GDT: 2/27/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
exogenous chinese synthetic hormones are probably on the training table for everyone in the nhl to grab let’s be honest.
Its not even like that though. I am not talking bootleg HGH, but something small like a topical cream that slowly releases Testosterone into the body.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Low T-levels are really weird in people's bodies. The charts on the percentage of men with low-t is pretty high considering. You wouldn't think a professional athlete would get it, but it is possible.
Baseline testerone levels from peak ages are unfortunately only for the rich. The spectrum for free range testosterone is a wide range and no one can really tell you if it’s low for you.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Which is exactly why buying this TDL makes no sense. I'm all for holding off this year. There's too many holes and even if you fill two with serviceable players, I still don't have confidence in Vasy. Would rather ride it out and see how he is next year.
Use the Sergachev LTIR cap space to take on a pending UFA salary and get a couple 2nds back from a contending team needing to clear cap space?

Reactions: OffBy1

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I can see a reason to buy. Like if Hanifin is actually on the table, I don't believe he is, but if he is. With an extension that is effective move for now and the future. A move like Paul or Hagel was is a move for now and later. Being buyers at the deadline isn't necessarily terrible, it just needs to have some moves with future planning over planning for the now.
I'll give you that. I guess my point was that being a buyer for the purpose of propping up this team and for this season, particularly with no indication that Vasy will find his form any time soon, would be foolish. But yes, if a deal that looks good for the future can be made, OK.

Reactions: Powerplay17

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I’ll take Jeannot for $200 Alex. Besides 88 playing at 50% (win/lose/win), bolts got massively outhit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Which is exactly why buying this TDL makes no sense. I'm all for holding off this year. There's too many holes and even if you fill two with serviceable players, I still don't have confidence in Vasy. Would rather ride it out and see how he is next year.
Yeah, as hard as I am on Vasy, I don't think it's obvious he's just "done." I think we need to see where he is next year, but, in the meantime, that leaves us in no man's land for this year. The team doesn't appear good enough to win a cup anyway, but it DEFINITELY isn't good enough to win a cup with back-up level goaltending. Vasy steals games right now about as often as the average back-up.

I'm generally against rentals anyway, but this year we'd be crazy to give up assets that weren't returning long-term solutions. We need depth and we need at least one good defenseman. We don't really have the assets to make this happen. That makes the Stamkos situation kind of interesting... Seems like they have to give him a ballpark figure before the TDL, do they not? Because if they're world's apart in money, I don't see how we don't ask if he'd be willing to play out the season with a contender. (I reiterate, if we are world's apart on the money.)

Reactions: Stammertime91

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I honestly see us moving out one of our top prospects this year for someone with term or someone like Hanifin that would come with an extension. I dont want it to happen and still think we should pull a 2016-17 season and be selling what we can and start bringing up the young kids and prioritize bringing guys like Huuhtanen, Howard, and Duke over

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Just because he didn't then, doesn't mean he can't now. That's like saying because I blew out my knee at 18, I should try to keep it healthy in my late 30's.
18 is basically peak testosterone for males. So, my point is, unless you have your own bloodwork from when you were 18, you don’t actually know what your baseline is and what would bring you back to your natural homeostasis.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I honestly see us moving out one of our top prospects this year for someone with term or someone like Hanifin that would come with an extension. I dont want it to happen and still think we should pull a 2016-17 season and be selling what we can and start bringing up the young kids and prioritize bringing guys like Huuhtanen, Howard, and Duke over
I don't think these prospects have nearly that much value.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I'd ask stammer if he'll take $5 mill after the year...if not...ask him where he'd like to go.

Nobody thought we'd tyrade Vinny or Marty either.

It's a business. We need assets to help extend the window.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Eamon Powell (yes we still have his rights) is a senior at Boston College, and is a stealth option for someone whose rights we could trade at the deadline. He likely isn't signing with all the right shot D ahead of him

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
If we trade duke I will convince myself that he wasn’t signing with us anyway. JBB hypothetically victorious once again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad