Post-Game Talk: #18| FLYERS 0 at Wild 3 | Tue. Nov. 14, 8:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Al keeps saying it was a product of playing Minnesota the past two games for the lack of scoring. I had no idea they played Minnesota every game of Hakstol’s tenure to this point.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes! Said they have to do more.
200w.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
For all those saying this is not surprising and that Hextall is still slow cooking the Flyers like he said he would...that is fine but what lots of us said would not be fine is if we didn't see improvement...even incremental. Still somewhat early but not really in this parity league.....this team as I noted up thread is establishing new franchise records in futility like this shutout streak. That is regression.....not acceptable especially seeing how teams like Vegas and NJ are getting much more from their underwhelming rosters...

Reactions: Vikke

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
My prediction:

We will lose to Winnipeg. The team will have a closed door meeting. They go on a decent hot streak (maybe 5 wins in a row) and then fall back to mediocrity again. The cycle will then repeat itself. There will be a minor trade or two at the deadline, and we will ultimately miss the playoffs by 4-6 points. Draft day will come and we won't get the same luck as last year. We will select a two-way player who doesn't see the NHL for 4 years.

The only positives will be Couturier breaking 40 pts, Patrick will improve throughout the season and Sanheim will eventually score his 1st goal.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My prediction:

We will lose to Winnipeg. The team will have a closed door meeting. They go on a decent hot streak (maybe 5 wins in a row) and then fall back to mediocrity again. The cycle will then repeat itself. There will be a minor trade or two at the deadline, and we will ultimately miss the playoffs by 4-6 points. Draft day will come and we won't get the same luck as last year. We will select a two-way player who doesn't see the NHL for 4 years.

The only positives will be Couturier breaking 40 pts, Patrick will improve throughout the season and Sanheim will eventually score his 1st goal.
I fear this is all true....Flyers have become all too predictable

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
My prediction:

Pretty spot on. Only change is that while the team is selecting a two-way player who doesn’t see the NHL for 4 years, they are passing on a no brainer sniper available.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Lines 2,3,4 now have 3 goals scored in the last 7 games. Combined.

can't really blame the 4th line, it's not really expected of them to score a lot, but our middle 6 is the worst in the league right now. it's atrocious. and that is incredible given how a lot of us thought it would be a strength going into the year. Hex and Hak have turned what was a potential deep forward core into a shitshow.

i know they've been good, but i HATE Giroux on LW. time to move him back to C and fix this depth problem once and for all. they can't keep relying on one line. putting your 3 best players on one line is stupid. no team does that. it makes it too easy to shut you down, and it's clear teams have figured that out now with the Flyers.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't care about the mistakes. They happen. It's the manner of which it is. It's completely controlable. He can't play with those guys and do it all by himself. He needs to just keep his game simple with those scrubs.

A simple game is pass-it-until-you-lose-it, dump-and-chase, floaters-from-the-point hockey, which is exactly what lost the Flyers this game. They were the pool-cue battering ram against the iron-banded fortress and just kept being simple until the puck exited the zone. The puck movement was so simple it was remedial, and they just repeated the 2nd grade over and over again while the Wild (most ironic team name atm, beside the Flyers) bottled up the middle, pressured the puck carrier and happily charged up ice on odd-man rushes.

Reactions: Alchemy

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Embarrassing. I am now at the point with Hak where i was with Berube. And the worst part is we all know he isn't getting fired mid-season because Hexy is too loyal to the guy. He'll let him play this out, we'll either miss the playoffs or get swept in the 1st round, and then he's gone.

At least there's the Eagles and Sixers...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No coach could do much with this current team.
Hextall is letting players like Weal, Leier and Manning play themselves out of a job.
Veterans like Lehtera, Filppula, Read, Weise and Raffl have one foot out of the door.
I expect the turnover to start in December and proceed throughout the spring.
But he doesn't want to insert 4-5 more inexperienced players in at once.
Like last year, when players like Cousins, Luby, VdV, Streit, MDZ, Schultz, etc. played themselves into new addresses.

When Patrick, Lindblom, NAK and MV come up, the team will be faster and more physical.
When Morin comes up (once they figure out how to juggle the D-men) the defense will be more intimidating.
If the team gets bigger, they may give Martel a shot at some point, replacing one of the current smurfs.
It's a process.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
It's only mid-November and I've already reached the point of just taking a pass on a game like tonight. Watched a bit of the SuperSeries game instead. Rubtsov is a player. Laberge can't be written off yet either.

So, how bad has this team been since Patrick went out?

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dave Hakstol could shoot someone and the victims family wouldnt despise him as much as I do.

This team is f***ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad