dea choosing our camp instead of the Pens....that's great, Murphy, both goalies in Cadorette and Guindon, Brouillard deserves an invitation too. Add McAuley and Duffy and Desjardins...surely the strongest invitation Q list in a while....Would love to see others from the rest of the world......so we'll see.

So my professionnal situation will see me be at the camp pretty often this week. Not sure I'll be there every day but we'll see. I'll have my reports immediately when I come back from it as I don't have the net on my phone.....

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Amongst the list of 32 players already confirmed will be Canadiens’ first round selections; Nathan Beaulieu (2011)

I guess parties & prisons in Ontario are not enough of a work out for Nathan. He'll need to flex some muscle with our younger prospects.

Just kidding I know Nathan is not a hockey goon or in an Ontario prison.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
As I said in another thread, keep an eye on Maxime Gravel. I wouldn't be surprised to see his progression explode this season.

In fact, assuming that they all stay with the Rimouski Oceanic, Kostalek and Gravel could very well become the two best defensemen of the team, ahead of Morin (not comparing them since they play a different game). Yes, you can call me crazy but we'll talk again next year.

Kostalek is my pick for the steal of the draft, I couldn't believe he was picked only two picks before us in the 4th round.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Add Oligny. Still not sure if it's Jonathan or Jimmy. Strange that Ciampini wasn't invited...

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Anyone care to give a quick scouting report on Trainor? I can read his stats but hardly watch junior hockey.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Anyone care to give a quick scouting report on Trainor? I can read his stats but hardly watch junior hockey.

Nothing exceptional except the guy just finds the back of the net. Constantly. EXTREMELY opportunistic, but does create his chances. Great at finding the opening, just a very very good natural scorer.

Why he wasn't picked then? 'Cause most will believe that he will just be that.....a very good JUNIOR natural goal scorer. That because he doesn't have any other special trait, that he won't make it. Not big, not really fast, not incredibly physical, not your best defensive forward....the guy just....scores. Remains to be seen till which level he will be able to do it. The day he can't will be the end of his career. Yet....I just love the guy. And hope for the best for him.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Are those players almost like goons ?

That's about it. I'm not expecting anything. Actually, that camp is probably just a window for their ECHL career. Not sure if our ECHL coach will be there, but they could be serviceable. Don't expect anything else. At least, I'll reconsider after this week's camp.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Nothing exceptional except the guy just finds the back of the net. Constantly. EXTREMELY opportunistic, but does create his chances. Great at finding the opening, just a very very good natural scorer.

Why he wasn't picked then? 'Cause most will believe that he will just be that.....a very good JUNIOR natural goal scorer. That because he doesn't have any other special trait, that he won't make it. Not big, not really fast, not incredibly physical, not your best defensive forward....the guy just....scores. Remains to be seen till which level he will be able to do it. The day he can't will be the end of his career. Yet....I just love the guy. And hope for the best for him.
thanks. I don't see much to get excited but free players are free. With Duffy, Dea and Andrighetto, Habs have many scoring leaders from the Q to evaluate.

Also, man, Habs love their small players.

DanltQC

Mar 23, 2013
Gatineau
Really excited to see for Duffy. Would be nice to nice for him to start in the ECHL and making his way to the top like DD

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Really great invitiation list. Trainor...of course....great invitation...:D Dea choosing our camp instead of the Pens....that's great, Murphy, both goalies in Cadorette and Guindon, Brouillard deserves an invitation too. Add McAuley and Duffy and Desjardins...surely the strongest invitation Q list in a while....Would love to see others from the rest of the world......so we'll see.

So my professionnal situation will see me be at the camp pretty often this week. Not sure I'll be there every day but we'll see. I'll have my reports immediately when I come back from it as I don't have the net on my phone.....

Really looking forward to your reports. It would be great if a couple of these guys were better than some of our existing talent in Hamilton and if a couple of more were able to jump the the ECHL. Combined with the last two drafts, it could mean a huge jump in organizational depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad