Speculation: 2013-2014 Hurricanes Trade Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Feel a bit bad for Gleason here. While I obviously don't know the full situation, it REALLY seems like he didn't want to go to Toronto, and it REALLY seems like he was muscled off his NMC by being held out...

Oh well, thanks for your time here Tim, it was much appreciated.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 20s
Hearing Canes may not be through. Still could be looking for third-line center.

So far (getting rid of Westgarth, Gleason for Liles), so good. Don't screw up now by paying too much for a 3C.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Feel a bit bad for Gleason here. While I obviously don't know the full situation, it REALLY seems like he didn't want to go to Toronto, and it REALLY seems like he was muscled off his NMC by being held out...

Oh well, thanks for your time here Tim, it was much appreciated.

I don't know. I mean, this has been in the works for awhile it seems. But JR kept pushing for Gardiner, and Nonis wouldn't budge. Maybe JR finally settled.

When Harrison is back we will be a bit overloaded and Murphy can go up down without waivers, right?

Yeah, but I'm not sure Murphy deserves it yet. Harrison hasn't been that great this year. I'd like to see if Liles can handle a spot with Hainsey, but they both shoot left IIRC.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Hmmmm, Backlund or Gagner as the next trade?

I know the Jets have goaltending issues right now, and would LOVE to see us make a play at the rights to Burmistrov, but that doesn't help us this year.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC

I know the Jets have goaltending issues right now, and would LOVE to see us make a play at the rights to Burmistrov, but that doesn't help us this year.

If we got Burmistrov, I would wear my Thrashers #8 Burmi jersey every game I attend. I'd cry tears of joy.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Gagner is interesting, I know we've been linked to him in the past and the Oilers could be interested in Peters. Would have to somehow get rid of Ruutu in the process, Gagner is owed quite a bit of money over the next 2 years.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Only issue with the Oilers is they have two high-priced guys already in net in Dubnyk and Bryzgalov. They'd want us to take back one of the two and that's just not feasible.

Jets on the other hand are rolling Pavelec (who's been awful for them) and Montoya who I think is on a two-way deal.

Well ****, Ward is injured again.

Injured injured, or "hey, Cam, these teams want to get a look at Qdoba and Peters on this trip before we can ship one of them off" injured?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Only issue with the Oilers is they have two high-priced guys already in net in Dubnyk and Bryzgalov. They'd want us to take back one of the two and that's just not feasible.

We could easily take Bryz back. One year left at a $2.2 million hit. We'd be getting rid of Cam's contract, so the room is there. Then we could move Peters if we wanted, go with Khudobin and Bryz.

(Or whatever. My point is that we could make it work.)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ 7-10 days was Nash. Ward is only out for the trip.

Injured injured, or "hey, Cam, these teams want to get a look at Qdoba and Peters on this trip before we can ship one of them off" injured?

Doesn't make sense to basically give him a vacation if that's the case. He won't travel. They could still show those guys off with Ward as the backup.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I don't see Edmonton wanting Ruutu.

I was thinking possibly Buffalo due to a strong Finnish core of people in that org and the fact that he can help them reach the cap floor if they buy out Leino.

Or even Stafford for Ruutu. His contract is up a year before Ruu's.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I don't see Edmonton wanting Ruutu.

Edmonton desperately wants some sort of top 6 physical presence. Hall, RNH, Eberle and Yak are all great skilled players, but only Perron brings anything that can be misconstrued as a physical game.

Gagner is as poor defensively as Nash, so we would need to shelter him like Nash. Unlike Nash, Gagner is extremely talented- he will produce ~40 points a year from a 3rd line spot.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Edmonton desperately wants some sort of top 6 physical presence. Hall, RNH, Eberle and Yak are all great skilled players, but only Perron brings anything that can be misconstrued as a physical game.

Gagner is as poor defensively as Nash, so we would need to shelter him like Nash. Unlike Nash, Gagner is extremely talented- he will produce ~40 points a year from a 3rd line spot.

So we can lose 4-2 instead of 3-1. And pay a lot more for it. Oh goodie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad