DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Ideal world:

Skinner- EStaal- Ruutu
Boychuk- JStaal- Semin
Gerbe- Legwand- Dwyer
Bowman- Malhotra- Dvorak

Better fourth line wing than Bowman would be good, too.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
3 goals and 3 assists in last 17 games. Just one goal in the last 15 games. -8 rating in the last 17 games. - 12 rating in the last 11 games. TOI over 16 m almost every night.

That's Tuomo Ruutu. Rutherford must find a taker for Ruutu.

Let's find third line center. Not in hurry but top 9 winger and better play than Bowman for 4th line would be dream scenario.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Except now Cam has another injury....not sure about the seriousness of course. Let him get healthy and trade him, PLEASE. I am tired of hearing the same story over and over.

Funny, because I think a lot of people here are tired of hearing your same story over and over. There is no way he would be, could be, or should be moved this year.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I'm with Moostache. Cam has been battling this groin injury for half a years in a row. It's getting pretty old.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Funny, because I think a lot of people here are tired of hearing your same story over and over. There is no way he would be, could be, or should be moved this year.

I just want to make sure everyone knows where I stand (obviously you do). I am sorry I have apparently annoyed you with my opinion. 99% of me agrees with you that there is no way he would be traded....but he CAN and he SHOULD be moved if the right deal is available. Guy has a 3.14 GAA....what are we losing? Teams have obviously said they have called JR about Cam.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I just want to make sure everyone knows where I stand (obviously you do). I am sorry I have apparently annoyed you with my opinion. 99% of me agrees with you that there is no way he would be traded....but he CAN and he SHOULD be moved if the right deal is available. Guy has a 3.14 GAA....what are we losing? Teams have obviously said they have called JR about Cam.

I didn't mean to come across as such a dick, but I think the last 3 threads I clicked on you posted the exact same thing, got a little tiring. I think you and some others reflect a bit of what I see as one of Muller's weaknesses. He seems to be the type where if you **** up, you're sitting. No leash to work yourself out of a rut. Ward has always been a guy that needs a lot of starts in a row, particularly when he's not playing well, and Muller has no tolerance for that. Obviously the guy knows what he's doing more than me, but I think more experienced coaches have a better understanding of how to handle certain players when they're not playing up to their capabilities.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In that case, Muller can't win. Because if he did give that leash, there'd be another set of 50 fans complaining about how he preaches accountability but doesn't practice it.

I'm one of the bigger Ward fans on this board and I've got no problem with him sitting when he isn't playing well. Or with the discussion about the possibility of trading him.

The issue, of course, is that it's easy to say "Trade him" and harder to figure out the details afterwards. Who do you trade him to? What return can you reasonably be expecting with the way he's played this year, his injuries, and his caphit? If the return is paltry, would it not be better to wait until one of those three isn't as big of a factor before trading him? And finally, if you do trade him, who's your starter? Do you put a LOT of faith in Peters/Khudobin or do you find someone in FA? If you find someone in FA, who? And question why others who are looking for a goalie (the Islanders, Winnipeg, etc) haven't done the same.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
All good points....I just think that in order to win, or make a run or "get lucky" in this league, you either have to have a lot of young talent (we don't) on good contracts. Or if you dont have that, have a goalie that is top 5 in the league (we don't). If you dont have those two things I just think it is difficult to have a high cap hit in net.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Kyle Clifford from LA looks like he needs a change of scenery. Would be a nice add to line #3, and wouldn't cost us much.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke
Dreger also said that the Hurricanes tried hard to move Gleason elsewhere. Couldn't create a market for him at all. Leafs only destination

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke
Said Rutherford would have preferred a different puck moving defenseman or a 3rd line C. Couldn't get anything done.

Not surprising. I thought he might have had value at first but that quickly got shot to hell with his poor play and lack of movement on the trade front.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, Gleason's value was at its best the deadline you decided to sign him to that new contract, JR. Ruutu's as well. The market was full of buyers that year, especially for two physical players like those two.

bluedevil58*

I don't get what the deal is with Ruutu. Whenever he plays a physical game he is great. But if he shy's away from physicality he sucks....

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I wonder if he's afraid of getting hurt again. Ruutu was effective on the first line when he was crashing the net and creating space for Skinner and Staal. Then he just stopped. He's looked solid with Malhotra because they're a couple of guys that can hit, but he's making a lot to be a bottom six grinder. And if he stops playing his game, he's going to be making a lot to be an Andreas Nodl.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
I wonder if he's afraid of getting hurt again. Ruutu was effective on the first line when he was crashing the net and creating space for Skinner and Staal. Then he just stopped. He's looked solid with Malhotra because they're a couple of guys that can hit, but he's making a lot to be a bottom six grinder. And if he stops playing his game, he's going to be making a lot to be an Andreas Nodl.

Knowing Ruutu is made of glass he probably is hurt already. And since his style of play depends solely on being that physical pest that finishes every check every time even a minor injury could throw him off his game.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
He's had two decent games in a row (minus the penalties). The Malholtra goal against Montreal, Ruutu did exactly what you guys are talking about. And he had 3 hits last night, to go along with another assist.

More likely, seems like playing on the top line just caught up to him, in that he's overslotted there, and needed to do more than he was capable of for that line to be successful.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
All I know is that JR better hurry up and trade someone. He traded Westgarth and we won the next day. Traded Gleason and we won the next day. We play tomorrow, JR.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wow! I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't just read it. Should make some posters happy on these boards.

RALEIGH, NC – Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with forward Chad LaRose on a one-year, two-way contract. The deal will pay LaRose $600,000 at the NHL level, or $125,000 at the American Hockey League (AHL) level.

“With the injury to Eric Staal, Chad brings a level of veteran leadership to the Hurricanes organization and gives the team depth and NHL experience at the forward position,” said Rutherford. “He has demonstrated in his career that he can be an extremely good two way player that can contribute on any line. Chad has kept himself in top condition and he knows our system so he will be able to step right in and contribute.”

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=689360

http://www.backgroundsdesktop.org/wallpapers/troll_face_background-1680x1050.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist after all this Chad talk in the GDT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad