Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

FamousTee

Feels Good Man.
May 3, 2011
Halifax, NS
Awesome. Three Mooseheads including Fournier? I'll never forget the night he stood up for Mackinnon and fought a guy, Mackinnon goes to high five him and he hugs him. Whole crowd starts chanting "Fournier! Fournier! Fournier!"

Would love to see him someday make the NHL.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
BONCNo7CYAA0KN3.jpg:large

From Dave Stubbs on twitter

Analyzer*

So Walsh isn't let go yet?

August 15th.

Samuel Henley - Looks interesting anyone can talk about him ?

Stefan Fournier.
JSD

Would be nice (depending on how they do) to get them in the organization.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
That is a deep group. To me its a testament to our improved hierarchy within the organization. Brisebois and Lapointe were active around the junior leagues and we also added more Q scouts.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
wow.

love reading that list of prospects...deep, with a bit of everything and really goes to show how tough it is to make the nhl.

prediction:

Hudon impresses at development camp.

bogolisk

Oct 4, 2008
Ottawa
Nothing exceptional except the guy just finds the back of the net. Constantly. EXTREMELY opportunistic, but does create his chances. Great at finding the opening, just a very very good natural scorer.

Why he wasn't picked then? 'Cause most will believe that he will just be that.....a very good JUNIOR natural goal scorer. That because he doesn't have any other special trait, that he won't make it. Not big, not really fast, not incredibly physical, not your best defensive forward....the guy just....scores..

Luc Robitaille ?

Apr 28, 2010
Awesome. Three Mooseheads including Fournier? I'll never forget the night he stood up for Mackinnon and fought a guy, Mackinnon goes to high five him and he hugs him. Whole crowd starts chanting "Fournier! Fournier! Fournier!"

Nice to hear that! We need players like that. I could see him and Crisp making the team one day.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Luc Robitaille ?

Yeah but see, with those traits, Robitaille wasn't the norm. He was the exception. I could name you 1000 names that were big time scorers in Juniors that couldn't keep it up in the AHL. Or even those AHL ones who just can't do it at the NHL level. There are tons of them. If there are teams that are continually passing over him...it's because they feel he's in the latter part. Mind you, as far as we're concerned, I can totally see Trainor be a part of the Dogs and see from there.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Day 1: Introduction to character
Day 2: Character development
Day 3: Character drills
Day 4: Scrimmages, with an emphasis on character- points for strong puck battles, coming to the aid of a teammate after a cheap shot, and intimidation in front of the net.

**McCaron is excluded, he'll spend his time shadow boxing.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Wow a lot of prospects!!!

Is this the first year that we have that many players in our camp?

Roz

Jul 2, 2013
NS

I loved this moment! It was in Game 2 of the QMJHL Finals and was a really emotionally charged game for everyone as it had the potential for it to be the last game that the Mooseheads played at home (as it turned out, they lost game 3 and ended up winning on home ice in Game 5).

This video shows both his goal from that game and when he stood up for Nate. After they finish showing the replays of the goal, watch the top of the screen to see Nate getting roughed up and Fournier jump in. It doesn't capture the chant, though, which is too bad.

He was a real fan favourite the one year he was here - we're all going to miss him next season. The end of this video shows the crowd erupting when he was named first star (in shorts and a tee because he got ejected after the fight). It pretty much sums up how people think of him in Halifax. He's a bit of a long-shot for the pros as he's not the greatest skater but he's all heart and will do anything to help his team win. I'm so happy that the Habs are giving him a shot.

This goal at the Memorial Cup is typical of how he scores - no one can move him from the front of the net and he's pretty agile even with a bunch of guys on top of him. A lot of people don't realize that it was Fournier - not Mack, Drouin, or Frk - who scored the most goals in the playoffs for Halifax.

Special bonus: He's also famous for giving Drouin a mid-celly smack on the lips.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad